Need suggestions on which way to go for arena team

Here's my profile. https://swgoh.gg/u/djdio24/collection/

I've been running Jedi (cuz hey light sabers) but it's getting difficult to stay competitive in arena so I'm wondering if I should keep with the Jedi, run Sith, or maybe even rebels.

A few notes:
-my guild has hAAT on farm and I have 54/145 kenobi shards
-I will be unlocking EP next month at 6 stars, 7 stars if I'm lucky

Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies

• Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    What kind of competition are you facing in arena? That would be helpful to know.

A little more focus might help. Doesn't look like you have a toon higher than G8.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Doesn't look like you have a toon higher than G8.[/quote] most definitely agree also need some speed in your mods speed arrow and speed secondary for the others once that happens you should be in a better position. Just remember stars are great if your doing raid and aat but arena it means nothing high gear and speed is what will get you in top 50. But this is just all imo

• Yeah I spread myself way too thin. That's why I'm asking for help. I can potentially go

-Jedi and wait for Kenobi
    -Sith with DN and wait for EP
    -or standard rebels

Most of the competition runs standard DN led sith or Wiggs rebels. No zetas available yet on my shard.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    It seems like you like your Jedi maybe stick with them and focus on mods with speed and gear qgj zeta with yoda is very good
  • Yeah my mods are really sub par and not upgraded so maybe that's all I'm missing. Thanks for everyone's input so far. Keep the suggestions coming. Appreciate it.
  • Another question. Which would be a stronger team (no zetas):

-GK, QGJ, anakin, aayla, yoda/barriss
    Or
    -DN, EP, Vader, Dooku, Sid/Maul

These are the two teams I'm aiming for.
  • I've run a DN lead (DN, Dooku, SiTrooper, Maul, Boba), and it wasn't very effective against the same type teams you face. I would regularly drop 50 spots overnight.

My best team against rebels and DN leads is Boba (L), Phasma, ST Han, Kylo, and Maul/Nihilus.

If alot of the DN leads you are facing have Maul, avoid jedi until they are much stronger. Maul jist eats jedi alive (I love using him in my GW, because it is always Jedi heavy). You need a lot of speed against Rebels, and someone to ability block them before Wiggs can launch their deadly onslaught. A fast Boba can generally accomplish this. Also, healing immunity helps slow both Wedge and DN leads down, so Sidious or Kylo, or both, are advantageous here.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    So I will just give you an example I run DN (l) ep sid dooku and sit all 4 main toons over 200+ speed sid 245 all gear 10 I can not beat the zeta qgj with the zeta yoda in my shard. Imo you've just got to play who you like it can be frustrating i get it I bounce around 30-50 rank but that's who I like are sith/empire I just don't have zeta material to compete any lower then 30 got the speed but playing catch up on zeta. So what ever direction you go make sure it's something you like cause in the long run time and focus into toons that you just want to compete with but don't care for will come back to bite you Jedi will get their day in the meta again and you just might be there to take advantage of it.
  • With R2D2 coming soon, I'm guessing Luke may not be far behind. If he brings something great to the table and you are already on pace for GK, you could be ahead of the curve if you stuck with Jedi. zQGJ with GK can beat any team, but zMaul will easily beat you too.
  • Yeah I'm hoping for a Jedi rework in the future cuz some of them could really use one. Good point on Jedi Luke. I think we're all hoping he'll be a great toon.