R2-D2 ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    CiavRen wrote: »
    What exactly does "Galactic Republic" represent? Who else could be a part of this?
    I'll give you a hint, it's not the sith empire, the separatist, the new republic, the First Order or the Empire. My money's on the Galactic Republic from SW Ep 1-3, but that's just a shot in the dark.

Clearly. But for example, Mace Windu's tag for his ship is simply Republic. No Galactic. So are they changing it and adding more Republic era toons maybe? Maybe they'll do a Phoenix squad style month long event thing. Releasing a bunch of Republic toons.

Republic tag is ship specific. Galactic Republic tag will probably be reserved for toons only.

If you look in the game at the moment, and sort the characters by the 'republic' tag, NOBODY comes up in the character roster. I think Mace used to come up under that tag, like his ship still does?

So ships still sort by that tag, but that's it - my guess is there's about to be a rather large reorganization of characters about to drop with our favorite astromech...
  • I'm bracing for R2-Gate! Where people incessantly whine at not being able to unlock or 7* him.

If they do 3-PO they need to do him with a red arm that has some special ability. Or, maybe his main attack is talking people to death.

Luke, not like he's arguably the most central figure throughout ALL of the movies or something.
    Unless you're an Empire fan and think that's Vader.

Like my Avatar says "It's a Trap!"

Not an empire fan, but you've got to explain how your central figure has a combined five minutes of screen time in four of the seven movies.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    CiavRen wrote: »
    What exactly does "Galactic Republic" represent? Who else could be a part of this?
    I'll give you a hint, it's not the sith empire, the separatist, the new republic, the First Order or the Empire. My money's on the Galactic Republic from SW Ep 1-3, but that's just a shot in the dark.

Clearly. But for example, Mace Windu's tag for his ship is simply Republic. No Galactic. So are they changing it and adding more Republic era toons maybe? Maybe they'll do a Phoenix squad style month long event thing. Releasing a bunch of Republic toons.

Republic tag is ship specific. Galactic Republic tag will probably be reserved for toons only.

If you look in the game at the moment, and sort the characters by the 'republic' tag, NOBODY comes up in the character roster. Ships still sort by that tag, but that's it - so it would seem there's about to be a rather large reorganization of characters that's about to drop...

They have every tag in the game under one filter setter for both toons and ships. Separatist ships and toons both have the separatist tag so one would think since they already have a republic tag in the game, but only ships have it, that the Galactic Republic tag will go to toons only.
  • Galactic republic... that's a broad tag
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017

bpipe wrote: »
    Probably will farm him after "Coruscant Underworld Police"....

R2D2 is a joke compared to Dart Nihilus. I'm starting to feel that I don't like the idea of characters balance in this game. When I imagine how would a "real" fight between Nihilus (who can drain force from entire planet) and R2D2 (bucket on wheels) would look like, I understand that this game is ****.

If this was a Star Wars simulator then you would have a point, but it's not.

This is 100% correct.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Valadas wrote: »
    If they are adding the Republic tag to the game, I wonder if they will add that tag to the Jedi toons.

Jedi and Clone ships r already Republic tagged.
  • If you haven't noticed, when viewing each ship, there is a square on the bottom right that says "Hardware abilities coming soon" The Galactic Republic tag could be for a ship hardware ability.
  • capsking22 wrote: »
    If you haven't noticed, when viewing each ship, there is a square on the bottom right that says "Hardware abilities coming soon" The Galactic Republic tag could be for a ship hardware ability.

This would make sense and would actually be pretty cool, since droids such as R2 can be put into various ships, as in the movies. So maybe you can load whichever droid you want into a ship to give it different stats/abilities, as long as the droid's tag matches the ship type. Maybe I am thinking too much into this, as this would be a huge update to the ships.
  • capsking22 wrote: »
    capsking22 wrote: »
    If you haven't noticed, when viewing each ship, there is a square on the bottom right that says "Hardware abilities coming soon" The Galactic Republic tag could be for a ship hardware ability.

