R2-D2 ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Mon_Eduardi
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm bracing for R2-Gate! Where people incessantly whine at not being able to unlock or 7* him.

If they do 3-PO they need to do him with a red arm that has some special ability. Or, maybe his main attack is talking people to death.

Luke, not like he's arguably the most central figure throughout ALL of the movies or something.
    Unless you're an Empire fan and think that's Vader.

Like my Avatar says "It's a Trap!"
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Grants allies stealth ... Nute Guray become new meta??? :D
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    OMG OMG OMG ANOTHER REBEL I CANT WAIT, SO EXCITED
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    That is why I am hoping the rumor is true and you need empire to unlock him.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Would you prefer one version with all the tags (from Republic to Resistance) or several different versions that look exactly the same? R2 is not "just another rebel", he is an iconic character who also happens to be a rebel.
  • I'm gonna be so sad if it's a ship event :/ hahahaha
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    My guess? You need Jawas. Strong Jawas. They are the only ones who ever captured R2. Unless something happened in some animated thing that I don't watch.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    One more Rebel! Thank you so much, we really need more!

Stop. It's freaking R2D2. I don't care what tag he has. He's an iconic character in every movie and virtually everywhere in the Star Wars universe. This IS the droid we're looking for.

I can't wait for Jedi Luke to be released and read these types of complaints all over again
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    wow, just wow.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    evanbio wrote: »
    My guess? You need Jawas. Strong Jawas. They are the only ones who ever captured R2. Unless something happened in some animated thing that I don't watch.

Then wouldn't you be taking him back from the jawas?
  • I'm wondering if OP has ever watched Star Wars.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    he's also a bunch of other things. And his uniques (datamined probably changed) seem to be universal, which is nice.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Gebuttersnaps
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Did you forget about his other tags? Also he's freaking R2 who cares what tags he has.

• Wait, you mean an actual character from the films? One of the main characters who has appeared in every single Star Wars motion picture? I guess OP wants more random characters who have only appeared in cartoons.
  • My guess is his skills will be bugged.
  • What exactly does "Galactic Republic" represent? Who else could be a part of this?
  • CiavRen wrote: »
    What exactly does "Galactic Republic" represent? Who else could be a part of this?
    I'll give you a hint, it's not the sith empire, the separatist, the new republic, the First Order or the Empire. My money's on the Galactic Republic from SW Ep 1-3, but that's just a shot in the dark.
  • KeatonRen12
    79 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    CiavRen wrote: »
    What exactly does "Galactic Republic" represent? Who else could be a part of this?
    I'll give you a hint, it's not the sith empire, the separatist, the new republic, the First Order or the Empire. My money's on the Galactic Republic from SW Ep 1-3, but that's just a shot in the dark.

Clearly. But for example, Mace Windu's tag for his ship is simply Republic. No Galactic. So are they changing it and adding more Republic era toons maybe? Maybe they'll do a Phoenix squad style month long event thing. Releasing a bunch of Republic toons.
  • yea that's what i thought Episodes 1-3 before the Empire. Why did they have to add "Galactic"? Isn't there a new Republic after episode 6?
  • CiavRen wrote: »

Clearly. But for example, Mace Windu's tag for his ship is simply Republic. No Galactic. So are they changing it and adding more Republic era toons maybe? Maybe they'll do a Phoenix squad style month long event thing. Releasing a bunch of Republic toons.

Republic tag is ship specific. Galactic Republic tag will probably be reserved for toons only.
  • *hyperventilating*
  • I understand those who want to see Luke added but these same players shouldn't belittle the significance of R2D2 for the Star Wars story. Without R2 the heroes in the original trilogy would have died many times over.

In fact it could be argued that R2D2 is one of the most important characters contributing to the success of the main heroes in the story. I certainly hope they do justice to the in-game usefulness of this truly iconic character. Mark me down as cautiously excited!
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    please do not move to megathread

Lol @Ig88isboss

• Only the 27th rebel toon btw... :/:/

Dont worry, when luke comes itll be 28th.
  • Yeah, don't get my previous reply wrong, I'm excited for R2, (D) too (muhaha), but the number of Rebels is just overwhelming. Especially after being promised a bit love for the Empire.
    Just my opinion, carry on an chill!
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Sorry for the offtopic, but will there be a Darth Revan in the game? Nihilius hints...
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    One more Rebel! Thank you so much, we really need more!

Stop. It's freaking R2D2. I don't care what tag he has. He's an iconic character in every movie and virtually everywhere in the Star Wars universe. This IS the droid we're looking for.

+1
  • bpipe
    19 posts Member
    Probably will farm him after "Coruscant Underworld Police"....

R2D2 is a joke compared to Dart Nihilus. I'm starting to feel that I don't like the idea of characters balance in this game. When I imagine how would a "real" fight between Nihilus (who can drain force from entire planet) and R2D2 (bucket on wheels) would look like, I understand that this game is ****.
  • My name says it all!
  • bpipe wrote: »
    Probably will farm him after "Coruscant Underworld Police"....

R2D2 is a joke compared to Dart Nihilus. I'm starting to feel that I don't like the idea of characters balance in this game. When I imagine how would a "real" fight between Nihilus (who can drain force from entire planet) and R2D2 (bucket on wheels) would look like, I understand that this game is ****.

If this was a Star Wars simulator then you would have a point, but it's not.
This discussion has been closed.