Internet provider troubles and a question

So, lately, my internet company keeps upping my bill every month. It's gotten way too expensive, and calling to cancel didn't persuade them to lower. As I think of changing, I had two questions:

1. How much data does this game consume? Let's say I play for an hour a day.
2. What speed of internet do you think is needed for a good play experience?

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Maybe 500mbs.
    Any Internet Connection will due. It's your phone hardware that matters
  • StarSon
    7438 posts Member
    Options
    Since October 2016, this game has consumed 1.0GB of cellular data. At home I usually play on WiFi (I occasionally switch to cellular because sometimes being on WiFi causes the game to be slower, for some weird reason), but probably half the time I play is on cellular.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Since October 2016, this game has consumed 1.0GB of cellular data. At home I usually play on WiFi (I occasionally switch to cellular because sometimes being on WiFi causes the game to be slower, for some weird reason), but probably half the time I play is on cellular.
    That's a pretty good chunk of data. Couple questions I would like to ask to be able to analyze this:

How many hours a day do you think you've spent playing this game on average in the timeframe you mentioned?

Do you always do updates on WiFi, or do you/have you done a fair amount of them cellularly?

• crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    If I could remember my username and password for our service, I could tell you the specs. All I know is it's the cheapest package AT&T offers in our area and the speed works just fine. I think someone may have mentioned rhe game only connects going into the battle and at the end, but I'm not sure. As a poster said above, your phone's hardware might matter more.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Data usage for this game is minimal.

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Just looked at my phones cellular usage. I've used 1.1 GB cellular data since Feb. 2015.
  • StarSon
    7438 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    That's a pretty good chunk of data. Couple questions I would like to ask to be able to analyze this:

How many hours a day do you think you've spent playing this game on average in the timeframe you mentioned?

Do you always do updates on WiFi, or do you/have you done a fair amount of them cellularly?

I hadn't thought so, personally. Works out to less than 200MB/month. I play 2-4 hours a day probably, depending on raids. Updates are not always done on WiFi.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you play live p2p games you need fast connection. I doubt SWGOH will go that route eventually though.
  • Options
    These things sound very manageable for us. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Unlimited data plans aren't that much more expensive.. especially if you have a group plan.. I have used 49gb this month by myself and we still have 11 days left
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

You think 1 gig for 6 months is a lot? Lol