Let's remove sith from the R2D2 event *video of tier 7 without sith added

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    One thing that seems to be overlooked. Adding R2 means...

ANOTHER REBEL!!!

Roflmao

But it is ok if it is a rebel some want like r2 or luke. Just not other "rebels"
  • scuba wrote: »
    One thing that seems to be overlooked. Adding R2 means...

ANOTHER REBEL!!!

Roflmao

But it is ok if it is a rebel some want like r2 or luke. Just not other "rebels"

Faced your team in GW.. I hate you lol
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    lol - so ban the 2 most iconic Empire toons from an Empire event? :) Has to be a troll post.

Ding!
  • Is it time for the mods and devs to have a gif war in Off topic
    giphy.gif

I haven't seen rebels so I couldn't spot any difference well done on the catch though.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    There are 14 Empire toons within the game. 2 of those are sith. I think the event would be much more challenging and and make R2 more exclusive if we remove the ability to use toons with sith tags and just use the empire only toons. This will allow CG to showcase the new empire pass and maybe even encourage some spending. Please make this happen.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif
  • @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    GASP. His gifgame exceeds my own! IMPOSTOR
    tumblr_mgkn2sbQSa1ri3gg1o1_500.gif

tenor.gif
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Mullato wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense to have them from a story perspective. Both the sith would have their minions go after the rebels. They would never get involved with it directly.

Didn't see DV in R1? Has to be troll post here. This is so ridiculous that it's fun though so let's keep it going....

I'd say ban all Empire from an Empire event .... surprise!!! It's a disguise Ewok / Nightsister event to unlock R2. That would really make it challenging.

And once you complete it and unlock him, he takes his mask off and you realize you now have a 7* Geonosian Bus Driver

Not gonna lie, I would love a 7* Geonosian Bus Driver, lol.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

• How about we open it to all factions, and just ban everyone with a weapon. @CG_NotReallyAJedi make it happen :)[/quote]
    Then only chopper can play
  • Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Haha loving this thread
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Taramel wrote: »
    Haha loving this thread

This. :D:D:D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 5 troopers only will be better
  • It doesn't make sense to have them from a story perspective. Both the sith would have their minions go after the rebels. They would never get involved with it directly.

It's a game. Like, within the game. Sorry the equivalent of a Hellen Keller vs. Genghis Khan arcade brawl doesn't pass historical muster.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Why not have it require Rebels instead? Better yet, only rebel characters that R2D2 has personally beeped at can be considered.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    This is a terrible idea. There is no Empire without Palpatine and Vader.
  • No dude just no. I need Vader for this. He's my only hope.

• MOAR!!!

This is like some internet version of a classic old school Abbott & Costello comedy sketch :) This has to be a thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7pMYHn-1yA
  • Racesith!!
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    Vader and the palp have always been empire. I can't remember anything being said about the sith (in the movies) until episode 1. I'm I wrong about that
  • I agree with OP. This would also ease the pain of those who can't get EP before R2 event.
    This gif war is also FANTASTIC.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    I agree with OP. This would also ease the pain of those who can't get EP before R2 event.

I don't think you understand OPs suggestion. This would literally not help anyone.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    WHAT? You want me to make it HARDER?!

evil-laugh.gif

Before all the giffing happened I think CG alluded to it being HARD. Anyone else catch that?
  • RockHB
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Don't Agree, EP was the main catalyst in creating the empire.
    Post edited by RockHB on
  • BoxandthefuzzReturns
    273 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Zooey wrote: »
    I agree with OP. This would also ease the pain of those who can't get EP before R2 event.

I don't think you understand OPs suggestion. This would literally not help anyone.

It would help make R2 even more elite and prestigious. At least let's hope the event is pre Yoda nerf caliber. The Mods need stuff to moderate after all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Haha, great thread.

OP. If you wanted it harder wouldn't you make it all sith?

Yes many sith teams out there but not many running 7* sith teams...haha, whale wars!!
  • Zooey wrote: »

I am happy to elaborate. A very exclusive event char should be the pie in the sky. Make you buy/farm necessary chars to obtain. The rarity of having or encountering R2 is part of the fun. Also don't think an event char should be allowed to achieve another event char. I have seen posts of people upset by timing of Palp/R2 events and this would be a none issue.
  • There are 14 Empire toons within the game. 2 of those are sith. I think the event would be much more challenging and and make R2 more exclusive if we remove the ability to use toons with sith tags and just use the empire only toons. This will allow CG to showcase the new empire pass and maybe even encourage some spending. Please make this happen.

I see your ban sith and raise you...remove anyone without the word "trooper"
  • @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    GASP. His gifgame exceeds my own! IMPOSTOR
    tumblr_mgkn2sbQSa1ri3gg1o1_500.gif

@CG_Kozispoon

You guys are the greatest... really made my day