Nerf Dooku Right Now!!!!

Prev1
Guys, Dooku is WAY too overpowered. Not joking, I've seen him take 11 turns... in a row. Don't know if this is hacks or something or actually something the game does. Whatever it is though, it HAS to stop. He will Stun your entire team in like 2 turns (which he takes in a row) and then counter the crap out of you when you are able to attack! Post on this thread whether or not you think Dooku should be nerfed!

Replies

• Options
    Just in case you're serious.
    3VQzWcM.gif
  • Options
    He's fast and attacking him makes him even faster. He's difficult to handle under a DN lead if you don't have a heavy hitter like wedge biggs combo, or kylo. Need to hit him with a stun. He's not that great with everyone else.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Stun or Daze ? Problem solved, your welcome !
  • Options
    Guys, Dooku is WAY too overpowered. Not joking, I've seen him take 11 turns... in a row. Don't know if this is hacks or something or actually something the game does. Whatever it is though, it HAS to stop. He will Stun your entire team in like 2 turns (which he takes in a row) and then counter the **** out of you when you are able to attack! Post on this thread whether or not you think Dooku should be nerfed!

Stun or daze. A quick wiggs burst or dn annihilate, tenacity up. Plenty of options to stop him.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku is really only a threat under nihlus lead, then he's a monster. Nihlus annihilate can take care of him, as can shock. People are calling out daze, but he's so fast he can get out of it quickly, or if they're smart, they run multiple cleansers to quickly take care of that. Best bet is annihilate
  • Options
    OP just keep using the same team and hoping this time it'll be different.
    Hey man, "It's Try Hard" like your name says, not hardly try.
  • Afa
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Kill him early game, not end game
  • Options
    Nerf the OP. He clearly should not be playing this game if he can't figure out how to beat dooku...or read, since dooku has been discussed on this forum 100s of times since Darth Nihilus was released.
  • Options
    I haven't had a problem with a dooku for months, ive never faced him under a DN lead though. Until I read your post, I wouldn't even put dooku in the top 20 toons available but I'll look out for him now.
  • Options
    I haven't had a problem with a dooku for months, ive never faced him under a DN lead though. Until I read your post, I wouldn't even put dooku in the top 20 toons available but I'll look out for him now.

He's not even a problem under Nihilus if you actually use your brain. But most people that complain about him don't. They just want to complain.
  • Options

He's not even a problem under Nihilus if you actually use your brain. But most people that complain about him don't. They just want to complain.

Most people who complain about him are probably newer, and have fewer options available to them. It's possible they have nothing to roll out there that can come close to shutting Dooku down under a DN lead.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    Dooku is really only a threat under nihlus lead, then he's a monster. Nihlus annihilate can take care of him, as can shock. People are calling out daze, but he's so fast he can get out of it quickly, or if they're smart, they run multiple cleansers to quickly take care of that. Best bet is annihilate

How can shock take care of Dooku and Daze not because he get's out of it too quickly? If I remember correctly shock doesn't last longer so he'll get out of it just as quick.

The difference is with Shock you prevent the health steal which is very helpful but you will still be countered and thus ability blocked and stunned. Daze doesn't prevent the health steal but it prevents Dooku from countering, that slows the rate of ability blocks and stuns and also because he doesn't counter he won't get as much health steal. So if you look only at those two debuffs I'd say Daze >= Shock when facing Dooku

Burst damage of Annihilate of course are even better options though as you mentioned
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dooku is the second best in terms of speed (after TFP).
    So under a Maul lead he's in fact the fastest character on the game.
    We all know what speed means, so..
    ..should a counter-attacker really be that quick?

You don't want your attackers to punch at this guy without a taunt up and daze or stun won't stick long enough to matter much. They just went too high at his speed.
  • Options
    Nerf Dooku Right Now!!!!
    Nope. You didn't use enough exclamation marks. You need to use at least 10 before the devs apply unnecessary nerfs just for you.

