Game Update - 4/25/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Jcc807 wrote: »

First you need to be careful how you quote as those are your words not mine.

Second, when are Vader, Palp, TFP, RG, and Tarkin not viable.

Third, I am sorry you feel that everything in this game needs to be immediately available. I EARNED those 5 toons above and because I EARNED them, I will EARN R2D2.

Should I feel shafted that I do not have GK? He is much harder to get. No! I chose to work with a guild to build up to all of us getting him, instead of running to a guild that was ready. My choice and I do not regret it. We will get him soon enough and we will have EARNED him!

You are unable to actually see a perspective that is not some kind of macho haha I have things you don't and I earned them the hard way mentality.

So basically there is no use discussing anything with you because you are a real hard up kind of gamer, good for you, im glad. For people who are not so up on those kind of things, its a lost revenue for ea.

And you originally double quoted me, not the other way around, I was just too lazy to fix it.

But his point is he didn't do anything the "hard" way, he just did them the normal way

Why do you feel entitled to r2d2 obtained easily? do you also feel entitled to yoda, empeor palpatine, han solo and general kenobi obtained easily?
    Events like this are good for the game because in case you hadn't noticed, all they've been doing for the past few months is releasing characters normally at regular intervals and slapping them onto a node or a store to farm later on and it's gotten quite stale and boring

The three events like this and the raid characters are the 5 things to actually work towards in this game and give you a sense of progress rather than just "I have this character now because I chose that character" for every single thing in the game

It's not a question of entitlement. For a new player, would you be farming empire toons? And dont lie. Or world you be farming rebels, or sith, or resistence or first order, or anything else?

If empire characters were as viable as the rest for a newer player, without zeta or anything, then i have no problem with it. But if you are saying that instead of farming much better characters, in agreement with the community, I should have been farming harder to farm less viable less utility characters if i wanted r2, then its a valid argument I believe.

Empire characters are simply not as good for either old shards, or new shards. If they were, people would be running them. You see vader and emperor teams certainly, but for a new player the emperor probably isn't even in your collection, and vader is through achievements hard to even get to five star unless you also purchase his rare drop in ships, which also doesnt open till later on.

New players are not farming empire characters, and it's not because we dont like them, they are just not as good.

Make the case for tie fighter, easy farm, good character, royal guard is also certainly doable, but is in hard nodes only until after level 69, tark is unlocked at 4 stars automatically, and then farmable in arena, along with other characters who are better overall then he is. So then who should we have been farming?

Understand my point? To a newer player, empire chars are not a priority not even in the slightest, simply because there are so many others who are better then them. If you say I don't know what im talking about fine, go look in top 1000 arena teams in newer shards, maybe 1 percent empire.

So it is a direct slight, now after this if the characters are given new life, new viability, and the event is returning then if you don't farm them its your bad, but right off the bat? New players will stay away, simply because everyone knows that newer players priorities are never going to be toons that are less viable then others.

Long time players will not even give me a second to think about what im saying, and that's fine. But it is what it is, this game has also slighted you at points and I'm sure revenge is a factor to the hatred poured out to my complaints.
  • Nute's leadership with r2 in team could be something..
    MayAddy622 wrote: »

Third, I am sorry you feel that everything in this game needs to be immediately available. I EARNED those 5 toons above and because I EARNED them, I will EARN R2D2.

Should I feel shafted that I do not have GK? He is much harder to get. No! I chose to work with a guild to build up to all of us getting him, instead of running to a guild that was ready. My choice and I do not regret it. We will get him soon enough and we will have EARNED him!

You are unable to actually see a perspective that is not some kind of macho haha I have things you don't and I earned them the hard way mentality.

So basically there is no use discussing anything with you because you are a real hard up kind of gamer, good for you, im glad. For people who are not so up on those kind of things, its a lost revenue for ea.

And you originally double quoted me, not the other way around, I was just too lazy to fix it.

But his point is he didn't do anything the "hard" way, he just did them the normal way

Why do you feel entitled to r2d2 obtained easily? do you also feel entitled to yoda, empeor palpatine, han solo and general kenobi obtained easily?
    Events like this are good for the game because in case you hadn't noticed, all they've been doing for the past few months is releasing characters normally at regular intervals and slapping them onto a node or a store to farm later on and it's gotten quite stale and boring

The three events like this and the raid characters are the 5 things to actually work towards in this game and give you a sense of progress rather than just "I have this character now because I chose that character" for every single thing in the game

It's not a question of entitlement. For a new player, would you be farming empire toons? And dont lie. Or world you be farming rebels, or sith, or resistence or first order, or anything else?

