The team I used to beat LS 9B

Hello again. Well after roughly 20 failed attempts at 3 starring light side 9B, I beat it this morning and got 3 stars. :) I just want to share with you's the team I used, all 7* and not great mods.

A brilliant borrowed GK, gear 11,lvl 85
Zeta QGJ (lead), gear 11,lvl 85
Luminara , gear 10, lvl 81
Old Ben , gear 9, lvl 80
Yoda , gear 9 , lvl 82
Ashoka , gear 8 , lvl 80

I know how frustrating that node can be so if my info helps just one person then it's been worthwhile to post this.

Good luck.

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    I was thinking Jedi were the answer too; I dont have zQGJ; borrowed him a few times and got close. I dont have GK either, so its one or the other (have friends with both). I ran IGD, Alaya, QGJ, Ashoka, and JKA with a borrowed zQGJ (replacing mine with Lumi or Barris); or GK. I can get real close but no cigar, I think I'll wait till I get my GK and give it another go.
  • I managed to 3* 9b and 9c using...

Ally 7* gear 11 Gk

Old Ben G10
    Rey g10
    Qui g11
    Yoda g10
    Lumi g10

All 7* all level 78-84

Was quite easy in the end.
  • I've been dumping gear into my Rebels but just can't get past 9a. I guess I'll farm some Jedi, who are in pretty rough shape for me.

I also have a lot of six and seven star Clones, would they be any good at hard LS 9s? I would rather gear them up.
  • AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I've been dumping gear into my Rebels but just can't get past 9a. I guess I'll farm some Jedi, who are in pretty rough shape for me.

I also have a lot of six and seven star Clones, would they be any good at hard LS 9s? I would rather gear them up.

What Rebels in particular are you using? Depending on the comp I have a Zeta Jyn that may help...
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    I used..

Borrowed JKA

And a full maxed clone team with zeta Cody and 5's.

Before the node was nerfed to what it is now
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    I used QGZ (GXI), Yoda (GXI), Aayla (GXI), Ahsoka (GX) and JKA (GXI). Borrowed and Old Ven from guild mate.
    Saved OB's special until round 3 and tried to stun any1 (with Aayla) who was about to AOE hit hard. Plus tried to focus on one at a time to benefit from gaininh foresight under QGJ's zeta.... and benefitted from good RNG when I 3 starred it!
    A GK would be better than OB to borrow from an ally.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    The times I tried it with Jedis they were too squishy, and my jedi are actually stronger than the OP's team, although perhaps OB makes all the difference (don't have him). I have a zQGJ, but no OB, and I tried to borrow a GK, but even so, they just got stomped. Maybe RNGesus just hated me that attempt.

I moved past it (1 star) with Rebels, and 3*d 9C, so I can farm Baze. 9D my rebels can't do more than 1*.
  • I used rebels
    Wedge(L) Biggs STH Lando and Lumi borrowed an Ackbar
    All 7* 85 G11
  • fascizio wrote: »
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I've been dumping gear into my Rebels but just can't get past 9a. I guess I'll farm some Jedi, who are in pretty rough shape for me.

What Rebels in particular are you using? Depending on the comp I have a Zeta Jyn that may help...

G10 Wedge
    G10 Biggs
    G10 Lando
    G9 Cassian (Pretty useless, maybe my weak point)
    G9 STHan

I have tried borrowing Old Ben, and have gotten close but still no cigar.
    Maybe I just need to keep gearing, but I main DS and hate using resources on LS.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Hello again. Well after roughly 20 failed attempts at 3 starring light side 9B, I beat it this morning and got 3 stars. :) I just want to share with you's the team I used, all 7* and not great mods.

Old Ben , gear 9, lvl 80
    Yoda , gear 9 , lvl 82
    Ashoka , gear 8 , lvl 80

I know how frustrating that node can be so if my info helps just one person then it's been worthwhile to post this.

Good luck.

My Jedi: Yoda, Mace, IGD (L), JC and Ahsoka are all 7*s, gear 10, level 85 and I can't even kill a single enemy in stage 3 of 9-B even with a borrowed zeta'd Jinn or GK as my second leader. So the only reason why I can believe you beat it, since your toons aren't geared or leveled like mine, is because you're using both... and perhaps had a little bit of luck.

