Help with wiggs

tkl
295 posts Member
Im a f2p player that is a lvl 74 and in my spot in the arena i am having trouble fighting in the arena against wiggs.Im not asking for any nerf at all. Just a good strategy and team to beat them.Thanks! :)

Replies

• tkl
    295 posts Member
    Here is my swgoh also who should i level up too beat them as well https://swgoh.gg/u/tkou7298/
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Use RG as your tank and stun them
  • You already have the counter leveled up and starred. Tie Fighter Pilot. Put speed and potency mods on him and target Biggs first and ability block him with TFP's AoE then quickly get rid of either him or Wedge.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Have you tried rex(l) boba tfp DN and sth. your mods need to have more speed in them they are lacking. imo for a effective counter with wiggs is a auto taunt shore troop or baze good choices wiggs is fast so if your having issues with the triple shot then you need sth to be faster then them. Just remember gear and speed in your mods will help
  • Shore (pretaunt), Baze (pretaunt), and GK (crit immunity) are all good tanks that mitigate the Wiggs OHKO. You could also try to farm mods that would allow your Boba (aoe ability block), STH (fast taunt), Poe (fast taunt) to be faster than opposing Biggs. Although I wouldn't recommend building droids for Arena, IG-88 with fast JE could also get ability block up before Wiggs. Of all these options, Baze is the best (if you can afford him).
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Sith1 wrote: »
    Have you tried rex(l) boba tfp DN and sth. your mods need to have more speed in them they are lacking. imo for a effective counter with wiggs is a auto taunt shore troop or baze good choices wiggs is fast so if your having issues with the triple shot then you need sth to be faster then them. Just remember gear and speed in your mods will help

I dont know where to get good speed mods and i dont think i can get baze or shore
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Start farming your mods in mod challenges even health mods with high speed will still help you out
  • RG is too slow to help. TFP only provides buff immunity. That does not stop Wiggs. With your current roster, your best bet is a faster Boba with ability block. Or farm Wedge and make your Biggs faster than opponent Biggs. If you aren't outright faster, try speed bonuses from Wedge, Lando, or AA leaders.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Im farming wedge rn so idk how it will play out
  • Faster Boba will help until (even after) you get Wedge ready.
  • RG is too slow to help. TFP only provides buff immunity. That does not stop Wiggs. With your current roster, your best bet is a faster Boba with ability block. Or farm Wedge and make your Biggs faster than opponent Biggs. If you aren't outright faster, try speed bonuses from Wedge, Lando, or AA leaders.

Actually TFP's AoE attack has a chance to ability block the main target not just give buff immunity.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Get fast enough mods to ability block or buff block Biggs and Stormtrooper Han... which could be done with a very fast TIE Fighter Pilot or a very fast Boba Fett...

Or get a tank like Shoretrooper or Baze who taunts before the battle begins, which forces Biggs to either use his super move on your tank (and risk not being able to kill it) or hold back while waiting to use it on a softer target. Sith Trooper also works if he has a fast enough Sith teammate like Sith Assassin or Count Dooku who can use a special attack before Biggs does, which immediately triggers Sith Trooper's taunt (effectively giving you the same results as a pre-battle taunt)...

Or both. If you can do both of those things, you cover more bases and give yourself an even better chance to win.

If you can fit a dispel-spammer into your squad (mainly to remove the enemy Han's taunt so you can attack everyone else instead of Han), that's also a good way to bolster the two tactics already mentioned. Characters like Darth Nihilus and Sun Fac can dispel every time they use their basic attacks. Boba Fett can dispel too, but only with his Execution, so he can't do it very often and it's kind of a waste if he uses it against an enemy who doesn't have a large number of status effects on them.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Get fast enough mods to ability block or buff block Biggs and Stormtrooper Han... which could be done with a very fast TIE Fighter Pilot or a very fast Boba Fett...

Or get a tank like Shoretrooper or Baze who taunts before the battle begins, which forces Biggs to either use his super move on your tank (and risk not being able to kill it) or hold back while waiting to use it on a softer target. Sith Trooper also works if he has a fast enough Sith teammate like Sith Assassin or Count Dooku who can use a special attack before Biggs does, which immediately triggers Sith Trooper's taunt (effectively giving you the same results as a pre-battle taunt)...

Or both. If you can do both of those things, you cover more bases and give yourself an even better chance to win.

If you can fit a dispel-spammer into your squad (mainly to remove the enemy Han's taunt so you can attack everyone else instead of Han), that's also a good way to bolster the two tactics already mentioned. Characters like Darth Nihilus and Sun Fac can dispel every time they use their basic attacks. Boba Fett can dispel too, but only with his Execution, so he can't do it very often and it's kind of a waste if he uses it against an enemy who doesn't have a large number of status effects on them.

Lovely advice! What team do you suggest? TFP would be one and sth and then who?
  • With your toons have you considered lando lead with rebels and boba? Would boost all your toons speed to be faster than a wedge lead (mods not withstanding) however you wouldn't receive the healing and offence boost, bobas execute can also be used to cancel st Hans taunt, ability block and try to kill wedge fast (he won't get the pesky evasion up, is squisher, hits harder on basic and will be removed from Biggs triple hit). If you got ackbar to be fast you could double up on landos aoe to really weaken the team before the rest of your attacks.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    DannyB wrote: »
    With your toons have you considered lando lead with rebels and boba? Would boost all your toons speed to be faster than a wedge lead (mods not withstanding) however you wouldn't receive the healing and offence boost, bobas execute can also be used to cancel st Hans taunt, ability block and try to kill wedge fast (he won't get the pesky evasion up, is squisher, hits harder on basic and will be removed from Biggs triple hit). If you got ackbar to be fast you could double up on landos aoe to really weaken the team before the rest of your attacks.

Thank u so much! Im thinking this team: Lando(L), Boba, Sthan,Wiggs
  • As a newish FTP player you need to have a toon that is faster than your opponent's Biggs and can ability block him. For you the easiest toon is TFP. Boba works for me but he gets a lot of his speed at g11 and is still a fair bit slower than tfp.

Mobile Gamer amongst others has made a good video about how to get good mods: https://youtu.be/QIWl3Hzv9g0

Watch it!

Good mods are the only way you will outspeed Wiggs
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    My wiggs will destroy the other wiggs mwahahha