If empire characters were as viable as the rest for a newer player, without zeta or anything, then i have no problem with it. But if you are saying that instead of farming much better characters, in agreement with the community, I should have been farming harder to farm less viable less utility characters if i wanted r2, then its a valid argument I believe.

Empire characters are simply not as good for either old shards, or new shards. If they were, people would be running them. You see vader and emperor teams certainly, but for a new player the emperor probably isn't even in your collection, and vader is through achievements hard to even get to five star unless you also purchase his rare drop in ships, which also doesnt open till later on.

New players are not farming empire characters, and it's not because we dont like them, they are just not as good.

Make the case for tie fighter, easy farm, good character, royal guard is also certainly doable, but is in hard nodes only until after level 69, tark is unlocked at 4 stars automatically, and then farmable in arena, along with other characters who are better overall then he is. So then who should we have been farming?

Understand my point? To a newer player, empire chars are not a priority not even in the slightest, simply because there are so many others who are better then them. If you say I don't know what im talking about fine, go look in top 1000 arena teams in newer shards, maybe 1 percent empire.

So it is a direct slight, now after this if the characters are given new life, new viability, and the event is returning then if you don't farm them its your bad, but right off the bat? New players will stay away, simply because everyone knows that newer players priorities are never going to be toons that are less viable then others.

Long time players will not even give me a second to think about what im saying, and that's fine. But it is what it is, this game has also slighted you at points and I'm sure revenge is a factor to the hatred poured out to my complaints.

Why would they give you an event for players you are already likely working on? How does that make sense? You say yourself that there is no reason to work on empire. Don't you think that is a problem? Now you have a reason to work on empire, so you will be able to complete this next time around. That is what I had to do with rebels and EP. It's OK if you don't get everything right away.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »
    I was hoping for something greater, idk... But that's ok i guess... R2 is a beast, i hope i can at least get him 3-4 stars and test it out...

He appears to unlock at 5* like Yoda and Palp.

Why would they give you an event for players you are already likely working on? How does that make sense? You say yourself that there is no reason to work on empire. Don't you think that is a problem? Now you have a reason to work on empire, so you will be able to complete this next time around. That is what I had to do with rebels and EP. It's OK if you don't get everything right away.

Is it also okay to get things you do want in a video game? There is no discussing what i am speaking about to this crowd of vultures in this topic. You guys have fun, empire rocks!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Having something that newer players aren't likely to be able to do isn't a slight to them. It's just endgame content and something for the newer players to work towards if they care about it. Those who were new when the Palpatine event came out weren't able to get him either and had to wait for the second time around. In the meantime they worked on their rebels and got it done. Or they didn't and continued to whine about it in December. There's no reason that this style of event should cater to people who just started playing. They have to build up their rosters like everybody else did.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member

^^This is exactly right.

First Yoda event, I managed to get a 5* Yoda. Months pass, I gear up Jedis, and bingo: 7* Yoda. Now if you were around for that, you'll also remember the flack those like me got for getting Yoda after they nerfed the challenge, as if their Yoda was earned more than mine because they beat a harder challenge. Personally, I think grinding Jedi for a few months, dare I say it, entitled me to a Yoda.

The same thing happened for me with EP. 5* first time around and 7* the next. That wait was brutal. EP is so much more Arena viable than Yoda. So I was constantly facing EP in arena, getting that rubbed in my face.

It doesn't look like R2 will be the same kind of game changer as EP, so at least you may not be beaten down for six months by the "droid you're looking for." (Trying to see it half full for you.) Grind some empire toons and get ready for his second event, probably 6 months down the road. You may have noticed that Empire occupy top spots in arena, and for a good reason too. You won't be wasting resources.

Personally, since I've just invested the last two months grinding resistance, I'm hoping for the Jedi Luke to be from E8, not E6, and require that squad to unlock. But nobody knows, and I'm sure people will be disappointed in December when his event may be released with the movie (fingers crossed) and it turns out we need jawas.

The best advice you should take is to build squads for each of the mod challenges. That should cover you for most if not all of these events.

