Rex is the meta, not Maul

Prev13
They rule on my shard and my zeta Maul seens like a baby compared to most rex teams on my shard. My team is Maul, palp, DN, Boba and Kylo. Maybe SA instead of Boba could help, I don't know

Replies

• It's cuz your team is bad.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    You're the meta now, Dog!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    It's cuz your team is bad.

But I thought any scrub Sith team could win easy??

To the OP: Is your Kylo zeta'd? That helps a lot. Also try swapping in B2 instead of Boba. While Boba is useful against Chaze - B2 is useful against Chaze, Rex, and GK - and can single handedly make all 3 unable to buff. With EP in the mix, you can really shut down taunts and healing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Need a better team that's a team with a zmaul not a zaul team
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

To the OP: Is your Kylo zeta'd? That helps a lot. Also try swapping in B2 instead of Boba. While Boba is useful against Chaze - B2 is useful against Chaze, Rex, and GK - and can single handedly make all 3 unable to buff. With EP in the mix, you can really shut down taunts and healing.

I am finding not even B2 can overcome the Rex lead triple cleanse teams.... those teams increase the anger level :smile:
  • B2 is bad. By using him you essentially are going in 4v5. They should give B2 15 free turns at the beggining of the fight to balance him. But seriously, would that matter?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Odin_Noah wrote: »
    B2 is bad. By using him you essentially are going in 4v5. They should give B2 15 free turns at the beggining of the fight to balance him. But seriously, would that matter?

Interesting. Perhaps I should consider replacing him. But the fact that I finish first on November 2015 shard makes me hesitant. ;) I like crystals, so I'll leave him in. Thanks for the advice.

https://swgoh.gg/u/lucas_gregory/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Taramel wrote: »

I am finding not even B2 can overcome the Rex lead triple cleanse teams.... those teams increase the anger level :smile:

If you can't beat triple cleanse you simply shift nihulus to leader...
  • I run Maul/EP/Nihilus/Sith Assassin/B2. Rex teams are significantly easier than dealing with the randomness of other Maul teams.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I run Maul/EP/Nihilus/Sith Assassin/B2. Rex teams are significantly easier than dealing with the randomness of other Maul teams.

This is 100% accurate. Also, an enemy Rex lead makes it much easier to target enemy DN once B2 lies down a buff block on the taunters.

• As i zqgj user, i aim for rex teams
    Theyre usually much much easier to beat than zaul teams
    I wish i was on your shard haha
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member

Nah, the Zaul teams that are tough to beat typically include one of: Zavage, Zylo, Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper. They all must have Darth Nihilus.

Any scrub sith team could win under Zaul when the RNG is out of whack and they get 10 dodges per hit, but when RNG is behaving, you need a power character under Zaul to hold, at least on defense. I have Rex lead. :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »

Nah, the Zaul teams that are tough to beat typically include one of: Zavage, Zylo, Sith Assassin, Sith Trooper. They all must have Darth Nihilus.

Any scrub sith team could win under Zaul when the RNG is out of whack and they get 10 dodges per hit, but when RNG is behaving, you need a power character under Zaul to hold, at least on defense. I have Rex lead. :)
    I agree - a Zaul team is really only "dominant" if it contains at least one other Zeta'd character - and even then, it's subject to RNG.

My original comment was intended to be sarcastic. ;)

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hmmm tks man
    Odin_Noah wrote: »
    B2 is bad. By using him you essentially are going in 4v5. They should give B2 15 free turns at the beggining of the fight to balance him. But seriously, would that matter?

Interesting. Perhaps I should consider replacing him. But the fact that I finish first on November 2015 shard makes me hesitant. ;) I like crystals, so I'll leave him in. Thanks for the advice.

https://swgoh.gg/u/lucas_gregory/

If it works don't change. But B2 cant survive in our top 10 December 15 shard. Its just my opinion.
  • Wait wait wait... let me get this straight.
    Is this thread claiming that there is about 3 solid top 10 teams, and they all can beat one but lose to another, kinda like Rock, Paper, Scissors?

Change the meta now, this is not permissible.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    B2 is effective for sure on offense. the problem is that is he incrediblly and mind numbingly boring. That said, no team with B2 lasts in the top 20 for very long on my shard. He's so easy to completely negate.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • They rule on my shard and my zeta Maul seens like a baby compared to most rex teams on my shard. My team is Maul, palp, DN, Boba and Kylo. Maybe SA instead of Boba could help, I don't know

Unless you're running Sith Assassin, you're not running a serious Zaul team. Put SA, Zavage and Sith Trooper alongside Zaul and DN and come back to me on how OP Rex teams are.
  • I'm currently running a Rex lead team w/ zuDN, GK, Shore, & TFP and can clear most Zaul teams with decent regularity, but I actually had more success running Zader lead against Zaul teams with better regularity. The problem with Zader lead was that the other Rex teams were very difficult to beat, but my Rex team has great success against other Rex teams. I chose to stick with Rex since he's better against the overall leaderboard than Zader was. On a side note, we have one or 2 zQGJ teams in our shard that my Zader team could not beat, but my Rex team beats them with ease. I wish there was a little more variety on the leaderboards to make things more challenging, but right now you have to go with what's working well!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Palanthian wrote: »
    They rule on my shard and my zeta Maul seens like a baby compared to most rex teams on my shard. My team is Maul, palp, DN, Boba and Kylo. Maybe SA instead of Boba could help, I don't know

Unless you're running Sith Assassin, you're not running a serious Zaul team. Put SA, Zavage and Sith Trooper alongside Zaul and DN and come back to me on how OP Rex teams are.

This is the only Zaul team that I would consider "Meta". It has a 10-20% chance of beating a good rex team on defense. All others, no chance.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

This is the only Zaul team that I would consider "Meta". It has a 10-20% chance of beating a good rex team on defense. All others, no chance.

True... my Rex team holds position much better than any other teams I've tried. Double cleanse with a fast Rex and GK helps drastically when defending against Zaul teams.

(Hey RAYRAY! Nerf Herder from Sullust!)

Hmmm tks man

Yes but be sure to Omega B2's Mow Down, incredibly useful against Chaze Rex and GK
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Not sure why any of this matters

Rex lead can be beat by most teams (due to ai)
    Rex beats zaul
    Zaul beats everything else

Seems good to me
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I don't think SA is required if you have a fast team but having her certainly makes up for a slower zaul team or untouchable for that start round CD for DN... she also can put out damage which helps.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

True... my Rex team holds position much better than any other teams I've tried. Double cleanse with a fast Rex and GK helps drastically when defending against Zaul teams.

haha! Hey! Jedha > Sullust but Rebel Force > world :)
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Asic wrote: »
    Not sure why any of this matters

Rex lead can be beat by most teams (due to ai)
    Rex beats zaul
    Zaul beats everything else

Seems good to me

Well, to be honest,

Rex + GK beats everything on offense, not just Zaul.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

haha! Hey! Jedha > Sullust but Rebel Force > world :)

Lol! Bless your heart... at least you got part of that statement right!!! Haha! :D
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    No, Rex+GK don't beat everything on offense ;)
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    No, Rex+GK don't beat everything on offense ;)

What can't it beat on offense? Serious question, I haven't found it yet. And if such a team exists, that it would be meta too, no?
  • The problem is: for a good Zaul team we must have SA, Zavage, Sith trooper, and I'm f2p and I pass almost all days studying from 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM, that means that I do not have so much time to invest on these characters, but what I say is that Zaul is only meta with a restrict group of especific characters, while Rex can be with a lot of characters and can hold on on defense for a long time compared to zaul, that is only good on offense