• Options
    I face him a lot since 20 of my top 50 are still DN led sith(not hard to guess who the other big block is), and that is why I run RG. Available at all levels, high potency, stun Dooku. Keep him stunned. Obviously you need a dispeller if there is a SIT around, but stun, stun, stun. And he has a low health pool, so one turn should wipe him out.
  • Options
    I only find him useful under my DN lead. Otherwise when I used him under guys like Zaul or EP he really isn't that hard to dispatch, and hence why I don't use him in any team other than DN
  • Options
    I take him out last or 2nd to last. Stun and daze him while eliminating everyone else. He really is quite easy if you have taken the time to develop characters that exploit his weakness of dazed/stunned players don't counter/assist.

If you have not developed those type of characters, then I guess your only counter would be this post?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • NacciPerse
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Guys, Dooku is WAY too overpowered. Not joking, I've seen him take 11 turns... in a row. Don't know if this is hacks or something or actually something the game does. Whatever it is though, it HAS to stop. He will Stun your entire team in like 2 turns (which he takes in a row) and then counter the **** out of you when you are able to attack! Post on this thread whether or not you think Dooku should be nerfed!

9Y9D_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    Mazurka wrote: »

How can shock take care of Dooku and Daze not because he get's out of it too quickly? If I remember correctly shock doesn't last longer so he'll get out of it just as quick.

The difference is with Shock you prevent the health steal which is very helpful but you will still be countered and thus ability blocked and stunned. Daze doesn't prevent the health steal but it prevents Dooku from countering, that slows the rate of ability blocks and stuns and also because he doesn't counter he won't get as much health steal. So if you look only at those two debuffs I'd say Daze >= Shock when facing Dooku

Burst damage of Annihilate of course are even better options though as you mentioned

Good points, as a dooku user shock is much more detrimental to him than daze, I don't play against him at all so I'm looking through a different lense.
  • Options
    DN lead will make him near unstoppable if you don't stun him. Stormtrooper Han is a simple booster, taunt and everytime dooku hits you get mad turn meter
  • Options
    Nolnasty wrote: »
    DN lead will make him near unstoppable if you don't stun him. Stormtrooper Han is a simple booster, taunt and everytime dooku hits you get mad turn meter

It doesn't matter how many solutions you give them, they'll keep using their busted team and keep getting beat by the same "OP" things.
  • Options
    @Gank_Killer We're not all level 85 and have a stable of 7 star Gear X toons to throw around. Stop being a tool. OP didn't say what level he was at, but as a level 70 player, Dooku under Nihilus is a hard match, and I run three players with stun and GS for high offense. I can stun him and he can still go before the next player on my team - that's not broken somehow? (And yes, everyone on my team has a speed mod).

Spout off about busted teams all you want, but 'adapting' in this game happens at the same pace as natural selection, unless you want to spend a bunch of real money on fake stuff.

At my level, it's busted. Nihilus was free during the Lord of Hunger event so he didn't need to be farmed. Dooku is fairly easy to get to Level 4 and isn't hard to gear to VIII. The combo is OP unless you've decided to build your entire team around combating this **** Sith meta. And even then, the RNG gods can be unfavorable. And if a decently geared Sith Trooper is on the team, just go home. It's garbage cheap stuff in the 60s and low 70s.
  • Options
    @Gank_Killer We're not all level 85 and have a stable of 7 star Gear X toons to throw around. Stop being a tool. OP didn't say what level he was at, but as a level 70 player, Dooku under Nihilus is a hard match, and I run three players with stun and GS for high offense. I can stun him and he can still go before the next player on my team - that's not broken somehow? (And yes, everyone on my team has a speed mod).

Spout off about busted teams all you want, but 'adapting' in this game happens at the same pace as natural selection, unless you want to spend a bunch of real money on fake stuff.

At my level, it's busted. Nihilus was free during the Lord of Hunger event so he didn't need to be farmed. Dooku is fairly easy to get to Level 4 and isn't hard to gear to VIII. The combo is OP unless you've decided to build your entire team around combating this **** Sith meta. And even then, the RNG gods can be unfavorable. And if a decently geared Sith Trooper is on the team, just go home. It's garbage cheap stuff in the 60s and low 70s.

