Why don't you have your empire toons ready?

2Next

Replies

• Kitch wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    So basically you were wrong, that's the reason you farmed them. Now you're bragging about having them ready because you farmed them for an event that never took place.
    0mKXcg1.gif

You're absolutely right. Seeing how I take first place in arena with Vader shore tfp palps savage. That's only 4 empire toons, I have tarkin and royal guard at 6*. Maybe I'll get one of them up to 7, maybe I won't, but I'm ready. I'm farmed maul dooku and sidious for an event to get nihilus that never happened. Farmed jawas for crit damage mods. There's plenty of reasons to farm different factions. Most people if not a noob should have an empire squad.

Arena claims always make me want to see a swgoh.gg profile

https://swgoh.gg/u/maljr1980/

@Kitch
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    If you were playing when the game began, you should have RG 7*. Anyone with sense should have 7*'d Vader, EP, and Tfp. I've got Tarkin and Magma at 7* just because I had nothing else to spend tokens on. Anyway, point is, you should have at least 4 Empire toons at meta level.
  • We had a yoda and palp event... those used Rebels and Jedi. They've been telling us all year the dark side was rising and that a new yoda style event was coming. What faction did you think it would be? Empire and sith are the two opposites of those. As soon as they advertised nihilus coming, I started farming and leveling the 5 sith in game. When we knew krennick was coming and veers being reworked you should have started working on empire toons. You already needed empire toons at 5 star for mod challenges. I have no sympathy for those who cry about not being ready. You had all the clues in front of you since January.

The complaint post about complainers, magnificent insights you share with us there.

Whom is this post adressed at anyways i wonder. Theres many types of players

1. New players who cant unlock yet and can look forward to it someday.
    2. Mid-range level players who can unlock it, contemplating if 6* is possible.
    3. High level players who can unlock and 6*, maybe 7* depending on difficulty.
    4. Others who don't even read forums and just play casually.
    5. Et cetera.

On a final note, your argument that empire revamp was coming can in hindsight only be regarded as a clue if someone foolishly believed that it was actually one. Some people want proof, not esoteric card-reading and crystal balls before making important decisions about resource management because that's the name of the game here in case you haven't figured that out yet with the wisdom granted to you.

A person can observe far away rain clouds in the distance, but it depends on the wind where they will drift to and even if they arrive at the observer's location, even then it's still questionable whether they will open up and cause a rainfall or still drift along for a few hours.

We observed announcements about Empire update but EA decided when it would hit and with what intensity, aka an additional Rare Event. Forums were talking about rainfall but there was no true evidence when it would happen and whether we needed umbrellas or whether a simple hat+jacket is enough.

And now, shush! Back to the elitist whale pods with you.

• Atlas1 wrote: »
    If you were playing when the game began, you should have RG 7*. Anyone with sense should have 7*'d Vader, EP, and Tfp. I've got Tarkin and Magma at 7* just because I had nothing else to spend tokens on. Anyway, point is, you should have at least 4 Empire toons at meta level.

So for all those that weren't playing when the game began, scratch RG. If you don't have rebels, you don't have EP. What does sense have to do with TFP? I don't have Vader because you can only farm him from fleet, and I need to spend those credits on ship shards to beat the tarkin event and upgrade ships to farm zetas. That leaves shards from achievements, which come slow after a while. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat.

Love the elitist "anyone with sense" and "if you were playing from the start" attitude though. Not everyone has been playing from the start, and not sure what sense has to do with farming particular characters.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kitch wrote: »
    So basically you were wrong, that's the reason you farmed them. Now you're bragging about having them ready because you farmed them for an event that never took place.
    0mKXcg1.gif

You're absolutely right. Seeing how I take first place in arena with Vader shore tfp palps savage. That's only 4 empire toons, I have tarkin and royal guard at 6*. Maybe I'll get one of them up to 7, maybe I won't, but I'm ready. I'm farmed maul dooku and sidious for an event to get nihilus that never happened. Farmed jawas for crit damage mods. There's plenty of reasons to farm different factions. Most people if not a noob should have an empire squad.

That's soooo cute. ;)

Grand total of $50 spent ($5 and 3 crystal subscriptions) in 17 months : https://swgoh.gg/u/lucas_gregory/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • In response to most of you...who aren't new players...this post was aimed at all the people complaining about the event and not being ready. I didn't mean for everyone to get all butt hurt over it. The devs told us that yoda and palp will be moved to a rotating monthly schedule and that a new legendary event would be on its way. They've been telling us that the dark side is rising all year.

It was highly unlikely that the new Event would be a rebel or Jedi repeat. Sure it could have required first order, resistance, sith, empire, or maybe something else. We are on our second empire faction pass. I was fully expecting this legendary event to be for revan or nihilus when they dropped the picture of the red light saber in the update section. I started using my shop currencies to farm Sid and Dooku so I could hopefully get revan. That didn't happen, so ok I was fine with it. I went back to farming toons for raids.

I've run Jedi and an empire/sith hybrid as long as I've been playing. The first time EP came around I didn't even unlock him. It's taken me 3 events to 7* EP. But I didn't cry on the forums about not having time to prepare for him. All I am saying is the whole year has focused heavily on the dark side. We were told a legendary event was coming. I highly doubted the next event would be ewoks or tuskens as the requirement. Resistance and first order are hard farms, imagine the outrage on the forums if it required a resistance team, and besides something using those teams would probably coincide with the next movie. Empire was the obvious choice as it's probably the next largest and most iconic faction.

