R2-D2 ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• I just hoping the R2D2 event isn't classed as extremely rare.

I think the character looks fun to play and will expand resistance options. All good.
  • Juicyswoos83
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »
    Why does R2D2 have the resistance tag?
    Unless R2 does something in TLJ, they should take it away.
    All he did was wake up and give people plans.

#TagProperly

He was in force awakens too, he is everywhere. He was key to the map to find old pervy luke.

Breath....ooooohhh breath...now, touch it. Glad I wasn't the only one that thought luke sounded like a dirty old man. much like old Ben inviting young dudes he just met to take a road trip.
  • A rebel that helps zaul? Now that's ironic. Over powered butttt love for rebels continues, but now the buttt love can be used against the buttt love.

Resistance!
  • Hope R2 has synergy with Leia and Luke (no CP3O as yet unless he gets the wardroid mod like in the comics circa 1977)
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Only the 27th rebel toon btw... :/:/

Who cares? Its R2D2! And hes got a lot of other tags too

Cant wait :D

Totally agree - this is a rebel that you want to have. Don't blame R2!
  • There is a good chance like most people say that it will be an Empire-required, Yoda/Palp-style event. However. don't forget that Yoda's event didn't require the "opposites" to unlock him but actually required Jedi. So there is a chance since they are introducing the "Galactic Republic" tag that THIS is the tag that will be required in order to unlock him. So I'm thinking Clones (which I don't have a lot of :neutral: ) and perhaps Jedi again depending on if they are going to count under that tag or not.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Fortea wrote: »
    There is a good chance like most people say that it will be an Empire-required, Yoda/Palp-style event. However. don't forget that Yoda's event didn't require the "opposites" to unlock him but actually required Jedi. So there is a chance since they are introducing the "Galactic Republic" tag that THIS is the tag that will be required in order to unlock him. So I'm thinking Clones (which I don't have a lot of :neutral: ) and perhaps Jedi again depending on if they are going to count under that tag or not.

Given we have a Jedi event with the Yoda one I can't see it being another Jedi event. That would be too easy for the majority.
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    Man he has a lot of tags. Would that mean synergy with all of them in some kind of way?

This is funny. All those tags, but I don't see attacker, tank, or support tag.
  • xpxnx wrote: »
    Man he has a lot of tags. Would that mean synergy with all of them in some kind of way?

This is funny. All those tags, but I don't see attacker, tank, or support tag.

Literally says support tag
  • Has long as we don't get Battle Driod 3PO next lol!!
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    It's an old datamine, but if it checks out, Zaul got a boost.

Description: Versatile Support Droid that protects allies by improving both their buffs and debuffs
    Basic: Electroshock Prod
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 60% chance to Stun for 1 turn.
    Special 1: Smoke Screen
    All allies gain Evasion Up for 2 turns, with a 55% chance to also gain Foresight. R2-D2 gains 35% Turn Meter.
    Special 2: Improvise
    Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Damage Over Time for 4 turns. This attack can’t be Evaded.
    Unique 1: Combat Analysis
    All enemies have -20% Tenacity and lose 10% Turn Meter the first time they suffer a negative status effect each turn.
    Unique 2: Number Crunch
    The first time an ally gains a positive status effect each turn, they also gain 15% Turn Meter.

If this is legit then ayyy, buddy is going into my zQGJ squad asap.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Keldo wrote: »
    There is a good chance like most people say that it will be an Empire-required, Yoda/Palp-style event. However. don't forget that Yoda's event didn't require the "opposites" to unlock him but actually required Jedi. So there is a chance since they are introducing the "Galactic Republic" tag that THIS is the tag that will be required in order to unlock him. So I'm thinking Clones (which I don't have a lot of :neutral: ) and perhaps Jedi again depending on if they are going to count under that tag or not.

Given we have a Jedi event with the Yoda one I can't see it being another Jedi event. That would be too easy for the majority.

