Nerf Dooku Right Now!!!!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    The OP loves pvp "hence his name", but hates to lose and demands a nerf.

Ahhh..to be young and naive.
  • Options
    And if you run sith trooper on top of it.... it's just pathetic. Taunt + Counter with health steal...that's super-duper fair - all in a nice three star Sith Trooper package with a three star Nihilus lead, and Vader. Ooooo, how imaginative. You got two of those characters at some lame event (couldn't even get them to the fourth star in the event), and the other for free just for playing enough (Vader).

In fairness, maybe you invested in some mods - you know, the whole convert protection to health - because that's fair with health regeneration since you can't regenerate protection unless you're one of these P2W Phoenix characters or, what, Kylo's Zeta on Outrage?

It's absolutely 100% broken. If you can't see the it's inherent brokenness / unfairness, call it what you want, I feel for you.

There's a reason it's basically all you see in arena.
  • Options
    Yeah gotta need dooku seriously. I was fighting dooku, left him for last. Killed his whole team including Nihilus as his team leader. But one lone Dooku, with health steal killed my entire squad! THey had full health!
  • Options
    Wilde wrote: »
    Yeah gotta need dooku seriously. I was fighting dooku, left him for last. Killed his whole team including Nihilus as his team leader. But one lone Dooku, with health steal killed my entire squad! THey had full health!

Sounds like you didn't have anything capable of slowing him down. Your fault for going into battle against that team and not being prepared.

Would you take an undergeared jedi team into a battle against Maul? Or even use a jedi team against Sidious? Those are gambles that are just dumb to take. Some teams ACTUALLY require a strategy to beat, even if the team supposedly requires no strategy to run.

I've run a DN/Dooku team, and it isn't as effective as people think. I would routinely drop 50 spots in Arena. They can be beat with a little strategy.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/stun/

@Cannonfodder1018 and for the record, I routinely see players put, what is normally a powerful individual characters together that have a high power rating get beat by a team that has great synergy and compliments each toons ability and attacks. Power ain't nothing but a number when the characters do not form a good team or work well together.

@Speedokillz I'm not arguing that point at all and agree that synergy matters a lot. I think we can also agree that the only real meaning of 'power' is how much effort has gone into developing a toon. And my point with the Nihilus stuff is that you get a much higher reward for your time investment or lack thereof, and it's a bit silly.

I just saw a Wiggs led rebel team with ~30k power lose to a DN-led sith team with 25k power all because of a 3* Sith Trooper. I think it would be fine if you didn't get health steal on counter or bonus attacks. They can still have those attacks, but health steal with them, with all of the extra health from the protection conversion, just puts the thing over the top to me. A 3* sith toon shouldn't be able to survive three criticals with defense down from Wiggs / Lando then be back at half health one turn later IMHO. Seems like an outlier when you have a QGJ / Yoda jedi team with 35k power (and synergy, right?) behind this same 25k Sith team. That 10k of power took a lot of time and planning.

Sounds like you didn't have anything capable of slowing him down. Your fault for going into battle against that team and not being prepared.

Would you take an undergeared jedi team into a battle against Maul? Or even use a jedi team against Sidious? Those are gambles that are just dumb to take. Some teams ACTUALLY require a strategy to beat, even if the team supposedly requires no strategy to run.

I've run a DN/Dooku team, and it isn't as effective as people think. I would routinely drop 50 spots in Arena. They can be beat with a little strategy.

So in the scenario where Dooku under a DN lead can solo Dooku + RG (stun on primary) + Kylo (stun on special + heal immunity on primary) + GS (hi damage + assist) + JC (low grade healer) - and Dooku still comes out on top? That's broken. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Guys, Dooku is WAY too overpowered. Not joking, I've seen him take 11 turns... in a row. Don't know if this is hacks or something or actually something the game does. Whatever it is though, it HAS to stop. He will Stun your entire team in like 2 turns (which he takes in a row) and then counter the **** out of you when you are able to attack! Post on this thread whether or not you think Dooku should be nerfed!

@cannon_fodder the OP's point is that:
    1. "...I've seen him take 11 turns in a row..." Dooku does not do that to my team, but to OP's team probably because OP has low speed mods, if ANY and his opponent is smart enough to load up speed on mod secondaries.
    2. "...he will stun your entire team..." is untrue because Dooku does not do that to my team, because I understand what Tenacity is and prepare for those teams appropriately.
    3. "...and then counter the *** out of you..." again, not me because I understand the game enough to have a stunner and or Daze on my team at all times.