This game is a marathon.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    So far he's the only one in it. Looks like we're getting more Imperials. Veers is not Empire. So no bonus from Zader or EP leads.
  • R2 could be the new key for HAAT P1...
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    R2 could be the new key for HAAT P1...

Or p3
  • Veers IS Empire.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Ah... yes . Sorry bout this worthless post. I thought they might have started to update him.
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    R2 could be the new key for HAAT P1...

Or p3

True
  • He is now Empire and Imperial Trooper.
  • Jcc807
    37 posts Member
    Thanks whack, bulldog, and kiath. Don't think we could have made it any clearer for him. This game is about choices. Barring spending Kraken money we have to make our choices. I choose raids over arena, toons over ships, etc. Cannot complain if I don't dominate the arenas.
  • Does this mean Shore, death, storm, magma, and snow will share uniques like the Phoenix squad?
  • Does this mean Shore, death, storm, magma, and snow will share uniques like the Phoenix squad?

This is what I guess.
  • Is my game just being finicky or are other folks not seeing this in upcoming events?
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Everyone who is disappointed, please read the announcement carefully. They have not shared the trooper rework details yet.

"With the addition of the new 'Imperial Trooper' category, debuting in May, Troopers will share a variety of unique abilities and advantages becoming a much more formidable force. General Veers can bring the full might of his Troopers to bear on the filthy Rebel scum with his incredible Trooper synergies. Additional details for the Imperial Trooper category will be shared next week."

Essentially, all of the imperial troopers will get shared buffs like Phoenix, and we haven't been told what those buffs are yet. We don't know the details, so there is 0 capacity to judge how well veers will work with the final trooper team.

EA just did the community a solid by warning everyone that this was coming instead of springing the entire rework as a surprise all at once. If you want to pick up a few stormtrooper shards from cantina shipments, well now you can. If you want to save points up and then buy shards after seeing the details, you can do that. If you want to ignore all troopers, you can do that. But in any case you are now actually informed of what is coming generally, with more details to follow very soon. Veers is just a small piece of the overal final picture.

In fact, Ea even included a link to the draft details in the software push today. The announcement is obviously still in unpublished draft in jesses account and will be posted on the forums when they decide to share all the details.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/105540/empire-faction-pass/

• Current plan is rex lead with gk chaze and zariss
    Will r2 work better than zariss
  • Concerned who will b imperial trooper...id have a max team if storm trooper han counts (which he should imo) any one have this yet???

Already sent a reply to this but I edited one line in it and it seems to have made it disappear, so if it turns out that I've already said this above then that's why

https://swgoh.gg/u/whackyfishi/collection/?f=empire

Look at my roster, I'm in no way ready for this event either. I *might* be able to scrounge up a 5 star team from Vader, Palpatine, Tarkin, Royal Guard and Magmatrooper but oh well, If I don't get him this time I'll get him next time

And even if a new player HAD been farming empire to 5 star r2 would completely destroy them in the actual battle and they STILL wouldn't be able to get him because the 5th rank of the events like this is I'm pretty sure at least level 70 gear 9

This game is a game about choices, just compare my rebel and sith collections to that empire collection or my jedi collection
    https://swgoh.gg/u/whackyfishi/collection/?f=rebel
    https://swgoh.gg/u/whackyfishi/collection/?f=sith
    https://swgoh.gg/u/whackyfishi/collection/?f=jedi

That was my choice to try and get ahead in arena, which is working because I'm always around rank 60 and will probably get higher once I gear up chirrut. That choice also meant I still can't beat tier 5 of yoda and will sttruggle to get r2 but oh well, why rush everything?
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    I like the 'useful' rewards for the Forest Moon Assault... 4 dot or higher mod. Refreshes might be used now. :)
  • Concerned who will b imperial trooper...id have a max team if storm trooper han counts (which he should imo) any one have this yet???

Why would ST Han count as an Imperial Trooper? He wore the outfit as a disguise to infiltrate the Detention Block and save Leia. He wasn't an Imperial.

That's like saying all the Greeks who hid in the Trojan Horse should be considered giant wooden horses.

