Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Amish_Ace wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon if indeed you guy are considering how to fix this still, may I offer a solution?

Simply make the rancor immune to TM reduction in phase 4. This will allow high scores for deserving players and avoid the tie-breaker player ID sorting. I know it can be done, because the AAT raid resist TM in 2 of the 4 phases.

Please give is an update on this, it has been a while.

Thanks.

tenor.gif

I think every player that solos the raid should receive rank 1 rewards. EA clearly knew this would happen when they created Zader.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • +1, I also want a new ranking system because this one is not fair.
  • BigBadRon420
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    As more and more players are getting zeta vadar this tie score is becoming more and more of a problem for our guild

Please fix this soon
  • Adding to the discussion...my guild had multiple people solo for the first time last night. Previously it was only me soloing so wasn't an issue. There is no reason that all people who can finish the raid don't get the same rewards.

I don't care if the devs say this is how it is supposed to work it needs to be fixed. All players with the same score, other than 0, should get the same rewards.

Devs...it is issues like this that make people stop playing the game!!!! Fix it!
  • delwyn
    28 posts Member
    Please fix
  • I agree with the idea that if people can solo the entire raid, they deserve all the same rewards. And it would make life so much easier for guild officers....
  • Only 14 pages of comments requesting a change here. Seems like it is something the community really wants.

And so do I
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    anonidude wrote: »
    Only 14 pages of comments requesting a change here. Seems like it is something the community really wants.

And so do I

13.5k views, 400 comments spaning 14 pages as you said... What is the hold up @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse ?

We would really appreciate more elaboration on "we are looking into it", which was last month. SWC is over and I get you were preping trailer stuff for it, but now we really need a fix for this...like, yesterday. Thanks.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Yup!

We need a fix.
  • This will be a huge issue and will interfere with the guild trying to be fair to all members that have invested in Zeta Vader and who should have their turn at the top 1-3 finishes. I like the idea of rotating 3 players each raid, but it's another thing the guild shouldn't have to micromanage. I hope this gets fixed fast
  • Toxique wrote: »
    This will be a huge issue and will interfere with the guild trying to be fair to all members that have invested in Zeta Vader and who should have their turn at the top 1-3 finishes. I like the idea of rotating 3 players each raid, but it's another thing the guild shouldn't have to micromanage. I hope this gets fixed fast

It's not just the vader zeta although he is well capable. Old school teams including dengar or tfp phasma/5s have been soloing for months or more. Jynn Erso becoming farmable also makes another excellent tmr toon available to everyone.

The big issue is that advanced guilds have most members who are capable of soloing only for their position to be predefined in a way the player can't alter based on actual performance.

When will this be addressed?
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Yup!

We need a fix.

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_TopHat
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Though, I am currently the only 1 in my guild soloing the raid at this point in time, this is another headache that guilds should not have to deal with. Everyone who solos the raid and has equal damage should receive rank 1 rewards in my opinion. I can see it creating a lot of tensions between guild members.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Lemme just drop in here...
    RTGE6qXgc.gif
    • This is definitely something on the teams radar
    • This has been flagged for further review
    • There is a fix being worked on to ensure tiebreakers are no longer Player ID, but something the Players can control
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    How about whoever in the tie has won the least amount of times?
  • Bad idea .... what about Speed?
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Docperi wrote: »
    Bad idea .... what about Speed?

That screws over preloaders. <insert argument based on your opinion of preloading here>

• Tyric
    29 posts Member
    This is an issue which Absolutely needs to be addressed. The current "tie breaker" mechanism based on Player ID is unfair and inequitable.

I'd be happy with an RNG to determine ranking placement for those who solo entire rankor.
  • How about just normalise the rewards and if 30 people draw for 1st then 30 people get 1st rewards. surely they deserve that?
  • speed is the absolute worst tiebreaker possible, because it basically eliminates a 24-hr registration and means every single guild member needs to be available at raid time to get rewards. please anything but speed.
  • BatuKhan wrote: »
    speed is the absolute worst tiebreaker possible, because it basically eliminates a 24-hr registration and means every single guild member needs to be available at raid time to get rewards. please anything but speed.

Yeah, I will be very interested to see what they use as tiebreakers. Everything I have seen suggested stinks for one reason or another:

- speed: it screws over preloading / preregistering a 0
    - total damage done: that last swing isn't real important at the end of a 12m damage run. It means you must use Vader teams to win. Someone running rebels with jyn / bistan has no shot. That seem like a very unfair way to change things this late in the raid's life
    - number of donations in guild exchange - penalizes people who want to switch guilds

As far as tie breakers going, randomization is the only thing I see as fair so far. However @CG_Kozispoon said it would be something we can control.

I personally still feel if you can do a full clear of a raid, you deserve rank 1 rewards. All other ties I don't care about nearly as much, they can use anything they want.
  • DarthScott wrote: »
    BatuKhan wrote: »
    speed is the absolute worst tiebreaker possible, because it basically eliminates a 24-hr registration and means every single guild member needs to be available at raid time to get rewards. please anything but speed.