I bet for Empire, but actually Clones make sense, also because not everybody has a full clone 7*, and it will force people to get them and invest.
  • I can see it taking jawas to unlock him
  • I assure you it will require empire to unlock him. Conveniently placing the empire faction pass a week before with multiple packs in the store is no accident..
  • EA: "This month will be dedicated to the Empire!"
    EA: ...
    EA: "Look, here is another Rebel!"

LOL ****....
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    One more Rebel! Thank you so much, we really need more!

Stop. It's freaking R2D2. I don't care what tag he has. He's an iconic character in every movie and virtually everywhere in the Star Wars universe. This IS the droid we're looking for.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Utz_Panem wrote: »
    I can see it taking jawas to unlock him
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    I assure you it will require empire to unlock him. Conveniently placing the empire faction pass a week before with multiple packs in the store is no accident..
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Keldo wrote: »

I bet for Empire, but actually Clones make sense, also because not everybody has a full clone 7*, and it will force people to get them and invest.

Clones, empire or Jawa and I'm sorted. Just need 5 RG shards for a full empire team at 7 star.
  • Great news been waiting on this Good job
  • Great to bring in r2 indeed! Can't wait for more info!
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    please do not move to megathread
    Old data mine here:
    Description: Versatile Support Droid that protects allies by improving both their buffs and debuffs
    Basic: Electroshock Prod
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 60% chance to Stun for 1 turn.
    Special 1: Smoke Screen
    All allies gain Evasion Up for 2 turns, with a 55% chance to also gain Foresight. R2-D2 gains 35% Turn Meter.
    Special 2: Improvise
    Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Damage Over Time for 4 turns. This attack can’t be Evaded.
    Unique 1: Combat Analysis
    All enemies have -20% Tenacity and lose 10% Turn Meter the first time they suffer a negative status effect each turn.
    Unique 2: Number Crunch
    The first time an ally gains a positive status effect each turn, they also gain 15% Turn Meter.

Thoughts? Looks like he could boost a lot of teams.

That's already wrong, though. The screenshot gives a different blurb, including that he inflicts "burning". So his kit has clearly been changed sincethat datamine.
  • tmntguy86 wrote: »
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse there is this Iconic character from Star Wars named Luke Skywalker and he is a Jedi knight. Maybe you haven't heard of him...... r2 is great and all but what gives really? Spam countless toons we really don't want and keep the one thing that can make $$$$$$$$$ away. Sigh....... it's kinda sad the princess was right Obi wan you are the only hope.

They did announce that 2 new fan favorite toons were being added in the next 2 months. This is one of them. Jedi Luke could still be the second one

I bet they go dark side next. My guess is Jango.

That could be. But Luke is in the new trailer for the game when he wasn't there before. And he's still on the picture at the loading screen. Why have Luke in the trailer if you aren't going to add him?

Why would you have luke on the loading screen if you aren't going to add him? They're obviously going to add him to the game, it's just a matter of when. As a f2p player, I doubt I'll have access to him for at least a few months after he's introduced. Worst case scenario, he could be the reward for a new raid, which will put him far out of reach for me, as my guild is still taking 3-4 days to get through the normal AAT raid.
  • My guess: Yoda-style event, but with ships. Then the forums implode.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Hyped for R2 debut but hope he doesn't help the maul meta too much or I'll be ****, says he grants allies stealth
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    EA: "This month will be dedicated to the Empire!"
    EA: ...
    EA: "Look, here is another Rebel!"

LOL ****....

Spit out my coffee awsome
  • If I had to bet, I'd bet in a yoda like event requiring Clones, or a ship event with Republic ships.
  • He is OP, nerf R2D2 right now!
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    SJ, you're right, this is so going to be a Ship event.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Ugh, I hope it's not ships. Let alone Republican only ships. Yes, they're the only faction with 5 of them. But they are by far my least developed ships (I only have Ahsoka and JC at a working level).
  • It definitely a ship required event
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Ugh, I hope it's not ships. Let alone Republican only ships. Yes, they're the only faction with 5 of them. But they are by far my least developed ships (I only have Ahsoka and JC at a working level).

I need to work on Clone Sarge's ship. It's only 3 star at the moment. That or Plo Koon's ship which is barely unlocked.

Hmm...
This discussion has been closed.