Did Gar Saxon made Empire viable for p1 haat?

Interesting lead, granting 50% counter chance + 5% health gain. Wonder if it might do well on p1. Thoughts?

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Too much damage to gg, he will be getting his buff non stop until you are annihilated.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Might just be a slight improvement over Jedis. P1 is a black hole other than zylo by himself retreating nonstop I believe.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Too much damage to gg, he will be getting his buff non stop until you are annihilated.

This is exactly the point of the best p1 team available though, having GG gets countered non-stop until he's enraged for 1mil+ damage in 60-90 seconds
  • Drax_77 wrote: »

Thats the point? How is that different to a igd lead?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Thoughts?

Don't want to spend $1000 to find out :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KeKattia wrote: »

This is exactly the point of the best p1 team available though, having GG gets countered non-stop until he's enraged for 1mil+ damage in 60-90 seconds

But only a 50% chance really won't work. The current system for that plan needs the 100% chance to keep the adds from attacking too.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Let me rephrase, too many hits to gg, which means he will be constantly buffing himself and gaining tons of turn meter. And I haven't seen an igd lead doing very well either. I could be wrong, go ahead and spend the money to 7* him and let us all know.
  • Side tracking incoming.

With this release seeming to be a empire counter event to the rebel event, has there been any talk of bringing in ships for the two new chars like the Phoenix event brought?
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Let me rephrase, too many hits to gg, which means he will be constantly buffing himself and gaining tons of turn meter. And I haven't seen an igd lead doing very well either. I could be wrong, go ahead and spend the money to 7* him and let us all know.

I wont spend a dime on him. Just curious as to the mechanics and if it could work
    I seen igd leads do remarkably well, are you serious?
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    But only a 50% chance really won't work. The current system for that plan needs the 100% chance to keep the adds from attacking too.

Who said he was gonna be leading the team?
    EDIT: Sorry forgot that the OP originally asked about that. I should've maybe mentioned I'd run him outside of lead

Just put him in the MG-combo and let him hit 3-6 times.

Well you must have been living under a rock then. One of the most vocal p1 teams these days is an IGD lead doing 25% easily, I've seen up to 35%, aka 1.4mil. Now if that isn't very well I'd like to see what kinda teams you're running
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Use him with the gk/maul loop team. Think that is best option
  • I think it could do well

TFP for buff block, palps shock the group so don't have to worry about taunt or GG buff. RG to keep adds stunned. Always like the idea of toon with stun and counterattack.

downside, thoose 3 toons are better used as part of a p3 team
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Not as lead and not with Empire, but he could be good in place of Scav (?) on the 100% counter loop team since he'll assist non-stop. But someone else can fork over $500 to test it first :neutral:

That is exactly what you want to happen. His AOE does very little damage compared to his basic, so if you counter 100% (IGD/Ani/Boba lead GK Maul FOTP Scav/Saxon) then he'll only use his AOE. And the adds don't gain tm (or, consequently, taunt), so you just keep hitting GG with counters. The DoTs will never hurt you because ideally, you'll never actually take a turn. It'll all be counters.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Theoretically if Gar was lead, ISC should counter 100%, and will counter twice since GG should be at 0% TM. If Gar assists both counters, that would make it a total of 4 attacks(Edited for bad maths), more than enough to free up other slots to play around with. His lead would also give ISC and himself 5% health every counter, making them last a lot longer. That might even eliminate the need for Kenobi.
    Post edited by Huatimus on
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Not as lead and not with Empire, but he could be good in place of Scav (?) on the 100% counter loop team since he'll assist non-stop. But someone else can fork over $500 to test it first :neutral:

That is exactly what you want to happen. His AOE does very little damage compared to his basic, so if you counter 100% (IGD/Ani/Boba lead GK Maul FOTP Scav/Saxon) then he'll only use his AOE. And the adds don't gain tm (or, consequently, taunt), so you just keep hitting GG with counters. The DoTs will never hurt you because ideally, you'll never actually take a turn. It'll all be counters.

wouldn't all your counterattacks cause B2 to go and then remove all your buffs thus reducing the effectiveness of GK in that lineup/scenerio
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Not if Maul dazes all the other droids and prevents them from gaining TM.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

wouldn't all your counterattacks cause B2 to go and then remove all your buffs thus reducing the effectiveness of GK in that lineup/scenerio
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Not if Maul dazes all the other droids and prevents them from gaining TM.