Yeah, I will be very interested to see what they use as tiebreakers. Everything I have seen suggested stinks for one reason or another:

- total damage done: that last swing isn't real important at the end of a 12m damage run. It means you must use Vader teams to win. Someone running rebels with jyn / bistan has no shot. That seem like a very unfair way to change things this late in the raid's life
    - number of donations in guild exchange - penalizes people who want to switch guilds

As far as tie breakers going, randomization is the only thing I see as fair so far. However @CG_Kozispoon said it would be something we can control.

I personally still feel if you can do a full clear of a raid, you deserve rank 1 rewards. All other ties I don't care about nearly as much, they can use anything they want.

You think making the rancor immune to TM reduction in p4 stinks?
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol

I believe if you do 1st place damage, you should get 1st place rewards. The devs knew the Rancor would be easily soloable when they created Vader's leader. Why should we be penalized for spending the resources they wanted us to? I could have zeta'd other toons, but I chose Zader as my first for Rancor.
  • Amish_Ace wrote: »
    DarthScott wrote: »

You think making the rancor immune to TM reduction in p4 stinks?

It is a decent idea. I'm sure one team will end up consistently getting further than others people are using for full clears now though. That effectively penalizes people for their choices now, which sucks.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    DarthScott wrote: »

I believe if you do 1st place damage, you should get 1st place rewards. The devs knew the Rancor would be easily soloable when they created Vader's leader. Why should we be penalized for spending the resources they wanted us to? I could have zeta'd other toons, but I chose Zader as my first for Rancor.

Agree completely. If you full clear, you get #1 rewards is the only fully fair outcome. However I doubt it happens.
  • Hiya!
    Lemme just drop in here...
    RTGE6qXgc.gif
    • This is definitely something on the teams radar
    • This has been flagged for further review
    • There is a fix being worked on to ensure tiebreakers are no longer Player ID, but something the Players can control

Let's tie this to Guild Activities, specifically last completed guild activity. For example, those who helped the guild the most during Cantina energy day, they'd be rewarded by given a raid tiebreaker. This would encourage those to contribute. We'd run into a tie problem with GWs and Challenges, but I know how much you guys like RNG!
  • Far better to fix Zvader, so you do not have the easy solos... Still possible to solo with other squads...

Or you could work something out with your guild mates.... I.E. IF you make top 3, you must limit your damage for next 3 raids.
  • I know a guild of misfits that has solved this very easily. They just run a single, Champion toon, in what used to be the 24 no damage period. Then it's zerg. Simplistic in application and effective. Sure, once you find out which toon to run, it becomes who has best so and so, coupled with RNG, and this still beats tying with fifteen people.
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    danrussoa wrote: »
    I know a guild of misfits that has solved this very easily. They just run a single, Champion toon, in what used to be the 24 no damage period. Then it's zerg. Simplistic in application and effective. Sure, once you find out which toon to run, it becomes who has best so and so, coupled with RNG, and this still beats tying with fifteen people.

I don't like this for a bunch of reasons:
    - it forces some people to gear up a toon they wouldn't otherwise gear
    - you also need to give them great mods, which is a pain if you switch mods
    - people will retreat and try 50 times to get perfect RNG, which creates yet another chore in game to do.
    - some dishonest people will run 2 chars instead of 1. Policing that is annoying as hell. (note: we didn't actually have this problem, but it is totally possible)
    - people who preload their full clear early will do more damage then those that load it up later (as other people continue to do damage in the 24 hour period)

we tried variants of this to get around the above problems and they stunk. Currently we are just saying 'no full clears allowed'. You have to escape your chars or die before the rancor does. It isn't ideal, but it is less work / seems to work better than the above
    danrussoa wrote: »
    I know a guild of misfits that has solved this very easily. They just run a single, Champion toon, in what used to be the 24 no damage period. Then it's zerg. Simplistic in application and effective. Sure, once you find out which toon to run, it becomes who has best so and so, coupled with RNG, and this still beats tying with fifteen people.

I don't like this for a bunch of reasons:
    - it forces some people to gear up a toon they wouldn't otherwise gear
    - you also need to give them great mods, which is a pain if you switch mods
    - people will retreat and try 50 times to get perfect RNG, which creates yet another chore in game to do.
    - some dishonest people will run 2 chars instead of 1. Policing that is annoying as hell. (note: we didn't actually have this problem, but it is totally possible)
    - people who preload their full clear early will do more damage then those that load it up later (as other people continue to do damage in the 24 hour period)

we tried variants of this to get around the above problems and they stunk. Currently we are just saying 'no full clears allowed'. You have to escape your chars or die before the rancor does. It isn't ideal, but it is less work / seems to work better than the above

Our guild does this, and it works perfectly. We choose a tag (Geo, Clones, etc), and you get one character who can do one attack. You have to screenshot your final result (failure to do so means you can't solo the raid). All attacks take place at least 12 hours before solo time. No real issues so far.
    Obviously your points about gearing toons you normally wouldn't, mods, RNG, time, etc are still valid. But this is a good solution to any guild sick of Player ID deciding rank.