Why don't you have your empire toons ready?

Prev1
We had a yoda and palp event... those used Rebels and Jedi. They've been telling us all year the dark side was rising and that a new yoda style event was coming. What faction did you think it would be? Empire and sith are the two opposites of those. As soon as they advertised nihilus coming, I started farming and leveling the 5 sith in game. When we knew krennick was coming and veers being reworked you should have started working on empire toons. You already needed empire toons at 5 star for mod challenges. I have no sympathy for those who cry about not being ready. You had all the clues in front of you since January.

Replies

• Options
    Those who have been playing for a long time should be ready and need not be whales. RG was meta long ago. Vader/Zader should have been developed for Rancor. EP has been key to Arena even since he was first introduced. TFP was also meta for a time and is also useful or ships. That's 4 of 5 if you have been around for a while. One might also have developed Tarkin for ships. I can understand it's difficult for newer players, especially since it takes a while to acquire Vader, but Rebels to EP to R2D2 provides a very predictable build progression that should roughly mirror how many players are likely building for Arena. If you are newer, forget about building Jedi for Yoda. That is a pure vanity project IMO.
  • Options
    I don't really care. I enjoy this game and play it the way I like, and I personally don't care for the empire characters available to me right now. I've been playing for about 4 months, and I focus on the Jedi and the first order. So that's why I don't have my empire team ready. im not going to go all out to try to level them up for some toon that is untested and unproven either. I'd much rather wait and see if he's worth it and build the perfect surrounding cast if he is. And I'll have the same strategy for luke whenever they release him (unless he somehow miraculously falls into my lap)
  • Options
    and worse case there's always next time

;)
  • Options
    We had a yoda and palp event... those used Rebels and Jedi. They've been telling us all year the dark side was rising and that a new yoda style event was coming. What faction did you think it would be? Empire and sith are the two opposites of those. As soon as they advertised nihilus coming, I started farming and leveling the 5 sith in game. When we knew krennick was coming and veers being reworked you should have started working on empire toons. You already needed empire toons at 5 star for mod challenges. I have no sympathy for those who cry about not being ready. You had all the clues in front of you since January.

Ah gee, maybe because Empire was crap and everyone can't work on toons that MIGHT be used for one event, while also building up teams that do well in Arena and Raids, also building up ships to farm zetas, AND farming gear and mods to stay competitive.

Do you people even play the game? Ya'll act like it's possible to do all of this and be competitive.

I'm not happy that I won't be able to unlock him, but it is what it is. I'm going to do what I can to get as far as I can in the event, but I wasn't going to sacrifice resources to farm toons that, contrary to what you believe, there was no indication would be needed for one specific event.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    I have been playing since Nov 15 and I am a Jedi guy. Dont really care for the Empire toons outside of big papa palp and vader. I have 3 ready and 2 maybe ready in time, if not always next time.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly won't be entirely surprised if a G11 EP and Vader can basically carry you in this event. Just need some starred dudes
  • Options

Ah gee, maybe because Empire was **** and everyone can't work on toons that MIGHT be used for one event, while also building up teams that do well in Arena and Raids, also building up ships to farm zetas, AND farming gear and mods to stay competitive.

Do you people even play the game? Ya'll act like it's possible to do all of this and be competitive.

I'm not happy that I won't be able to unlock him, but it is what it is. I'm going to do what I can to get as far as I can in the event, but I wasn't going to sacrifice resources to farm toons that, contrary to what you believe, there was no indication would be needed for one specific event.

Empire was meta before maul lol. All the Zader teams running around. So TFP is recommended for raids, and is a beast on a Vader/palp arena team, throw in some work on tarkin so you can farm zetas, that's 4 toons most people have somewhat developed, royal guard has always been a top tank before Shore, magma trooper is pretty good in raids. So idk unless you're a noob you should at least have a 5* unlock. I would think most people have 5 5* empire toons to farm potency mods anyway. Getting them to 7 isn't a stretch.
  • Options
    My post from another thread:

I'm a f2p, and started just before mid-FEB 2017.

