OP Count Dooku on arena

Prev1
Gloryhowl
3 posts Member
edited April 2017
I hope the developer might see this.. Nihilus leader buff is too overpowered. especially for the team of siths. although its still acceptable since a lot players uses him as lead. But for us who does not, its not good. One of my main concern in this is about count dooku. I think he really needs to be adjusted specifically on his 100% counter. His counter should not make him gain lifesteal since he can strike 5x times in a row. He can even defeat a full 5-mem team in arena and Its not fun anymore. Its too one sided and favors the siths ever since the released of nihilus.. FUD!
Post edited by phroxenphyre on

Replies

• So many counters. Use the search bar plz
  • Please nerf dooku
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Not again
  • There are many abilities that can stop Dooku from achieving immortality.

Healing Immunity or Shock can stop him from healing.

Daze can stop him from counterattacking.

Stun can stop him from doing anything.

Executes like Culling Blade, Annihilate, or Fett's Execution can deal such a large sum of damage that he dies in one hit.

You know what Dooku can do, and you have plenty of options to stop him from doing it. If you insist on fighting him without using any of the abilities that are best suited to kill him, then you're acting like a glutton for punishment and you only have yourself to blame IMO.
  • I have some sympathy here with the game and some of these characters now. If you don't have the proper builds or a developed roster there's just so many characters now that are almost impossible to kill. zSO, Dooku under DN, Chaze, GK / zBarriss - the heal mechanics on the top builds are impressive.

OP - you will need to stun or daze Dooku and then wear him down from there. DN is great - and if not him Boba can be very effective with his execute. Another option is heal blocking him with Kylo - Kylo is a nice counter to Dooku since he can both stun and heal block him and he's tanky enough to withstand some counter attacks.
  • Flashback to one year ago and the old Dodge meta. Lol.
  • He's squishy. Not OP at all
  • Nerf all of you who complain about Dooku. He is beatable. Search the forums.
  • I'd say dooku is the ultimate noobstomper but even any old noob can just run wiggs and call an assist on him
  • noob can just run wiggs and call an assist
    In Counter-Strike it was the AWP. In Unreal Tournament it was the Redeemer. Back in my day, we used to call it a "noob cannon."
  • Star Wars: Galaxy of OnlytheteamIwannaplaywaaaaah.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    I love how everyone says Daze, Shock, Healing Immunity, and Stun counter Dooku, when all you really need is everyone's hero Teebo. Dooku can't (counter) attack all of your stealthed Ewoks ;)
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    I love how everyone says Daze, Shock, Healing Immunity, and Stun counter Dooku, when all you really need is everyone's hero Teebo. Dooku can't (counter) attack all of your stealthed Ewoks ;)
    Nerf invisible Ewoks.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Nerf invisible Ewoks.

Can't seem to find them anywhere, must not need a nerf ;)
  • If you attack dooku with someone who double taps, it seems he likes to counter attack and bonus attack for 4 in a row total, and then he'll move next from TM gain, where he may attack twice again. You need to be careful when you hit him, and have to have a stun / shock / daze when you attack him. The good news is, he's not that great at higher levels of the game.
  • Count Dooku is simply strong not OP if you are incapable of beating him don't fight anyone who uses him. Problem solved
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Gloryhowl wrote: »
    I hope the developer might see this.. Nihilus leader buff is too overpowered.

the developers informed everyone of this combo after revealing Nihilus abilities back when Nihilus was not even available for players to obtain

they even recommended it
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I had a full droid team lose to Dookoo after everyone was dead because his Lifesteal was more than the damage I could dish out. If the whole game had been designed around strategy in such a manner then I could accept him, but as it stands, I can't accept 1 character destroying an entire well synergized team that has at least as good gear. What other character can do this on his very own after the rest of the team is dead?

I use a Empire team now with Vader lead so have no problem with Dooko, and for me now it just seems that whomever has the best speed mods and goes first inflicting debuffs before I do wins. That's not really strategy in my mind, designing a game around speed so much.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I think dooku's possibilities are great. First and foremost, he forces the player to make decisions. If that player should use an AOE, they will pay a price. This is good because we had the Lando, wedge and anakin AOE team in the meta for a long time. Talk about annoying. That team would get crushed against dooku now. Dooku also makes players hange up their line up. If they have to beat a dooku team, they might need to switch characters that are more single attack oriented. That or can stun, shock, or daze him.