That's just not how it works.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I've been farming empire and sith for the last 6 months. I have 7 7* Empire toons and 5 Sith at 7 *.
    It's not hard you can get r2 next time the event comes around. Tarkin, Storm, TFP, And Magma are easy. You can have Veers in a couple months every day. You just have to be disciplined and don't VEER off course. ( get it.... Veer... I popped a funny)
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Game Update 4/25 release notes

***NOTE*** - everything in the updates below may not be fully visible in game until May 4th.

What’s New-
    • R2-D2
    • R2-D2 Legendary Event
    • Empire Faction Pass: General Veers
    • Elite Combat Event III
    • Ship: Gauntlet Starfighter

R2-D2 Arrives in Galaxy of Heroes!
    Event Start: May 4th
    • The versatile Support Droid, R2-D2, has been seen on the Death Star! Gather your best EMPIRE forces and defeat the famous crew of the Millennium Falcon to capture R2 in THE DARING DROID, a very rare multi-tiered event!
      Can you foil the REBELS' plans and capture this legendary astromech?

NEW CHARACTER

R2-D2

Basic: Electroshock Prod
    • Base: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 35-80% chance to inflict Stun for 1 turn. This attack deals 30% more damage to Burning targets.

Special 1: Smoke Screen
    • Base: Target ally gains Foresight for 2 turns and all other allies have a 70-100% chance to gain Stealth for 2 turns. R2-D2 gains 10-40% Turn Meter. (Cooldown 5-4)

Special 2: Improvise
    • Base: Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Burning for 2-3 turns. This attack can't be Evaded. (Cooldown 5-4)
    • NOTE: Burning! Deals damage over time and minimizes chance to Evade.

Unique 1: Combat Analysis
    • Base: While R2-D2 is active, all allies gain 4-10% Critical Chance and 4-10% Accuracy.

Unique 2: Number Crunch
    • Base: At the start of battle, R2-D2 gains 5-10% Max Protection for each Droid ally, 5-10% Offense for each Galactic Republic ally, 5-10% Max Health for each Rebel ally, and 5-10% Potency for each Resistance ally.

&nbsp

May Daily login character and Faction Pass
    • The Empire is always formulating new strategies to crush the Rebel threat. General Veers is the Daily Login for May and heads the charge with a new Empire Faction rework introducing the 'Imperial Trooper' faction!
    • With the addition of the new 'Imperial Trooper' category, debuting in May, Troopers will share a variety of unique abilities and advantages becoming a much more formidable force. General Veers can bring the full might of his Troopers to bear on the filthy Rebel scum with his incredible Trooper synergies. Additional details for the Imperial Trooper category will be shared next week.

CHARACTER UPDATES
    General Veers
    • Now has the "Imperial Trooper" category.

Basic: Daring Attack
    • Now also has a chance to grant Speed Up to a random Imperial Trooper ally who doesn't have it.
    • Upgrade 7 now grants +10% Damage instead of +5% Damage.
    • Omega: Now adds +15% Damage and +30% (up from +15%) Speed Up Chance.

Special 1: Ruthless Assault
    • Now also calls all other Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 40% less damage.
    • Upgrade 7 now grants +10% Damage instead of +5% Damage.
    • Omega: Now adds +15% Damage in addition to previous bonus of +15% Ability Block Chance.

Leader: Imperial Assault Commander
    • Gains "Imperial Trooper allies gain 20 Speed."
    • Omega: Gains "Imperial Troopers gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they gain a buff" in addition to previous bonus of +4% Offense.

Unique: Aggressive Tactician
    • Now grants all bonuses to all Imperial Troopers.
    • Gains: "While Veers is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +15% Critical Chance."
    • NEW ZETA: Recover 10% Protection whenever an enemy is defeated, +20% Offense Up Chance, and +60% Turn Meter Gain Chance

Nute Gunray
    • Nute Gunray's Leader ability has been adjusted: Turn Meter gain on Critical Hit has been increased to 30/40/50% from 20/25/30% at ranks 3/5/8, but can now only trigger once per turn (i.e., multi-hit, multi-attack, and AoE abilities will only trigger the effect once on the first Critical Hit scored.)

&nbsp

New Character faction- GALACTIC REPUBLIC
    • Characters relevant to the Galactic Republic era have now received a "Galactic Republic" faction tag. Additionally, many ships from the era have had their identifier updated from "Republic" to "Galactic Republic".