My "Empire" at this moment:
    -4* L60 Vader G7 (2 shards away from 5*)
    -4* L55 Tarkin G7
    -3* L54 RG G5
    -3* L56 TFP G6

-2* L46 Snow G5
    -3* L40 Shore G2
    -2* L40 Magma G3
    -2* L40 Saxon G3
    -2* L40 ISC G1

I was just happy to get 5 Scoundrels to do Heists, farmed the Wiggs combo, and unlock Darth Vader as my personal achievements for this month.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    So basically you were wrong, that's the reason you farmed them. Now you're bragging about having them ready because you farmed them for an event that never took place.
    0mKXcg1.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'm surprised that most people aren't ready for the event. You would think that they would've at least built up a couple empire characters to complete the potency mod challenge which are probably one of the most important mods in the game.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    A g10 palp, vader and rg carried me for that, just had to get the right rng to avoid the other two dying.
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that most people aren't ready for the event. You would think that they would've at least built up a couple empire characters to complete the potency mod challenge which are probably one of the most important mods in the game.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Those who have been playing for a long time should be ready and need not be whales. RG was meta long ago. Vader/Zader should have been developed for Rancor. EP has been key to Arena even since he was first introduced. TFP was also meta for a time and is also useful or ships. That's 4 of 5 if you have been around for a while. One might also have developed Tarkin for ships. I can understand it's difficult for newer players, especially since it takes a while to acquire Vader, but Rebels to EP to R2D2 provides a very predictable build progression that should roughly mirror how many players are likely building for Arena. If you are newer, forget about building Jedi for Yoda. That is a pure vanity project IMO.

A lot of people might have done those things, but I don't understand this notion of "should." Especially the first one. Most guilds have no problem completing Rancor so why "should" anybody worry about having Vader for it? There are much higher priorities for me than being able to solo a raid that I'm not allowed to solo anyhow (since my guild has a damage cap for those with 7* Han). To me the only thing I would even argue people should have done isn't even on your list -- completing the potency mod challenge. Which would give you enough characters to at least unlock.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    So basically you were wrong, that's the reason you farmed them. Now you're bragging about having them ready because you farmed them for an event that never took place.
    0mKXcg1.gif

You're absolutely right. Seeing how I take first place in arena with Vader shore tfp palps savage. That's only 4 empire toons, I have tarkin and royal guard at 6*. Maybe I'll get one of them up to 7, maybe I won't, but I'm ready. I'm farmed maul dooku and sidious for an event to get nihilus that never happened. Farmed jawas for crit damage mods. There's plenty of reasons to farm different factions. Most people if not a noob should have an empire squad.
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »

Frickin A... this guy gets it lol
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

A lot of people might have done those things, but I don't understand this notion of "should." Especially the first one. Most guilds have no problem completing Rancor so why "should" anybody worry about having Vader for it? There are much higher priorities for me than being able to solo a raid that I'm not allowed to solo anyhow (since my guild has a damage cap for those with 7* Han). To me the only thing I would even argue people should have done isn't even on your list -- completing the potency mod challenge. Which would give you enough characters to at least unlock.

How bout phase 2 of tank. Or potency mods. Or the fact vaders a beast. You one of those guys still running droids or wiggsdo boba han and have never diversified your roster?
  • Options
    So this is basically a brag post mixed with a troll post. Got it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    0mKXcg1.gif

You're absolutely right. Seeing how I take first place in arena with Vader shore tfp palps savage. That's only 4 empire toons, I have tarkin and royal guard at 6*. Maybe I'll get one of them up to 7, maybe I won't, but I'm ready. I'm farmed maul dooku and sidious for an event to get nihilus that never happened. Farmed jawas for crit damage mods. There's plenty of reasons to farm different factions. Most people if not a noob should have an empire squad.

even worse, it's your arena team lol.
    I'm happy for you that you've got your empire team ready, but come on man. Stop trying to make players who don't have an empire squad feel inferior, especially not after the character restrictions were posted on the forum by the devs.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Meeraval_Marnath1
    373 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Fine. Ignore the semantics of should or should not. All I was trying to say is that a long time player would have had plenty of valid reasons to build at least 4 reasonably good Empire characters and 5 if you include Potency mods. If you chose not to, that's fine. I wasn't trying to denigrate anyone and the OP's post was a bit inflammatory, so maybe this was just not the right post to try to make what I intended to be a civil point.