Just stop it. I've been whipping DN/Dooku since I was in the low 70s. Now lvl 81. The combo isn't unbeatable. It's called strategy.

My unsynergistic team of Boba (L), Phasma, Kylo, ST Han, and Nihilus has been beating DN/Dooku since it became popular.

I face Dookus that are faster than my entire team, and still end the battle with 4 or 5 toons standing. I face 7* DN, Dooku, Vader, Maul, Kylo, and wipe the floor with them.

Do better. He's not untouchable. Otherwise, the meta would be DN/Dooku, not zMaul.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku under a Nihilus lead is legitimately broken if you're level 50 or lower. After that you start to develop better characters that can counter Dooku.

I can see someone being frustrated playing against this combination early on. Most of the top 20 teams on my shard had this at level 50. At level 73 they've all changed or are now struggling to stay in the top 50 or worse.
  • Options

Funny but I was an early adopter of the DN/Dooku combo. The whole reason why was because I got sick of the annoying "OP" Wiggs and Chaze combos. Oh well. Depends on your shard, as what you see isn't reflective of what else is happening in other shards (and why people shifted to that and Zaul combos). On my shard, it wasn't until the past 2 weeks that I saw people really/finally adapt and turn Sith. I was the only Sith in the top 50 for months and this was before I even got Zaul (was running a Vader then eventually a DN lead as soon as it came out). In my world, it used to be all Wedge or Lando or Boba leads with Wiggs, Chaze or StHan .. basically a mix of all those toons. Extremely frustrating but DN was one of the real solid solutions to that puzzle. Now Zaul's in the mix. Something else will change down the road. You'll see.
  • Options
    Xetal wrote: »
    Dooku under a Nihilus lead is legitimately broken if you're level 50 or lower. After that you start to develop better characters that can counter Dooku.

I can see someone being frustrated playing against this combination early on. Most of the top 20 teams on my shard had this at level 50. At level 73 they've all changed or are now struggling to stay in the top 50 or worse.

This makes so little sense, friend.... How can some one's team be broken because your team isn't developed enough to contend with it? Your Ferrari is broken because my Toyota isn't able to beat it in a race?

As far as some one getting frustrated... ok. But the fact is, you wanted a team with certain characters and your opponent wanted a team with his characters and as it turns out, his team composition kicked your rear end. Sorry. Do what any self-respecting organism on the planet has done for a zillion years and adapt or go play some more Pokemon for a while.

• Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »

This makes so little sense, friend.... How can some one's team be broken because your team isn't developed enough to contend with it? Your Ferrari is broken because my Toyota isn't able to beat it in a race?

As far as some one getting frustrated... ok. But the fact is, you wanted a team with certain characters and your opponent wanted a team with his characters and as it turns out, his team composition kicked your rear end. Sorry. Do what any self-respecting organism on the planet has done for a zillion years and adapt or go play some more Pokemon for a while.

What doesn't make sense? If you don't counter Doing under a Nihilus lead then he is really tough.

At higher levels you have a bunch of counters to pick from that makes this easy. At lower levels you do not have the counters, so he is hard.

The game isn't balanced around level 40 gameplay, so I don't really see this as an issue as much as a lower level growing pain.
  • Options
    @Speedokillz "Your team isn't developed enough to contend with it?" That's the point friendo. Power is nothing but a measure of how 'developed' your team is (stars + gear + level), right? Yet, the DN led sith teams in my shard routinely have 20% lower power than the other teams around the same rank. They must all be flipping geniuses!!

No really, if you're saying, "your non-DN team isn't 25% more powerful than my DN-led team and can't beat it, so you need to adapt"....I find that logic broken - or convenient for someone trying to justify why their free character is better than the one someone actually worked to unlock.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just saying that it doesn't make it "broken." And there are many characters at low levels that can stun...

• Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/stun/

@Cannonfodder and for the record, I routinely see players put, what is normally a powerful individual characters together that have a high power rating get beat by a team that has great synergy and compliments each toons ability and attacks. Power ain't nothing but a number when the characters do not form a good team or work well together.
    Post edited by Speedokillz on