So you see, Dooku does not need a nerf, the OP (and others) need to prepare for the strengths and weaknesses of the teams they intend to engage, or simply look for another target they match up with better, OR simply develop the characters that perform better at the arena rank they are fighting for
    Post edited by Speedokillz on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/stun/

@Cannonfodder1018 and for the record, I routinely see players put, what is normally a powerful individual characters together that have a high power rating get beat by a team that has great synergy and compliments each toons ability and attacks. Power ain't nothing but a number when the characters do not form a good team or work well together.

@Speedokillz I'm not arguing that point at all and agree that synergy matters a lot. I think we can also agree that the only real meaning of 'power' is how much effort has gone into developing a toon. And my point with the Nihilus stuff is that you get a much higher reward for your time investment or lack thereof, and it's a bit silly.

I just saw a Wiggs led rebel team with ~30k power lose to a DN-led sith team with 25k power all because of a 3* Sith Trooper. I think it would be fine if you didn't get health steal on counter or bonus attacks. They can still have those attacks, but health steal with them, with all of the extra health from the protection conversion, just puts the thing over the top to me. A 3* sith toon shouldn't be able to survive three criticals with defense down from Wiggs / Lando then be back at half health one turn later IMHO. Seems like an outlier when you have a QGJ / Yoda jedi team with 35k power (and synergy, right?) behind this same 25k Sith team. That 10k of power took a lot of time and planning.

So in the scenario where Dooku under a DN lead can solo Dooku + RG (stun on primary) + Kylo (stun on special + heal immunity on primary) + GS (hi damage + assist) + JC (low grade healer) - and Dooku still comes out on top? That's broken. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened.

Uh, yeah. That's a crappy team. Dooku/RG/Kylo/GS/JC?

No wonder you can't beat Dooku. RG doesn't always stun (only at max ability does he have a substantial chance to stun), and Dooku is so fast it doesn't matter. The damage output of that team is pretty weak, and it isn't very fast. Kylo and Geo are the only real threats. A slow Dooku under Nihilus would beat that team.

If you are going to use a team like that, you HAVE to take out Dooku first. There is no other option. I don't see how that team could have been at full health with only Dooku left. Ok, maybe full health, but no protection, and you are screwed at that point. You can't do enough damage without him countering you to take him out. You almost need Kylo below 50% health, and even then, Dooku could still take him out because 9 times out of 10 he's faster than Kylo.
  • Options
    I think the wrong @Cannonfodder is being tagged in these comments. Lol.
  • Options
    sorry, fixed the ones I messed up on...

• Broulan
    374 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So you see, Dooku does not need a nerf, the OP (and others) need to prepare for the strengths and weaknesses of the teams they intend to engage, or simply look for another target they match up with better, OR simply develop the characters that perform better at the arena rank they are fighting for

Yeah I don't have anybody with daze, but I do keep a stun and plenty of burst around on any arena team. Tenacity up or cleanse is also a must.

As to the 10k power team losing, there's a lot of things you're trying to put into a void, namely:
    1. Not all 35k power teams are equal. Balanced composition and synergy mean a lot.
    2. You have to play the heroes well; many teams do well on offense if you know how to play against your enemy.
    3. You're so focused on stars, when generally stars are the lockouts for events and raids. What really matters is gear and mods. Gear as high as you can, and get mods appropriate to the characters and with lots of (who saw this coming?) speed. The arena is dominated by speed, so if you don't have it the enemy is going to get much more out of their turn meter, manipulated or not, than you are.

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    @Speedokillz "Your team isn't developed enough to contend with it?" That's the point friendo. Power is nothing but a measure of how 'developed' your team is (stars + gear + level), right? Yet, the DN led sith teams in my shard routinely have 20% lower power than the other teams around the same rank. They must all be flipping geniuses!!

The power level has little to do with how developed a character is. Yes the better gear, stars, etc. a toon has the higher their power but that doesn't mean that a high-power toon is good, otherwise everyone would be running NS Initiate and Chewie. Synergy between characters as well as having attackers/supports (naturally lower powered toons because of a lower health pool usually) are far more important.