I'm curious as to who you killed first: Embo, Boba or the 3 generic toons?
    fascizio wrote: »

G10 Wedge
    G10 Biggs
    G10 Lando
    G9 STHan

Maybe I just need to keep gearing, but I main DS and hate using resources on LS.

If you have lumi switch her in for cassian so you have a big heal in round 3. Try borrowing a maxed ackbar to give you a big speed boost as well and put all your fastest mods on these characters. The enemies are very fast so if you don't put mods with speed on you'll be dead before you get to go.

G10 Wedge
    G10 Biggs
    G10 Lando
    G9 STHan

Well, the Zeta portion won't do a lot for you without Chirrut, but the regular part of her lead will have your Cassian dropping exposes, assuming of course he survives the AoE's to use his special. Plus Jyn's AoE has a revive, so it might give you a shot at the 3*.

715-846-913 is my ally code if you wanna give it a shot.

G10 Wedge
    G10 Biggs
    G10 Lando
    G9 STHan

If you have lumi switch her in for cassian so you have a big heal in round 3. Try borrowing a maxed ackbar to give you a big speed boost as well and put all your fastest mods on these characters. The enemies are very fast so if you don't put mods with speed on you'll be dead before you get to go.

Will give it a go after I get Lumi up, she's just g8. Thanks.
  • CK_3030 wrote: »

Old Ben , gear 9, lvl 80
    Yoda , gear 9 , lvl 82
    Ashoka , gear 8 , lvl 80

Good luck.

My Jedi: Yoda, Mace, IGD (L), JC and Ahsoka are all 7*s, gear 10, level 85 and I can't even kill a single enemy in stage 3 of 9-B even with a borrowed zeta'd Jinn or GK as my second leader. So the only reason why I can believe you beat it, since your toons aren't geared or leveled like mine, is because you're using both... and perhaps had a little bit of luck.

I killed bobba first. If he gets off the ability blocks it's pretty much over and once he kills a character it's nearly impossible.
  • CK_3030 wrote: »

Old Ben , gear 9, lvl 80
    Yoda , gear 9 , lvl 82
    Ashoka , gear 8 , lvl 80

Good luck.

I'm sure I had luck on my side too. I killed 3 of the heavy hitters(generic toons) then I massacred Embo then Boba last.
  • how come so many people misspell Ahsoka as Ashoka?
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    how come so many people misspell Ahsoka as Ashoka?

Oops sorry, my mistake.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    I'm fixing to give this a go myself, but not quite ready yet. I'll need General Kenobi when I'm ready, as I'm nowhere near farming him yet.

But I have:

zQGJ level 85, gear 11
    Ahsoka level 85, gear 10
    Anakin level 85, gear 9
    Yoda level 85, gear 9
    Bariss level 85, gear 8

Anakin will be gear 10 soonish, Yoda not so much.
  • Yogi wrote: »
    I used..

Borrowed JKA

They nerfed 9B?
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Jedi1337 wrote: »
    Yogi wrote: »
    I used..

Borrowed JKA

They nerfed 9B?

The AOE isn't spammed anymore, they got a cool down. They still all open up with that OP **** though.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Y'all think I'd be able to beat it with zQGJ, JKA, Ahsoka, Aayla, and Yoda (assuming I could borrow a GK)? or is that too squishy of a team? I don't have Old Ben or Barriss unlocked and dont want to take the time to farm them.
  • I'll share my winning team comp for all stage 9 LS nodes too for anybody without Jedis:

Wedge (Lead) G11
    Biggs G10
    Lando G11
    St.Han G11
    Akbar G9

+ Borrowed Rex G11

The clue was to abuse the turn meter (on crit) of Wedge's lead and turn meter manipulation by Rex.
    Rex' special for a boost on 3rd encounter and Akbar special to double Lando's mad special.

I used clones and a borrowed GK and cruised through the LS 9 battles. Plus, clones are great in the hAAT.
  • I cant beat this node since 2016
  • I used borrowed g.k,wiggs,lando,and fives.