Time to fix the sith vs. Jedi in this game.

2Next

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    CatsEyes wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    Sith have damage, Jedi have healing.
    Exept Luminara. Luminara has everything!

And nerfed barriss offee.
    If you think Jedi is so strong, go arena with your Jedi team and get the top. lol

Oh stop whining ive seen full jedi teams at #1 before I saw a fully maxed aayla, QGJ, Old Ben,Lumi, & Anakin. CURRENTLY though the only teams winning the arena are droid teams because of there synergy & The fact Poe is OP. How about trying to get #1 with a sith team. Its impossible currently once poe activates his taunt & poggle activates his buff you lose 2-3 guys on the first 3 turns.

I wanna see a current screenshot of a full Jedi team at rank 1....on a mature shard not some baby shard started two weeks ago where rank 1 is held by a level 63 player. And how does your Poe scenario end any differently for a full Jedi team?

Frankly, neither Sith or Jedi currently have a seat at the meta table as a whole.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    pay2win wrote: »
    Jedi>Sith
    It seems like the people always complaining about the Sith being better only have Jedi Consular, Jedi Guardian, Ahsoka, Luminara, and Barriss unlocked.

I am not so sure about that. You may possibly be right. However, I have QGJ and Lumi on my Arena squad as my only Jedi. I am the OP. Going against Dooku and Sid flat out sucks even if I am levels and stars ahead of my opponents. Sure, I have others on the team to do some of the heavy lifting against Sith but Lumi and QGJ being so powerful, I want them to be able to at least make a move in arena instead of being stunned and focused so easily. When they can attack, they get resisted 50% of the time. It is time to remove those mechanics from Sith. It is really that simple. It seems as though the only people that don't agree are the ones that rely on the cheese Sid and Dooku bring to the table against Jedi.

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    Jedi>Sith
    It seems like the people always complaining about the Sith being better only have Jedi Consular, Jedi Guardian, Ahsoka, Luminara, and Barriss unlocked.

I am not so sure about that. You may possibly be right. However, I have QGJ and Lumi on my Arena squad as my only Jedi. I am the OP. Going against Dooku and Sid flat out sucks even if I am levels and stars ahead of my opponents. Sure, I have others on the team to do some of the heavy lifting against Sith but Lumi and QGJ being so powerful, I want them to be able to at least make a move in arena instead of being stunned and focused so easily. When they can attack, they get resisted 50% of the time. It is time to remove those mechanics from Sith. It is really that simple. It seems as though the only people that don't agree are the ones that rely on the cheese Sid and Dooku bring to the table against Jedi.

You don't want a counter for your powerful Jedi? That's what this whole thread was for?
  • CatsEyes
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Most Jedi is hard to farm.
    But not to strong enough using arena.
    Except Data Card only characters because I don't use that characters.

So Jedi is quite expensive but not too good to use them.
    Especially vs. Sith, anti-Jedi characters.
  • A more balanced game? Are you serious? Have you even TRIED to use any other character such as snowtrooper hat are A HELL OF A LOT worse than jedi/sith characters. You have a warped idea of balanced my firend if you only want 2 tribes to be overpowered and everything else to suck. But anyway, maul uis not OP, I have him and i dont even always use him, he is tooo slow, he dies before he gets a chance to kill anyone most of the time if you ar eof equal level and he is ONLY effective vs jedi, vs others your better off with other charcters by far, and I have him sat at lvl 70 unused in arena most of the time fully geared. He is too slow and dies in 1 shot to any other damage dealer on the other team.
  • CatsEyes wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    Sith have damage, Jedi have healing.
    Exept Luminara. Luminara has everything!

And nerfed barriss offee.
    If you think Jedi is so strong, go arena with your Jedi team and get the top. lol

Curious always top3 with Jedi teams.
    Since 2 month now
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Jedi>Sith

You don't want a counter for your powerful Jedi? That's what this whole thread was for?

What I don't understand is that why are Jedi the ones in the game with the hard counters? You have some droid counters but the prevalent hard counters are all against the Jedi. They aren't THAT powerful. And as an ancillary note, the fact that toons like GS or FOTP have the power they do doesn't make sense to me. Maybe the answer is that we need some sith counters.
  • CatsEyes
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Curious always top3 with Jedi teams.
    Since 2 month now

What Jedi teams do you have seen?
    I've seen QGJ lumi, rarely windu ima-gun di Ashoka.
    Jedi>Sith

What I don't understand is that why are Jedi the ones in the game with the hard counters? You have some droid counters but the prevalent hard counters are all against the Jedi. They aren't THAT powerful. And as an ancillary note, the fact that toons like GS or FOTP have the power they do doesn't make sense to me. Maybe the answer is that we need some sith counters.

There are 14 Jedi characters. That's a full A, B, and almost C team. Its a whole lot easier to build a full Jedi team or two than any other race.

Why would you need a counter for Sith? QGJ or Luminara can one shot Sid, Dooku, and Maul. Vader isn't even available at 6* or 7*. No one uses Savage.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Jedi>Sith

There are 14 Jedi characters. That's a full A, B, and almost C team. Its a whole lot easier to build a full Jedi team or two than any other race.

Why would you need a counter for Sith? QGJ or Luminara can one shot Sid, Dooku, and Maul. Vader isn't even available at 6* or 7*. No one uses Savage.

One Shot Sid? with a 35% to land the attack MAYBE if they both crit. Maul, I agree.