This would make sense and would actually be pretty cool, since droids such as R2 can be put into various ships, as in the movies. So maybe you can load whichever droid you want into a ship to give it different stats/abilities, as long as the droid's tag matches the ship type. Maybe I am thinking too much into this, as this would be a huge update to the ships.

Jedis Rebels and Clone troopers Ships all have the same hardware image which looks like R2D2. Resistance have BB8... seems like 1 hardware can be used in multiple ships as you said. Interesting

We'll have to wait and see
  • bpipe wrote: »

R2D2 is a joke compared to Dart Nihilus. I'm starting to feel that I don't like the idea of characters balance in this game. When I imagine how would a "real" fight between Nihilus (who can drain force from entire planet) and R2D2 (bucket on wheels) would look like, I understand that this game is ****.

The same bucket on wheels that single handedly won a faceoff against Sing, Boba, and Bossk in order to rescue Mace and Anakin???
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    @capsking22 Actually I think you may be onto something. Ships have been needing a huge update for awhile now, and the developers clearly have every intention on releasing one (hopefully here in the near future). Empty hardware ability slots have been taunting us for awhile now and R2D2 would be the perfect way to add those into the game; especially considering that Astromechs (such as R2D2) were intentionally created to serve that exact purpose. You're a genius Capsking, I'm going to go polish up my x-wing now. =)
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member

The same bucket on wheels that single handedly won a faceoff against Sing, Boba, and Bossk in order to rescue Mace and Anakin???

Bulldog has a point. That's no ordinary bucket of bolts. Though I've never been able to prove it, I'm convinced that R2D2 is actually a Jedi... Either that R2D2 is actually hollow on the inside and is just a little machine that Yoda rides around in when he's trying to avoid all of the publicity that comes from being the head of the Jedi Counsel. Hmm...
  • Could this also mean the addition of hardware abilities for ships?
  • Awesome! So glad he has the resistance tag! And the republic becoming a new faction is awesome. Don't listen to all the whiners, so far so good!
  • VinhSolo wrote: »
    Could this also mean the addition of hardware abilities for ships?

If my post is onto something, then yes. We don't know anything yet. Hopefully soon.
  • We're going to get three R2s right?

Prequel Trilogy R2 = flight and oil slick burning
    Original Trilogy R2 = assists and shock/stun
    Disney Trilogy R2 = a slow tank
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    #makedroidsgreatagain

#quitcryingaboutdroidsalready
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    #makedroidsgreatagain

#quitcryingaboutdroidsalready

#imnotcrying
    #hatersgonnahate
    #thatsthetruth
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Seen someone said on this thread said he may be obtainable from ship raids.

LoL ok cause there are enough ships released for an actual ship raid to even exist at the moment?

Um..yeah ok.

Hypothetically, R2 would have a chance vs Nihilus in a real fight since droids don't have any force in them that can be drained. And with the burn ability R2 has, just not sure Nihilus can hold up

Hypothetically, R2 would have a chance vs Nihilus in a real fight since droids don't have any force in them that can be drained. And with the burn ability R2 has, just not sure Nihilus can hold up

There's actually a lil midget inside.

SnakesOnAPlane

There's actually a lil midget inside.

Exactly
    AjNyF3e.jpg
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member

Nihilus would still have his lightsaber though lol...
    Spyda wrote: »

Bulldog has a point. That's no ordinary bucket of bolts. Though I've never been able to prove it, I'm convinced that R2D2 is actually a Jedi... Either that R2D2 is actually hollow on the inside and is just a little machine that Yoda rides around in when he's trying to avoid all of the publicity that comes from being the head of the Jedi Counsel. Hmm...

Nailed it!! That's why R2 is such a powerfull Force wielder!
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    ...we'll reveal more details about him tomorrow!

Waiting for your words. ☺
  • What about droideka! Dark side month people......
    The dark side is strong in you....
  • Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Been checking every hour all day
  • Darth_Bruh wrote: »
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Been checking every hour all day

Jesse tweeted like 15 minutes ago that they're working on the update notes. Well to be more specific he posted a gif of Kermit the frog frantically typing on a typewriter
  • I bet by 4 PST we will see the notes
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    F5...F5....F5!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    B)
This discussion has been closed.