I could field a squad with 54k power, roughly 6-7k higher than the average team in my top 10 but I would in most battles loose without killing a single opponent. Again, power is not what you should look at if you want to determine whether your team is better than someone else's.
  • Options
    Dooku is definitely overpowered, a few toons can be considered as really top tier but Dooku is really the best at everything he does (counter, multi-attacks, stun, ability block, TM gain, shock etc... that's a lot for only one toon). He's fragile but DN lead just solved that issue so he's near perfect now.

My two only issues with him are:

1. I can't even fight a Sith team under Nihilus lead with my jedis cause nothing can save you from him and least for last Dooku also has enhanced abilities against jedis (as if it was still necessary, seriously).
    2. His only weaknesses are really scarce, only stealthy toons and Shock/confuse really work well. Everything else can't work cause he plays so fast he can get rid of most debuffs.

Of course an insane burst such as Wiggs can help defeat him but if your third assist is your tank you're screwed...
  • Options
    Dooku is definitely overpowered, a few toons can be considered as really top tier but Dooku is really the best at everything he does (counter, multi-attacks, stun, ability block, TM gain, shock etc... that's a lot for only one toon). He's fragile but DN lead just solved that issue so he's near perfect now.

My two only issues with him are:

1. I can't even fight a Sith team under Nihilus lead with my jedis cause nothing can save you from him and least for last Dooku also has enhanced abilities against jedis (as if it was still necessary, seriously).
    2. His only weaknesses are really scarce, only stealthy toons and Shock/confuse really work well. Everything else can't work cause he plays so fast he can get rid of most debuffs.

Of course an insane burst such as Wiggs can help defeat him but if your third assist is your tank you're screwed...

#1. Why would you fight a sith team with jedi? Maul, Dooku, EP, and Sidious all have anti-jedi abilities, and I face all of them in Nihilus teams. No way would I purposely run a team that is at a disadvantage against the opponent.

#2. Dooku, Fives, Maul, Sidious, Kylo, EP, Nihilus, Boba. All have the potential to counter Dooku under Nihilus. And those are just toons common in arena teams. Run him into a tank while you wear him down. I love making him attack ST Han or Sith Trooper. Point is, his weaknesses are not scarce, and he can be beat with a number of different toons.

People that think he is OP just aren't attacking him right. You flat out admitted you use a team he is strong against. Congrats on the bonehead move of the day.
  • Options
    Make Dooku stronger!!

Just to put a counter in here, in case it hasn't been said yet.

I have Dooku unter Nihilus lead and I find the overall results mildly disappointing I have to say. The entire team is too easy to defeat, including Dooku.

Of course a Jedi team will struggle, but they struggle against most opponents, and I would also be in favour to make jedi teams way stronger. Looking at what they can do with the force, it seems ridiculous that a Rebel squad can take out a Jedi squad. Wft. It should be: Just wield one lightsaber and all those puny pistols will backfire at the shooters. That's what I would expect in line with the original story that was created. The force is powerful my friends. But not in this game, no, any rebel team with geared Biggs Wedge Lando will wipe out an equally powerful Jedi team. But now back to the topic.

As it was mentioned several times, Dooku can be one-shot-defeated by Biggs' + Wedge assist shot with some luck, and any stun or daze will take him out real fast. Maybe shock is also enough. Of course if you don't have any of those, your team will be wiped out by Dooku alone, last man standing, elimiating the whole squad. He can indeed not be put in check by just normal hits when he is high enough gear and led by Nihilus. It's not possible, and it's designed that way. Play the game and enjoy. I had my whole Rebel team annihilated by only one Dooku once. Wedge+Biggs just failed to kill him, and they didn't get a second try. Observe and learn. Don't whine.

To the best of my knowledge, Dooku has actually already been nerfed way back. When I did some google research I came across a few comments from like 2015 or whenever it was, kinda just after the launch of the game (please fogive if I got the date completely off I didn't do proper research just now). At the time it seems Dooku had a percentage chance to attack again after every attack. At that time, he could in theory attack really often in a row with only one click, I read about like 7 hits in one attack. Then he was nerfed. Today he attacks twice max. Not more than that. Of course he can also counter twice, because it's his basic attack, and he gains turn meter. And the dev's just made Dooku stronger again, because the Nerf was too strong, he had become less useful than many other toons. Now he is useful again, and he is the single one strongest toon that Nihilus can lead. The original poster should be grateful that the dev's didn't make Kylo a Sith. He would have an even stronger effect, as he also has pretty strong retribution plus he gains Protection.

Just my 5 cents.
  • Options
    @Inyan_Soi_Leau I appreciate your insights.

