Veers Rework is Imminent!

Prev1
Jesse just posted on twitter that we should expect Veers news soon (which many people predicted based on the recent developer notes). Seems likely that he gets reworked and is the May log-in character.

Replies

• Great another hard node only farm.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I'm ready!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

I would be willing to bet he is added to a Cantina node on the same day this rework occurs.

I would be willing to bet he is added to a Cantina node on the same day this rework occurs.

Usually on reworks or such, they are the daily login for that month.
  • I'd be stoked if he was Toon of the Month - I need ~35 shards to 7* him... I could just sit back and be done with it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Hah, my first g11, one of my first 7 star toons, an all-time member of my arena squad, and one of my favourite characters of the Star Wars Universe.
    I've so been waiting for this.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Hah, my first g11, one of my first 7 star toons, an all-time member of my arena squad, and one of my favourite characters of the Star Wars Universe.

So......hows that arena team working out?
  • TBH -- I just really hope Tarkin gets some love if they do a pass. It killed me to star, give him gear, and levels so I could do the Zeta challenge.... It'd be nice if I could use him for something.

I don't have ANY of the troopers levels, starred, or geared though, thinking I'm probably going to miss out a little there.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • This thread has just been awarded the:

general-veers-star-wars-empire-strikes-back-32624422-320-240.jpg

• TBH -- I just really hope Tarkin gets some love if they do a pass. It killed me to star, give him gear, and levels so I could do the Zeta challenge.... It'd be nice if I could use him for something.

I don't have ANY of the troopers levels, starred, or geared though, thinking I'm probably going to miss out a little there.

You'll probably hate to hear it, but I got three stars on the zeta challenge with a lvl 56, g6 Tarkin.
  • Maybe we will get land tanks like atat or whatever they were called.

So......hows that arena team working out?

I'm sitting between 150 - 100. Sometimes get hit back to 200, but find my way back. My team is EP lead (he is only 5 stars yet, g10), Vader (6 stars, g10), RG, Veers an TFP - these three are 7 star, g11.
  • Really cool for the peeps who love Veers and wanted a rework of for the longest. Hoping for a good kit to compliment empire.
  • Nothermike wrote: »
    TBH -- I just really hope Tarkin gets some love if they do a pass. It killed me to star, give him gear, and levels so I could do the Zeta challenge.... It'd be nice if I could use him for something.

You'll probably hate to hear it, but I got three stars on the zeta challenge with a lvl 56, g6 Tarkin.

Unless Tarkin spits out Crystals from his CGI face straight in to my account every time I use him, along with sound of the Death Star powering up, you can't sit there and say he doesn't need a rework.

He is no REAL arena team. Has no use in any part of the raids. Is so inferior under EP or zVader has to be laughable. He's slow has dirt, his AoE hits like a guppy, his basic has a little boom, but no versitiliy like other arena or raid potential toons.

His Special... offense down???? C'mon. At least when Plo does it he can slap them a little.

His lead pales compared to Lando -- maybe before Mods you take a look at him, but now, he's lame.

And he has no unique. Uniques often give power and versatility to a toon even when it's not their turn. He has nothing.

Plus with more content from R1 there is more to work with - which is why he probably will get some love no matter what anyone thinks.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Oh, I wasn't saying he's great as-is, though some Empire-centric players in my guild say he's decent when maxed. It was more that there wasn't much leveling or gearing required to get through the zeta challenge.
  • Nothermike wrote: »
    TBH -- I just really hope Tarkin gets some love if they do a pass. It killed me to star, give him gear, and levels so I could do the Zeta challenge.... It'd be nice if I could use him for something.

Same here but think mine is G7.
  • Tarkin's special goes really well with EP lead. Gives him 100% TM immediately, and his basic can shoot ~12k crit. Yeah, he totally deserves a rework as well, but he has potential, too.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I'd be happy if he was he next daily log in. 30 less shards I need to farm for him from hard nodes.
  • So.

Gauntlet ship event
    Some form of R2 release
    And a Veers likely empire rework.

I expect R2 event will require Empire toons to unlock him
  • So.

Gauntlet ship event
    Some form of R2 release
    And a Veers likely empire rework.

I expect R2 event will require Empire toons to unlock him

Yeah, it surely seems so. Although, I would have been happier if by "Empire is going on an offensive" the devs meant some more drastic changes to the Empire, not two toons that are definitely not that important - they could have included Thrawn, whose new (now canon) book has just been released last week, one single rework (about which I am truly happy though), and an event... After the rebel faction getting so much love after Rogue one and now the whole Phoenix Squadron, this is not what I expected.

You sir, are a pioneer.
    Empire Relic

You sir, are a pioneer.

Haha :smiley: I'm truly curious how many others have him maxed. Unfortunately I cannot check that on SWGOH.gg
  • I don't know why or how... but I have veers 7*'d already
  • I know @Aero has a pretty much maxed out Veers.
  • I know @Aero has a pretty much maxed out Veers.

I have just came across him in another thread :smiley: Coincidences...
  • Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    Hah, my first g11, one of my first 7 star toons, an all-time member of my arena squad, and one of my favourite characters of the Star Wars Universe.

This guy finally gets to live his dream. Congrats bud
  • Skuddy wrote: »
    Hah, my first g11, one of my first 7 star toons, an all-time member of my arena squad, and one of my favourite characters of the Star Wars Universe.

This guy finally gets to live his dream. Congrats bud

Exactly how I feel right now, thanks man!!! :smiley:
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I know @Aero has a pretty much maxed out Veers.

I have just came across him in another thread :smiley: Coincidences...

HiYyCbu.jpg

By the way @Paarthysnax
    You need to get your **** over to the Galactic Empire Players Discussion. B)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41302/the-galactic-empire-players-discussion
  • Hey thumbs up to the people who had him maxed out despite his lack of use!

And kudos to the guy who made this lol

giphy.gif