Basically the point is if you're hardcore enough to be on the forums all the time you should have seen the writing on the wall and started prepare for this, and if you didn't you shouldn't be crying about how you won't unlock R2. Took me 2 events to get Yoda at 7*, and 3 events to get Emporer at 7*. So if you want to cry to the forums about not being prepared and what not then I have absolutely 0 sympathy for you.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kitch wrote: »
    0mKXcg1.gif

That's soooo cute. ;)

Grand total of $50 spent ($5 and 3 crystal subscriptions) in 17 months : https://swgoh.gg/u/lucas_gregory/

Somebody made a comment about "claiming" arena rankings and wanting to see a SWGOH.gg profile. I never said I had the best roster, I haven't played as long as you. I was simply backing up the fact that I place first in arena, and that I don't get online and lie about how good my team is when I really only sit in the top 100.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don't disagree at all that people who aren't ready should stop whining about it. But comments like this:
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Anyone with sense should have 7*'d Vader, EP, and Tfp.

are just ridiculous and rude.
  • In response to most of you...who aren't new players...this post was aimed at all the people complaining about the event and not being ready. I didn't mean for everyone to get all butt hurt over it. The devs told us that yoda and palp will be moved to a rotating monthly schedule and that a new legendary event would be on its way. They've been telling us that the dark side is rising all year.

It was highly unlikely that the new Event would be a rebel or Jedi repeat. Sure it could have required first order, resistance, sith, empire, or maybe something else. We are on our second empire faction pass. I was fully expecting this legendary event to be for revan or nihilus when they dropped the picture of the red light saber in the update section. I started using my shop currencies to farm Sid and Dooku so I could hopefully get revan. That didn't happen, so ok I was fine with it. I went back to farming toons for raids.

I've run Jedi and an empire/sith hybrid as long as I've been playing. The first time EP came around I didn't even unlock him. It's taken me 3 events to 7* EP. But I didn't cry on the forums about not having time to prepare for him. All I am saying is the whole year has focused heavily on the dark side. We were told a legendary event was coming. I highly doubted the next event would be ewoks or tuskens as the requirement. Resistance and first order are hard farms, imagine the outrage on the forums if it required a resistance team, and besides something using those teams would probably coincide with the next movie. Empire was the obvious choice as it's probably the next largest and most iconic faction.

Basically the point is if you're hardcore enough to be on the forums all the time you should have seen the writing on the wall and started prepare for this, and if you didn't you shouldn't be crying about how you won't unlock R2. Took me 2 events to get Yoda at 7*, and 3 events to get Emporer at 7*. So if you want to cry to the forums about not being prepared and what not then I have absolutely 0 sympathy for you.

If this was in response to people complaining, why not post it there? Posting it in a new topic removes your target audience.
  • The forums would be much more boring to look through without the complaining and whining of kid-mentality players, its the salt+pepper that makes the forum spicy. >:)

Anyways, "dark side rising" as you said can be interpreted in so many ways, the real question is, why they make such a fuss then all we get is a Veers rework (thanks, was about time to buff troopers). That's really not super new content we actually need for this game, only another character farm to bide time.

Everyone dedicated to the game will get R2D2 at some point anyways...

Now, gief inguild PVP and real new content we actually want and need please, such as
    C R E D I T H E I S T !!
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    I've got my empire toons levelled and geared... Just a shame about the garbage toon they'll be competing for. Should be Revan or Jedi Luke
  • Weltall wrote: »
    The forums would be much more boring to look through without the complaining and whining of kid-mentality players, its the salt+pepper that makes the forum spicy. >:)

Anyways, "dark side rising" as you said can be interpreted in so many ways, the real question is, why they make such a fuss then all we get is a Veers rework (thanks, was about time to buff troopers). That's really not super new content we actually need for this game, only another character farm to bide time.

Everyone dedicated to the game will get R2D2 at some point anyways...

Now, gief inguild PVP and real new content we actually want and need please, such as
    C R E D I T H E I S T !!

We still have a new game mode inbound. Also people complain about to many new toons and no rework of old ones. I think they balance it well with an old rework here or there, a faction pass, and introduction of new toons.
  • I have a bunch of 6 and 7 star Empire characters. The only ones I don't have at 6/7 stars are Krennic and Deathtrooper. Still not happy that Veers rework basically screws out the regular Empire characters.
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    I have a bunch of 6 and 7 star Empire characters. The only ones I don't have at 6/7 stars are Krennic and Deathtrooper. Still not happy that Veers rework basically screws out the regular Empire characters.

We're getting a group synergy for troopers which is kind of nice. Tarkin could have got a rework. If we buff Vader, EP, shore, TFP the forum would be full of nerf empire threads. It's a viable team already and would instantly dethrone the maul meta and be completely dominant.
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    I have a bunch of 6 and 7 star Empire characters. The only ones I don't have at 6/7 stars are Krennic and Deathtrooper. Still not happy that Veers rework basically screws out the regular Empire characters.

We're getting a group synergy for troopers which is kind of nice. Tarkin could have got a rework. If we buff Vader, EP, shore, TFP the forum would be full of nerf empire threads. It's a viable team already and would instantly dethrone the maul meta and be completely dominant.

Not going to happen