Mandalorian Faction

With Sabine, ISC, Gar and Boba in the game, I believe Mandalorians are coming
1...2...3! You're dead!

Replies

• CF_Jedi1234
    376 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I mean, it would be cool to use a Gar, ISC, Sabine, Boba, Jango or a Death Watch Trooper, Pre Vizla, Gar Saxon, Jango, Canderous Ordo team
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • I was surprised they didn't add that tag to Sabine, ISC and Gar already.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    Is Boba Mandalorian? Or does he just wear Mandalorian armor?
  • Tannjam wrote: »

Boba is mandalorian. His father (which he is technically a clone of) Jango Fett was a mandalorian. Boba is a Mandalorian who wears Mandalorian armor.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Tannjam wrote: »

Boba is mandalorian. His father (which he is technically a clone of) Jango Fett was a mandalorian. Boba is a Mandalorian who wears Mandalorian armor.

His father claimed to be Mandalorian, but that's in dispute:

"During Kenobi's visit to the planet Mandalore, he had a brief conversation with Prime Minister Almec about the late Jango Fett. Almec declared that the bounty hunter was not a Mandalorian despite the armor he wore"

• Tannjam wrote: »

"During Kenobi's visit to the planet Mandalore, he had a brief conversation with Prime Minister Almec about the late Jango Fett. Almec declared that the bounty hunter was not a Mandalorian despite the armor he wore"

I am not so sure either. I don't think Jango or Bobba would be considered Mandalorian. They are from Mandalorian decent and in that way may be considered Mandalorian, but to become bounty hunters is very dishonorable according the Mandalorian tradition. I doubt any true Mandalorians would consider them as such.
  • EU Boba & Jango are Mandalorians, canon they just wear the armor. This doesn't matter for this game though. Most of it is EU.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Exletion wrote: »
    but to become bounty hunters is very dishonorable according the Mandalorian tradition. I doubt any true Mandalorians would consider them as such.
    That doesn't seem right at all. I've played Bounty Hunter class story in SWTOR.

• If they add a Mandalorian tag then we should see some Old Republic characters added. Canderous Ordo, they could add a couple generic Mandalorian a like they did when Nihilus was released. (Mandalorian Trooper and Mandalorian Scout maybe?)
  • Exletion wrote: »

I am not so sure either. I don't think Jango or Bobba would be considered Mandalorian. They are from Mandalorian decent and in that way may be considered Mandalorian, but to become bounty hunters is very dishonorable according the Mandalorian tradition. I doubt any true Mandalorians would consider them as such.

There is a reason for that. His adopted father and real father were killed by a Mandalorian faction (Death Watch) during the Mandalorian Civil War, when Satine reformed the ideas. He was later defeated by them and was sold into slavery. He finally beat them, and since there was no war, he turned into a bounty hunter.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Exletion wrote: »

There is a reason for that. His adopted father and real father were killed by a Mandalorian faction (Death Watch) during the Mandalorian Civil War, when Satine reformed the ideas. He was later defeated by them and was sold into slavery. He finally beat them, and since there was no war, he turned into a bounty hunter.

I know of Satine and the civil war with Death Watch, but I didn't know his parents died; interesting. Still not sure if the Mandalorians would consider him a true Mandalorian though.
  • If they add a Mandalorian tag then we should see some Old Republic characters added. Canderous Ordo, they could add a couple generic Mandalorian a like they did when Nihilus was released. (Mandalorian Trooper and Mandalorian Scout maybe?)

Crusader, Shocktrooper, Rally Master
  • I could totally get behind this idea, was just thinking this myself... give them high evasion & offense... synergy like that of clones... ect ect
  • Did anyone else read this as Mandalorian Falcon and want to see Boba piloting a green and black painted YT-1300?