Is 5 star palpatine good?

tkl
295 posts Member
The palp event is coming and i am pretty sure i will get him to 5 or 6 stars but im pretty sure just 5 stars.Is he any good at 5 stars please let me know

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    5* or whatever - keep hammering away at the EP event, because EP is a toon seriously worth having, eventually you'll get him to 7*.

I'd say ignore whether he is 5* or 7* at this point and keep hammering away at that event - you will not be disappointed.
  • The first time round I unlocked him @ 6* and yes he was well worth investing in - he went straight into arena and stayed there for me. At 7* he's better but yes IMHO definitely viable at 6*. At 5*, I'm not sure - but many toons at 4* with good mods and gear levels are viable/good. 100% worth investing in EP even if you can't get him to 7* this time round, hopefully you can at the next event (and again, 100% worth the effort to get him to 7*!)
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Yes he is, obviously 7 is more desireable, but 5* is very viable. Get him to 85, 5* mods, Spd, CC, CD, Health. In that order. Setup right, EP is a BEAST! I run L - EP, DV, DS, RG, Barriss. All 7*, G10, except RG g9. Hovering around 150 in arena. I hunt DN teams and have beat 7* G11 teams in under 1:30 at 4x :)
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Thanks guys.I will level him up and i focused on rebels since i started only 4 of them though. I also didnt farm wedge which i am farming right now.Once palp rolls around again i will get him to 7 stars
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Yes he is, obviously 7 is more desireable, but 5* is very viable. Get him to 85, 5* mods, Spd, CC, CD, Health. In that order. Setup right, EP is a BEAST! I run L - EP, DV, DS, RG, Barriss. All 7*, G10, except RG g9. Hovering around 150 in arena. I hunt DN teams and have beat 7* G11 teams in under 1:30 at 4x :)

Lol u meant lvl 74 gear 9 and i could try to farm those mods.Thx for the advice
  • If you struggle with galactic war, he'll be a huge help.
  • FYI, last battle burn down EP first if he attacks, it could cause you to lose some of your team.
  • tkl wrote: »
    Thanks guys.I will level him up and i focused on rebels since i started only 4 of them though. I also didnt farm wedge which i am farming right now.Once palp rolls around again i will get him to 7 stars

Yeah from my experience Wiggs makes it much easier so make sure you get Wedge. I think I used Wedge/Biggs/Bistan/Luke/HRScout so not a great team by any stretch but Wiggs made the difference
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    FYI, last battle burn down EP first if he attacks, it could cause you to lose some of your team.

Oh im not worrying about that last battle since i will ony get him to 5 stars as my rebels are too weak for that
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    If you struggle with galactic war, he'll be a huge help.

Yes i do struggle in gw.Nice to know he will help
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I used Wedge, Biggs, Leia, Scariff pathfinder, STH. All 7* g8 except Leia g9. Leia was last standing and hit EP 3 times.. RIP EP lol
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    My team will be wiggs,ackbar,lando,sth all G8 and ackbar will be G9 i think
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Potency mods with health and speed & crit secondaries is good - with potency he's good for landing shock and stunning opposing teams.

But if you don't have speed or health to him, and not effectively protected by other toons on your team (such as taunters or Zaul etc) he can get picked off quick - because he is a threat. You want him as fast as possible, can take a hit and packs a punch.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    tkl wrote: »

Try using Wedge as lead - that health recovery for rebels is helpful.
  • AA Leia Biggs k2 and like they were the only 7* I had and it was right after the k2 event so I almost didn't have the toons
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    tkl wrote: »

Try using Wedge as lead - that health recovery for rebels is helpful.

Thats what im planning to do :)
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    I was thinking ackbar or lando tho
  • I'm planning on a Biggs, (don't have Wedge yet) Cassian, K2SO and Lando(L)
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    AKHatbloke wrote: »
    I'm planning on a Biggs, (don't have Wedge yet) Cassian, K2SO and Lando(L)

If you get wedge you should make him lead instead of lando.He gives extra health and offense to them
  • Gears are more important than stars. Get EP to g11 or max and he'll likely be fine, just a little squishy.
  • He's 5* in my arena team, 46k power, and he does just fine!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    He's in my zeta Vader arena team, and a big help. A lot of Maul teams with him in my shard, and pretty much every battle against him comes down to whose Palpatine goes first and stuns. He also helps a lot in Rancor as he has decent speed, and his AoE, and stun is good against guards.

In AAT raid he is also a big help on phase 2 through 4. His offense up goes well with Culling Blade, and also is a good buff to rely on to block the air strike or tank cannon. His damage from his basic isn't too shabby either.

This is mine with mostly potency mods
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mzee/collection/emperor-palpatine/