No because daze means they don't gain tm
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • and now I walk away in shame because I missed something really obvious....
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Theoretically if Gar was lead, ISC should counter 100%, and will counter twice since GG should be at 0% TM. If Gar assists both counters, that would make it a total of 6 attacks, more than enough to free up other slots to play around with. His lead would also give ISC and himself 5% health every counter, making them last a lot longer. That might even eliminate the need for Kenobi.
    Your math seems off to me. 65% and 50% together make it roughly an 82.5% chance to counter. He should attack twice. and if Gar assisted both times, that would be 4 attacks as far as I can count.

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Hmmm, pretty sure the 65% and 50% is additive to make it 115%?
    And yes I miscounted, he should attack twice, and Gar would assist twice for total of 4 guaranteed attacks. Will edit to reflect that.
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    The only use of this is to replace GK in a full counter team (as far as I can tell I hold the record with 1.4M but there is always better, and still a long way from the best 2M+ with Jyn / Teebo / Cassian but they are better in P3 so not really up to date team).
    Or to made another "descend team" for those who want to do the HAAT with only 2 or 3 people.
    At the very least they are a funny mechanics.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Hmmm, pretty sure the 65% and 50% is additive to make it 115%?
    And yes I miscounted, he should attack twice, and Gar would assist twice for total of 4 guaranteed attacks. Will edit to reflect that.
    They would be separate checks. He counters 65% of the time on his own. That means his own leaves 35% of the time where he doesn't counter. Gar's leader ability gives him 50% counter. He will counter 50% of the time from Gar's leader where he didn't from his own. 50% of 35% is 17.5% + 65% = 82.5% chance to counter.

Now I don't know if it will, but it could potentially trigger off of both counterattack triggers resulting in 2 counterattacks, each consisting of 2 attacks. That would happen 50% of 65% of the time, or 32.5% of the time if possible. If it is, he could get 2 sets of 2 attacks, and if Gar can assist on each, that could be 8 attacks just between those 2 from ISC being attacked once... but that's a lot of ifs and maybes.

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    They would be separate checks. He counters 65% of the time on his own. That means his own leaves 35% of the time where he doesn't counter. Gar's leader ability gives him 50% counter. He will counter 50% of the time from Gar's leader where he didn't from his own. 50% of 35% is 17.5% + 65% = 82.5% chance to counter.

Now I don't know if it will, but it could potentially trigger off of both counterattack triggers resulting in 2 counterattacks, each consisting of 2 attacks. That would happen 50% of 65% of the time, or 32.5% of the time if possible. If it is, he could get 2 sets of 2 attacks, and if Gar can assist on each, that could be 8 attacks just between those 2 from ISC being attacked once... but that's a lot of ifs and maybes.

If you were correct on this the Aayla Secura would not counter 100% of the time under IGD lead. She does however (65% + 35% = 100%) which leads me to believe that those chances are additive thus 65% + 50% = 115% making ISC counter 100% of the time.

I see where you're coming from and I used to believe that with Aayla at some point as well but that is just not how it works.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Dayma wrote: »
    The only use of this is to replace GK in a full counter team (as far as I can tell I hold the record with 1.4M but there is always better, and still a long way from the best 2M+ with Jyn / Teebo / Cassian but they are better in P3 so not really up to date team).
    Or to made another "descend team" for those who want to do the HAAT with only 2 or 3 people.
    At the very least they are a funny mechanics.

Why would you replace GK if he's the reason you can even make the full counter team? I see Gar replacing Scav in the MG setup and a guild mate has tried it getting almost 20-30% damage in these early tries