P.S. Everyone SHOULD build Vader because he's frickin' Vader!
  • Options
    Most long time players should have some reasonable Empire roster in place by now but I don't think it should be a dis on anyone if they don't have the toons ready. It's the same philosophy as if they don't have it ready they shouldn't complain about not having enough time to prep etc. If you got it, great good for you. If not, oh well, cest la vie.
  • Options
    So this is basically a brag post mixed with a troll post. Got it.
    lol

• RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @StarwarsrawratS There are people who aren't as far along as you. Chill out with judging people for not being ready. You probably love to tell people "I told you so"
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

How bout phase 2 of tank. Or potency mods. Or the fact vaders a beast. You one of those guys still running droids or wiggsdo boba han and have never diversified your roster?

Potency mods are the thing I mentioned, so that's not an argument against what I said. Phase 2 of tank is, again, not everyone's priority. I don't bother hitting phase 2, personally. It's not necessary and I have no reason to prioritize it over all the other things I want to do. There are plenty of good characters out there, and Vader isn't so much better than all the rest that it's totally unreasonable not to have worked on him. Unless you are a whale, this game requires prioritizing. The fact that other people had different priorities than you did doesn't make them crazy.

I have never run droids and don't even have a droid team. Out of the characters you mentioned, Boba is the only one currently on my arena team. And I'm not a guy. So... none of that, no.
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    0mKXcg1.gif

Arena claims always make me want to see a swgoh.gg profile
  • Options
    Kitch wrote: »
    0mKXcg1.gif

Arena claims always make me want to see a swgoh.gg profile

lol
  • Options

Ah gee, maybe because Empire was **** and everyone can't work on toons that MIGHT be used for one event, while also building up teams that do well in Arena and Raids, also building up ships to farm zetas, AND farming gear and mods to stay competitive.

Empire was meta before maul lol. All the Zader teams running around. So TFP is recommended for raids, and is a beast on a Vader/palp arena team, throw in some work on tarkin so you can farm zetas, that's 4 toons most people have somewhat developed, royal guard has always been a top tank before Shore, magma trooper is pretty good in raids. So idk unless you're a noob you should at least have a 5* unlock. I would think most people have 5 5* empire toons to farm potency mods anyway. Getting them to 7 isn't a stretch.

Never used any of those toons. RG is a **** to farm. I don't have Palp unlocked. Magma is currently 2*. Tarkin is 6* but has crap gear on him. TFP is 4* now.

Been playing since January '17. Lvl 81. Never bothered farming them because I never saw a use before I unlocked ships. With the exception of Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and Shore, all of my empire toons are still lvl 1.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    The plan has always been to max all the heroes....albeit slowly. Am I the only one doing this?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    The plan has always been to max all the heroes....albeit slowly. Am I the only one doing this?

Not at all. I do it, for the most part. I have some toons that I let slide a little longer than I should. I took a lot of the empire toons to 7* a while ago, just in case. Looks like just in case came in pretty handy.

Now to think about the next faction that might get some sort of event like this...

• Options
    Me. I don't consider myself a hardcore player, so it'll be really slow for me.

• Options

If this is the mentality of people who don't consider themselves "hardcore," then why do they care if they can't get R2 the first time around?
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Options

If this is the mentality of people who don't consider themselves "hardcore," then why do they care if they can't get R2 the first time around?
    I'm guaranteed not to unlock R2. I'm in the same situation as the very recent Yoda Event. I got 75/145 shards.

I'm still trying to learn the board's lingo and abbreviations.