Basically, if you can't beat dooku on a specific team, then you probably should find something else that can beat him.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Beep beep
  • They need to fix the bugs associated with DN lead life steal.

Example: IG-88 can apply healing immunity but Doodu just heals right through it.

I used to run a full Bounty Hunter squad and if it weren't for stacking TD's on him he would be pretty much unkillable.

I have Zavage on my Rex Lead team now so between him and Boba, Doodu gets flushed pretty easily.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Mzee wrote: »
    What other character can do this on his very own after the rest of the team is dead?
    Fives, Savage Opress, Kylo Ren...

Boba Fett if you get hit by a bad enough streak of RNG...
  • He is not OP. Take it from a guy who ran a fast Dooku under DN.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    They need to fix the bugs associated with DN lead life steal.

Example: IG-88 can apply healing immunity but Doodu just heals right through it.

I used to run a full Bounty Hunter squad and if it weren't for stacking TD's on him he would be pretty much unkillable.

I have Zavage on my Rex Lead team now so between him and Boba, Doodu gets flushed pretty easily.

That's got nothing to do with DN lifesteal. Ig-88's healing immunity is broken. It just doesn't work. Healing immunity/Shock from literally every other character in the game will work though. Just not ig-88's lol.
  • ah the good ol' nerf threads

had not heard a dooku one in a while

but let's recap a few of them from the past

- Barriss when game was launched
    - QGJ in first month
    - Poe after 1-2 months
    - Old Ben after 3 months
    - Dooku not much later (and now apparently?)
    - Wiggs 7-8 months ago
    - Chaze 3/4 months ago
    - Zaul right now
    - DN right now

and look they all beatable.... lol
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    ah the good ol' nerf threads

had not heard a dooku one in a while

but let's recap a few of them from the past

- Barriss when game was launched
    - QGJ in first month
    - Poe after 1-2 months
    - Old Ben after 3 months
    - Dooku not much later (and now apparently?)
    - Wiggs 7-8 months ago
    - Chaze 3/4 months ago
    - Zaul right now
    - DN right now

and look they all beatable.... lol

You forget the "nerf Rey threads". Those lasted for half a year xD
  • Stun, daze or health block. His tenacity seems to be quite low, he's never really a problem for me. Plus he doesn't have a great deal of health anyway so just don't hit him with low poer toons and concentrate your big hitters on him and it should be good. But anyway, I'd rather he, a Sith lord, be more powerful and have better skills and be less beatable than a generic toon barely in one film like Baze or Wedge
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    if dooku under nihilus is so op then why did i drop arena rank like a rock when i used the combo? as a madder of fact i found nihilus lead to all ways be trash but i figured a combo of dooku under nihilus lead combined with a zylo would make up for it. nope shock/daze all day on dooku making him useless and zylo is even worse as he gets wrecked by ability block. its just so easy to ignore dooku and zylo or you can just shut them down with shock/daze/ability block etc. you really want to know whos op? zavage. im using op loosly here though as everything has a counter but zavage from what i have seen is far better then zylo or a dooku under nihilus.
  • Mazurka wrote: »
    So many counters. Use the search bar plz

Not when you are lower than max level. Use your brain please
  • Cm3Po wrote: »
    I think dooku's possibilities are great. First and foremost, he forces the player to make decisions. If that player should use an AOE, they will pay a price. This is good because we had the Lando, wedge and anakin AOE team in the meta for a long time. Talk about annoying. That team would get crushed against dooku now. Dooku also makes players hange up their line up. If they have to beat a dooku team, they might need to switch characters that are more single attack oriented. That or can stun, shock, or daze him.

Basically, if you can't beat dooku on a specific team, then you probably should find something else that can beat him.

Being able to 1v5 a team should never happen..... making a decision to not aoe is one thing but not being able to be killed by 5 characters is bad design. I should be able to have 5 of ANY combination of chars and never be 1v5 'd especially when youre on the same gear level.