How long have you been playing the game and what level are you? I wonder if the chasm of experience and options between level 70 (been playing for between two and three months) and however long it takes to get to level 85, never mind if you've been there for awhile, explains some of the difference of opinion as to the validity of the combination of Protection Conversion to Health + Health Steal + Counter + Bonus Attack (i.e., a big, constantly refillable health pool).

Players' options are more limited early in the process. You might have been playing this game for so long that you've forgotten. It takes time to develop these counters and not having them developed isn't necessarily due to 'boneheaded' choices, it's due to limited resources and the calendar.

Was whoever put the Wiggs / Chaze team together in the video below boneheaded? There's something inherently broken and unfair about this IMHO. You are of course entitled to your own opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjENxD-39yk
  • Options
    Nice video... perfectly shows what some of us have been trying to explain. A team with a huge gaping hole in their "ability and attack pool" by putting a team together that missed stun/daze. I'm surprised it took Dooku so long to win.

Really if that team had 1 stunner on the team it would have been over 5 or 6 different turns earlier. Don't be mad at the Dooku, laugh at the inadequacies of players who do not assemble teams to contend with that sort thing.

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If there was only a way to prevent healing, or prevent counter attacks, or just like make them miss a turn. Instead of nerf dooku, just add in some of those things.

I have an idea, go to the meta report on swgoh, click on 1-100, click on squads, take a look at where nihilus, dooku, sithtrooper are in that list. Come back when you're done, I'll wait.
  • Options
    Nice video... perfectly shows what some of us have been trying to explain. A team with a huge gaping hole in their "ability and attack pool" by putting a team together that missed stun/daze. I'm surprised it took Dooku so long to win.

Really if that team had 1 stunner on the team it would have been over 5 or 6 different turns earlier. Don't be mad at the Dooku, laugh at the inadequacies of players who do not assemble teams to contend with that sort thing.

@Speedokillz Ahh, I see that you started in December of 2016, are already rank 85, and have 'developed' the Rogue One squadron. We're viewing this through a very different resource management lens. I would contend it's a much more challenging game when you're limited to 160 crystals per day. Good day, sir or ma'am.
  • Options
    No we're looking through the same lens @cannon_fodder , as there are 28 characters that stun, 8 characters that apply healing immunity, and a few that daze/shock.... If you can't find a way to get one of those toons on your squad when going up against a Dooku, then sir/ma'am - enjoy your loss.

• Options
    No we're looking through the same lens @cannon_fodder , as there are 28 characters that stun, 8 characters that apply healing immunity, and a few that daze/shock.... If you can't find a way to get one of those toons on your squad when going up against a Dooku, then sir/ma'am - enjoy your loss.

Dude, I have three stunners on my squad and he's beat them straight up - what do you want, a team of five people that can stun? By my count there are two that can daze - K2 and Maul - neither easily farmed until K2 has been recently. Deceive yourself all you wish.
  • Options
    Bro, sounds like your stunners have low potency so you are not stunning Dooku... resulting in him wrecking your squad. I recommend stacking some potency on at least one of those 3 stun-toons that you're using so that when it is their turn, they do they job.

@cannon_fodder Mind sharing the 3 characters on your squad that stun?

• Options
    Bro, sounds like your stunners have low potency so you are not stunning Dooku... resulting in him wrecking your squad. I recommend stacking some potency on at least one of those 3 stun-toons that you're using so that when it is their turn, they do they job.

@cannon_fodder Mind sharing the 3 characters on your squad that stun?

@Inyan_Soi_Leau True that, friendo. Again, the potency based mods haven't opened up yet due to level and hoping for a potency primary can be like simming for a needle in a haystack. Again, the lens. There are counters - effective management of resources for lower level F2Ps makes it a challenge, which is my whole point. I don't disagree in the least with your tactics or strategies, just their applicability.

I run Dooku, RG and Kylo. Speed and tenacity kill me. For clarification, I do decently well against Dooku and Sith - hit the occassional Dookusaurus that is infuriating.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Dude, I have three stunners on my squad and he's beat them straight up - what do you want, a team of five people that can stun? By my count there are two that can daze - K2 and Maul - neither easily farmed until K2 has been recently. Deceive yourself all you wish.

Just to set the record straight, there are four toons that inflict Daze. Rey needing a Zeta to do so is a waste though, Deathtrooper just recently became an FTP but can daze on basic and could become more useful if R2 really does reduce the amount of Maul leads at the top