Is Guild hopping for reward consider Cheating?

If someone hope from guild to guild for gear reward is that cheating?

Replies

• Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    You can't do that anymore. You can't participate in a raid with a guild you did not belong to when the raid started.

Therefore you can't get rewards unless you were a member before the raid started
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    How does the saying go? If you have to ask....
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    You can't do that anymore. You can't participate in a raid with a guild you did not belong to when the raid started.

Therefore you can't get rewards unless you were a member before the raid started

Then explain to me why there on person on my shard that get guild token 3x faster then everyone else. Now mind you I am in a haat guild that get 30k tickets daily.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    tf is a guild token?

The game prevents someone from hopping. You can't start a raid unless you were in the guild when it was started - which makes "hopping" a pointless venture for the most part.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ouchie wrote: »

Then explain to me why there on person on my shard that get guild token 3x faster then everyone else. Now mind you I am in a haat guild that get 30k tickets daily.

Is it really 3x faster?

Maybe he is always #1 for guild activities.

There are I believe 3 checks not to prevent guild hoping from making any difference.
    1- you have to be in the guild before the start of the raid
    2- you have a weekly limit on the amount of raid rewards you can receive
    3- I believe there is a wait period on when you can receive rewards based on when you joined the guild. And possibly still a wait period to join a guild if you switch more then once in a 24 hour period. (So maybe 4 checks)

• What if that person is in guild 1, starts raid, does damage and then goes to guild 2, they start raid and he does damage, and so on and so forth? He could probably do this if he stays in contact with the guild leaders. Although that would get complicated pretty quickly the more guilds that person hops to.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What if that person is in guild 1, starts raid, does damage and then goes to guild 2, they start raid and he does damage, and so on and so forth? He could probably do this if he stays in contact with the guild leaders. Although that would get complicated pretty quickly the more guilds that person hops to.

You have to be in the guild to get your rewards(1 hour wait after completion), not just do damage and leave.
  • You can still guild hop. You just rotate guilds with alts between two guilds and that way you can do 3 HAAT's each week instead of only being able to do 3 HAAT's once every 3 weeks. Stormy (I think) had a post on how to do it after the last change to guild mechanics.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Is it really 3x faster?

There are I believe 3 checks not to prevent guild hoping from making any difference.
    3- I believe there is a wait period on when you can receive rewards based on when you joined the guild. And possibly still a wait period to join a guild if you switch more then once in a 24 hour period. (So maybe 4 checks)

Yeah I Check he getting guild currency about 3x vs me and pretty much the top 5 in our shard. I been tracking it for 1 week now. How can he get guild currency so fast?
    What if that person is in guild 1, starts raid, does damage and then goes to guild 2, they start raid and he does damage, and so on and so forth? He could probably do this if he stays in contact with the guild leaders. Although that would get complicated pretty quickly the more guilds that person hops to.

You have to be in the guild to get your rewards(1 hour wait after completion), not just do damage and leave.

Oh. Well I don't really know about the precise mechanics of the guilds, I've only been in one guild myself and its pretty much noob friendly with at least 30+ members under level 70. Myself and 4 others are the only ones who do damage in the raids. We might be the only ones able to even participate lol.

Is it really 3x faster?

Yeah I Check he getting guild currency about 3x vs me and pretty much the top 5 in our shard. I been tracking it for 1 week now. How can he get guild currency so fast?

Have you checked to see if he leaves and comes back very often?

Oh. Well I don't really know about the precise mechanics of the guilds, I've only been in one guild myself and its pretty much noob friendly with at least 30+ members under level 70. Myself and 4 others are the only ones who do damage in the raids. We might be the only ones able to even participate lol.

If that's the case, it's completely believable that he's just in a guild that does heroic rancor and tanks more often than you do your raids. Unless he has lots of different guild names that he goes through, the issue is probably that you aren't accumulating tokens as efficiently as possible.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Is it really 3x faster?

is he also doing 3 times as many raids?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    He may be scoring higher in the raids than you and higher in dailies.
  • Guild hopping is easy, you need a sister guild and timing.
    Still no problem.
  • Hard to say since both guild he join has the same name but the guild emblem has same symbol but differenet color. It either red or blue. Could it mean he join 2 different guild. I believe you can have same guild name right?
  • It used to be acceptable and some guilds were unlocking Kenobi way to soon (someone claims they unlocked Kenobi in 3 weeks and everykne defended them lol) and once the devs saw this, they started to do things like capping the amount of rewards and now it's no participation to prevent people from helping non-ready guilds to beat it for them
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Do you place #1 in your guild in activities and raids every time? And does your guild finish tier vii every day? Raids aren't the only way to get currency.
  • Liath wrote: »
    How do you know how much guild currency he is earning?

I keep track of his guild currency earnings for 1 week.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Yes, and he's probably using Android as well... Cheater!!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    How do you know how much guild currency he is earning?

I keep track of his guild currency earnings for 1 week.

How much was it?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    deleted