NEW PACKS & BUNDLES

Gauntlet Star Fighter Pack
    • Once you’ve tackled the Elite Combat III event (LINK), be sure to seven star your Gauntlet Starfighter ship with Blueprints PLUS Ship Building Materials, Enhancement Droids and Prestige! Each pack has a chance to crit for 30 BLUEPRINTS! Otherwise, 5 shards per pack.

Gauntlet Star Fighter bundle
    • Wreak havoc on enemy fleets with a Gauntlet Starfighter Ship! This ship is crewed by Gar Saxon and his elite Imperial Super Commando (featured in the Elite Combat event series). Level up your Gauntlet Starfighter with 25 blueprints (or unlock at 2-stars)!

SHARD SHOP & CHARACTER CADENCE UPDATE

With Director Krennic and Death Trooper rotated out, the following Characters have been added to the Shard Shop for a limited time.
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Sith Trooper
    • Sith Assassin

Additionally, these Characters can also be found in the following locations:
    • Darth Nihilus- Hard Dark Side Battles 9-A
    • Sith Trooper- Cantina Battles 8-B
    • Sith Assassin- Cantina Battles 8-C

EVENTS

ASSAULT BATTLE FOREST MOON UPDATE
    Assault Battle: Forest Moon has been updated! To coincide with the new update to the Imperial Troopers we’ve retuned this event and updated the rewards. This event will run in May, so get your Empire and/or Droid characters ready for a fight!
    • Now has 3 tiers: Hard, Very Hard, and Bonus
    • Difficulty has been readjusted across all tiers to meet the goal of providing challenging content at the level of the tier. Note however that mechanics remain largely unchanged, so the strategies you have used in the past should continue to be valid.
    • Descriptions have been updated to clearly state recommended player/unit level, and recommended gear tier for participating units. Please note that since there are so many possible squad configurations, some units in certain combinations are naturally going to have an easier time completing the event then others.
    • Repeat completion rewards have been completely overhauled. Each win will now grant 4 shards of a single Ewok, Credits, Salvage, and a single mod of 4-dots or better. In general, rewards should feel more useful and should consist of more things which are needed.
    • First time rewards remain unchanged.
    • The “Deadly” buff some Ewoks have in this event has had its description updated, and now features the “lock” icon effect to denote that it is not subject to being dispelled.
    • Teebo in encounter 4 is now correctly tagged as a Boss and is using the correct Boss stats for this encounter.
    • The event power “Defend” has been updated as follows: Now grants 80% Defense, 100% Critical Avoidance, and restores 20% of a unit’s Maximum Health. (Was: 70% Defense and 10% health.) This ability lasts for one turn and has a two turn cooldown.
    • The description for Defend has been updated to reflect the changes above.
    • Updated refresh costs to match Assault Battle: Places of Power. Note that refreshing any tier refreshes only that tier.

ELITE COMBAT III
    With the previous Tiers successfully completed, now is the time to utilize all of Gauntlet Starfighter's abilities to effectively defeat the Rebels in this final Event! Gather your best Fleet. For more information, please be sure to review April 11th’s Game Update notes found <<HERE>>

BUGS
    • Fixed a bug that caused Tusken Shaman's Rite of Savagery ability to heal for much more than intended at rank 8
    SHIPS
    • Ships will no longer flicker when selected in fleet management screen

Excuse me bro, why are you going to remove Krennic and DT from the Shard Shop so early? I mean, they were there just like 10 days and they were TWO characters, Baze and K2 were on the Shard Shop like TWO MONTHS each. Why?
  • putz1337 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    putz1337 wrote: »
    Was so excited for update...now so dissapointed.
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Excited to severely disappointed. Well at least R2 has Droid synergy.

Whats wrong with it? just curious

Veers is Phoenix Squadron all over again. 2 weeks of DT and DK in the shard shop, K2SO was there for a looooong time.

I know bro, and they were TWO characters to farm, Baze and K2 were on the Shard Shop for TWO MONTHS "EACH" Character!
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    1250 mk3 carbantis and 1400 stun gun salvage for r2. tumblr_lci86kVPb71qc6kz5.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

where the heck are you getting those numbers?
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    1250 mk3 carbantis and 1400 stun gun salvage for r2. tumblr_lci86kVPb71qc6kz5.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

where the heck are you getting those numbers?

It was a joke. But he really does need 200 stun guns
  • Are they going to do the right thing and label TFP an imperial Trooper?
This discussion has been closed.