Jedi>Sith

One Shot Sid? with a 35% to land the attack MAYBE if they both crit. Maul, I agree.

QGJ has a call to assist with 75% more damage. He also has the highest Dodge in the game at 90. Even considering Sids dodge % increase against Jedi, QGJ is better all around.
  • CatsEyes
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry everyone.
    I'm confused somethings.
    Forget my previous words.
    Post edited by CatsEyes on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Jedi>Sith

It is a 65% of landing it. Plus, you can add 1 non sJedi to your team too (like Rey). Droids do this all the time, with Poe. Most FO teams include someone non FO

Some Jedi fans want to play just Jedi. But the game is not Star Wars Galaxy of Jedi. You have to mix some units for maximum benefit. Or stick to one kind, and get less than max benefit. If you insiste to play 100% Jedi, you have to be aware of the consequences.
  • CatsEyes wrote: »
    QGJ has a call to assist with 75% more damage. He also has the highest Dodge in the game at 90. Even considering Sids dodge % increase against Jedi, QGJ is better all around.

If there's QGJ & lumi Duo, it's 25% chance.
    Except Sid's Jedi dodge.

I think that's like a gamble considering Sid's Jedi dramatic dodge rate.

QGJ has a base dodge of 90.
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/qui-gon-jinn/
    Sidious has a base dodge of 52.
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/darth-sidious/
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Except Sid's Jedi dodge.

All my dodge stats are currently displaying 0 in-game. Is this stat currently implemented? If so, which characters have the highest dodge rating?
  • pay2win wrote: »

Except Sid's Jedi dodge.

All my dodge stats are currently displaying 0 in-game. Is this stat currently implemented? If so, which characters have the highest dodge rating?

Devs said it was just a display error. QGJ seems to have the highest. A few other Jedi are not far behind.

Except Sid's Jedi dodge.

Devs said it was just a display error. QGJ seems to have the highest. A few other Jedi are not far behind.

Interesting. I'd like to know how this correlates to a percentage. Has any dev commented on this?

Except Sid's Jedi dodge.

Interesting. I'd like to know how this correlates to a percentage. Has any dev commented on this?

Not that I'm aware of. Not many people have really demanded it though.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    No ones knows what those stats mean. They're totally meaningless in a discussion until we do. Even if we did, that's just base and does not include the bonus dodge vs Jedi. Add additional dodge onto that through leadership from either Dooku or Luminara and good luck ever having a Jedi team kill Sid.

Seeing sid dodge 4+ Jedi attacks in a row is common. I've never seen QGJ dodge even two in a row.

That being said, do I think Sith in general are too powerful? No. Just the bonus dodge Sid gets is dumb. He is already a powerful and versatile toon, he didn't need a buff as it was. His leadership ability is one of the best in the game. He's got the most reliable heal block, he's fast, and has a decent AOE.
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    No ones knows what those stats mean. They're totally meaningless in a discussion until we do. Even if we did, that's just base and does not include the bonus dodge vs Jedi. Add additional dodge onto that through leadership from either Dooku or Luminara and good luck ever having a Jedi team kill Sid.

Seeing sid dodge 4+ Jedi attacks in a row is common. I've never seen QGJ dodge even two in a row.

That being said, do I think Sith in general are too powerful? No. Just the bonus dodge Sid gets is dumb. He is already a powerful and versatile toon, he didn't need a buff as it was. His leadership ability is one of the best in the game. He's got the most reliable heal block, he's fast, and has a decent AOE.

Exactly. Even with supposedly the highest dodge stat in the game, I never see QGJ dodging more frequently then any other toon.
  • Telaan wrote: »

You can pretend its not there but I won't.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member

Except Sid's Jedi dodge.

I rarely Ever see him dodge.
  • The highest dodge rating are:

13. Old Daka: 77
    12. Mace Windu: 78
    11. Talia: 81
    10. Plo Koon: 84
    9. Datcha: 87
    8. Eeth Koth: 87
    7. Poggle: 88
    6. Ackbar: 90
    5. Acolyte: 90
    4. Qui-Gon: 91
    3. Jawa: 92
    2. Veers: 92
    1. Ugnaught: 97 :D

Never seen any of these toons dodge abnormally.
  • The highest dodge rating are:

13. Old Daka: 77
    12. Mace Windu: 78
    11. Talia: 81
    10. Plo Koon: 84
    9. Datcha: 87
    8. Eeth Koth: 87
    7. Poggle: 88
    6. Ackbar: 90
    5. Acolyte: 90
    4. Qui-Gon: 91
    3. Jawa: 92
    2. Veers: 92
    1. Ugnaught: 97 :D

Never seen any of these toons dodge abnormally.

QGJ, Poggle, and Daka are the only three really used.
  • If you create a video game of any kind, and in that game is a character (or power or card or piece of equipment) that everyone must have, and that everyone does have, then you have failed in some way in your game design.

In an ideal (which is impossible to achieve) game you would see even distribution across 71/72 characters, not must-haves.

So whether you believe mathematically that someone like Darth Sidious is OP you can easily look around and see him on every team and filling up your allies lists.
    That's a fail, any dev will tell you that, however it happened.

The fact that he's so ubiquitous (for whatever reason) makes the game boring. Variety makes a good game.

Jedi fail to hit Sid 35% of the time, straight up without factoring in inherent miss/Dodge chances, so it's probably more like 40%.

This is the biggest problem I see with any of these anti-Jedi guys.