Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Barrok wrote: »
    In addition to the Grand Master’s Training event which begins on February 11, today’s game update brings a number of new features to the game, including:

Sounds like update is today, event is thursday. Is that right @EA_Jesse ?

Nope, it will update and start event on Thursday.
  • 5 -7* Jedi team , I might be able to play that challenge next year sometime
  • Can I get some clarification? The blog post says.
    today’s game update brings a number of new features to the game, including:
    Does that mean the patch is today?
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Update is usually on thursday
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I bet that's just miswording. Seems odd that they'd update today and make the event start on Thursday, especially since every major update has been on a Thursday. Hope I am wrong. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    nVTkboE.jpg

A lot of shards, somebody collected ;)
  • Looking at the screen shot, there is a 45 currency number up there. I'm betting you get 15 shard shop currency for every 1 shard you trade. So 10 would give you 150. 20 would give you the 300 needed to buy two shards. So basically, the exchange rate is 10 extra shards for one new one.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    In addition to the Grand Master’s Training event which begins on February 11, today’s game update brings a number of new features to the game, including:

Sounds like update is today, event is thursday. Is that right @EA_Jesse ?

It says "today's update". I would say yes
  • DaKraken wrote: »
    This is crap! I wanted Jar Jar binks!! B)

Dark Jar Jar
  • Vodo wrote: »
    nVTkboE.jpg

Interesting. That Yoda has a different ability name to the one on the blog.
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I bet that's just miswording. Seems odd that they'd update today and make the event start on Thursday, especially since every major update has been on a Thursday. Hope I am wrong. :)

It's possible that they want to set a precedent of events cycling in and out on thursdays.
  • Ewakawaka wrote: »
    Looking at the screen shot, there is a 45 currency number up there. I'm betting you get 15 shard shop currency for every 1 shard you trade. So 10 would give you 150. 20 would give you the 300 needed to buy two shards. So basically, the exchange rate is 10 extra shards for one new one.

Remember that is tester data, so they can always assign random currency amounts to themselves. Also, there very well could be 5-10 shard shop currency's tied in with a daily or achievement, just like with premium currency.
  • What a time to be alive!
  • **** you guys read the devs post vary closly. i think you guys are right. He did say update is today and the event opens on thursday! lets hope that is not a typo :wink:
  • I think it'll be a 5:1 ratio for the shard shop.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    "In addition to the Grand Master’s Training event which begins on February 11, today’s game update brings a number of new features to the game, including:"

They made a point to let players know that the Yoda event is on February 11. I think this was intended to isolate the Yoda event from "today's update" instead of it being "today's update of what's to come".

AKA patch today.
  • Wicked! !
  • Thank you for the update !
  • Manual update is later today (where you can go to the GP or App Store), forced update tomorrow, event on Thursday.

NOTE: There are a few things that were in the update notes that won't actually be in effect until tomorrow.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It could also be referring to today's update as the update they are talking about today. It's a very easy typo that we all might be reading into too deeply.

Edit. Nope I'm wrong. See the post above mine (which makes me look really dumb)
  • I think you trade shards for some sort of credits and then use them to buy more shards. So I don't think the blue tokens actually represent shards only this new currency.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Ha.
    Of all the times to be early with the update. I was counting on these few days to finish gearing up my poe before people could see my arena team. And getting his 4th star. Bummer
  • Vodo wrote: »
    nVTkboE.jpg

In the photo, it looks like he has 5 abilities. Probably 3 strikes, 1 passive, and 1 leader ability. Only Asaj has that right now.
  • GET HYPE
  • Anyone notice the description to the left of Yoda's picture saying my he " uses enemies skills against them", sounds interesting.
  • Aluxendr wrote: »
    GET HYPE

did you just take that pic? lol
  • They have his move set up on reddit and maybe somewhere on these forums. his first move steals a buff from an enemy. and his 3rd move gives all allies his buffs for 2 turns. so yes, he does use ememy buffs against them !!
  • Welcome to the meta Yoda...!
  • Hell yeah!
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @EA_Jesse

I wanted to ask a question about the shards as 300 is really high. I figured that it must be atleast 1 shard gives ten credits but even still 30 shards for 2 new shards is very steep.

Now i am a heavy spender and i was upset that the packs i paid real money for kept giving me characters i maxed out as it was. But this update is not giving me high hopes to continue to buy because of the steep price.

I hope you guys are considering removing characters we get to seven stars out of packs as i want to keep spending money.
  • Thank you @EA_Jesse .

Question:

Can we get confirmation on whether there is going to be a pack released within the next few days (we don't need ANY details on what is included in the pack). The reason I ask is because now that the Yoda hype is built up, people may be more inclined to make certain purchases. If they knew a pack was being released on Thursday as opposed to today, that might define their purchasing habits.
This discussion has been closed.