Empire Rework

Empire are one of the main factions, yet they barely have countering characters and cleansers. Giving Veers a Cleanse, adding counter to Stormtrooper, adding Iden Version with a Counter might be a good place to start with.
1...2...3! You're dead!

Replies

• KP67s
    42 posts Member
    I imagine the cleanser/TM manipulator for Empire will be Thrawn (whenever he comes out), he's best suited to it as it feels like it would fit with his tactical advantages over an enemy. Countering isn't a big deal now that Gar Saxon is coming, all Empire units will have counter ability if he's leader.

I feel new Empire units/reworks will emphasize TM suppression like the others. Vader suppresses it, Gar Saxon suppresses it, ISC takes advantage of lower TM, Magma suppresses it, DT dazes, Krennic staggers, etc it's all about control with the Empire.
    They may be slower and take time to get going (possibly solved with TM boosting from Thrawn, but this is entirely speculation) but when they do they can take control from the opposition pretty well, you just have to survive the initial turn. It would explain why a lot of the attacker units for Empire are so tanky with the HP and protection.

Can't wait to see what the eventual Empire pass brings us, this is the one faction I'm making an effort to grind up fully. I have my obligatory Wiggs and soon Chaze, that's about as far as I'll go with the Rebel scum lol
  • KP67s wrote: »
    ?... the cleanser/TM manipulator for Empire will be Thrawn (whenever he comes out)...Countering isn't a big deal now that Gar Saxon is coming, all Empire units will have counter ability if he's leader...
    That is the point! He gives 50%. People having a bit more counter chance would make it awesome and more useful. It is like a Ima Gundi Lead, but Jedi have more counter characters, that's why it works. Empire only have 1
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • KP67s
    42 posts Member
    That is the point! He gives 50%. People having a bit more counter chance would make it awesome and more useful. It is like a Ima Gundi Lead, but Jedi have more counter characters, that's why it works. Empire only have 1

I see your point, but I do have to add: The Jedi faction have two naturally countering Jedi anyway (Aayla/Kit), so it's not that big of a discrepancy between the factions.

The Empire gains a better counter chance (50%), a guaranteed counter with ISC, and Gar Saxon can, at least on paper, shoot up to 4 times extra depending if all other Empire characters counter. You basically have an Aayla (ISC) and Kit (Gar), except Gar > Kit with frequency of countering and more attacks. Already you're a bit up on the Jedi.

That being said, I'm not opposed to additional counter characters; Iden Versio would be interesting, don't know much about her and it all depends on what direction CG wants to take the Empire. History says TM suppression, but countering could become a thing. We'll just have to wait and see what rolls out. :)
  • The empire was defeated by Ewoks with arrows and stones ... They do not deserve my respect