Shard Shop Exclusive Character later this month

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    dc2484 wrote: »
    I see no way it could be anywhere a 1:1 exchange rate as was mentioned by a few ppl above. 70+ shards of excess shards a day is not out of the question. Now perhaps the chrom exclusive characters could have a 1:1 or at least a better rate than the others. That would give the ppl who spent money on these characters a little extra in trade in value

The problem is that the game doesn't differentiate between extra shards that were purchased vs. extra shards that were farmed. Example:My JKG is at 5 stars. I haven't farmed her, I bought a few chromium packs and she is at 5 stars. If I were to continue to buy packs, there is a chance that I could get JKG to 7 stars and get extra. Those are "worth" the same amount as extra Maul shards. Will it be 1:1, probably not but there certainly is a case for it.

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a heads up that we will be adding that mysterious Shard Shop exclusive character later this month. I especially wanted to let those of you know who may have a large stockpile of extra shards. It wouldn't be cool if you spent all of your currency and then find out that there is a new character just a few weeks later after you've spent everything.

So, consider yourselves informed!

-EA_Jesse

This only works if you have 7 star character's correct. If so it may be a wile before I get to use this feature since shard collection takes a wile even if you spend RL money. My highest star character is a 5
  • Abyss wrote: »
    Do we have any idea the exchange ratio?

I think it should be 1:1

You've worked hard / paid for it

1:1 is the only fair/logical way imo. This gane as of yet does not differentiate in shards. A shard is a shard weather its rey or weather its an ewok. They all count the same/add the same/promote the same/unlock the same etc etc etc.

And even their current shop model has no diferentiation in shards. Its all always 400 currency fir 5 shards (or 125 currency per 1 shard, however u wanna view it) weather its jinn/sid or biggs lol

They are trying to let us know ahead so we can save extra shards, this is obvious, if its not 1:1, the backlash will be the most severe to date im quite sure

No it shouldn't be 1:1.
    Otherwise people are just going to keep buying Lumi and Sid shards on 7* maxxed toons and run to the shop, extra shards in hand to swap them for the shop exclusive toon's shards. Why would they build in such a disincentive to diverse builds/rosters?

I've seen a lot of your posts and few of them make any logical sense apart from self entitled whining about what you want, but hey, at least you're consistent.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »

1:1 is the only fair/logical way imo. This gane as of yet does not differentiate in shards. A shard is a shard weather its rey or weather its an ewok. They all count the same/add the same/promote the same/unlock the same etc etc etc.

And even their current shop model has no diferentiation in shards. Its all always 400 currency fir 5 shards (or 125 currency per 1 shard, however u wanna view it) weather its jinn/sid or biggs lol

They are trying to let us know ahead so we can save extra shards, this is obvious, if its not 1:1, the backlash will be the most severe to date im quite sure

Otherwise people are just going to keep buying Lumi and Sid shards on 7* maxxed toons and run to the shop, extra shards in hand to swap them for the shop exclusive toon's shards. Why would they build in such a disincentive to diverse builds/rosters?

I've seen a lot of your posts and few of them make any logical sense apart from self entitled whining about what you want, but hey, at least you're consistent.

I think it would be fair to be 1:1
    Most heroes are easy to obtain through GW, Arena and Cantina Shipments right from the start of the game. So in order to get the shard character, you ll have to reach a character 7* first. Which is additional effort just to get that hero.
    There should be other items to be tradeable for additional shards, like droids, gold, purple ability material or even gear. Don't need to make the new character unreachable to the majority of players just because a small minority spent crazy money on packs, enough to get 500+ additional shards on some heroes.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    CPMP wrote: »

I think it would be fair to be 1:1
    Most heroes are easy to obtain through GW, Arena and Cantina Shipments right from the start of the game. So in order to get the shard character, you ll have to reach a character 7* first. Which is additional effort just to get that hero.
    There should be other items to be tradeable for additional shards, like droids, gold, purple ability material or even gear. Don't need to make the new character unreachable to the majority of players just because a small minority spent crazy money on packs, enough to get 500+ additional shards on some heroes.

They really need to explain what their plan is...

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things where both sides aren't happy. (though this is clearly created to help whales deal with their excess, so I would err on the side of making them happy over trying to create a perfect balance between f2p and whales).

• D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Let's not get hostile. I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice :D

Only joking, no hard feeling.

P.S. I agree it shouldn't be 1:1
  • Quick question...I have 2k green jems from Galactic War that I haven't spent. Would it be better to just use them to buy extra shards of say Lumi (she and Phasma are my 7* characters from GW) or just save the gems until the release?
  • CaptainPlatypus
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Looks like we won't get the 1:1 :smiley:

Appears as though it's going to be 300:2. That is just ridiculous haha.

rendition1.img.jpg

Or am I missing something?

Perhaps the "currency" isn't earned per shard. Perhaps if you trade a rare toon you get 50 of the currency, if you trade a common one you get 5 or something like that.
  • Looks like we won't get the 1:1 :smiley:

Appears as though it's going to be 300:2. That is just ridiculous haha.

rendition1.img.jpg

Or am I missing something?

Perhaps the "currency" isn't earned per shard. Perhaps if you trade a rare toon you get 50 of the currency, if you trade a common one you get 5 or something like that.

:o

Where did you find this?

• :o

Where did you find this?

I have my sources ;)

Plus it's here on the website:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news/unlock-grand-master-yoda-in-an-all-new-event

But it does seem like the currency will be drastically more than 300:2, just no idea how generous it will be yet.
  • It concerns me that the player has 45 shard currency in that screen shot.

That means it must be awarded in multiples of 9 or 5.

If 1 shard = 5 currency, and 150 currency = 1 shard store shard, then it's an exchange rate of 30:1.

That would render the entire shard store close to meaningless. That wouldn't speed up shard collection in any appreciable way.

But we'll find out soon enough!
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I hope their are different sums. Possibly 1000 tokens for 10 shards, 500 for 4, and the 300 for 2. Since we can't refresh daily, it would be nice to work through it faster.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    It concerns me that the player has 45 shard currency in that screen shot.

If 1 shard = 5 currency, and 150 currency = 1 shard store shard, then it's an exchange rate of 30:1.

That would render the entire shard store close to meaningless. That wouldn't speed up shard collection in any appreciable way.

I'm guessing 1 shard = 15 currency.

300 per ship of 2 is 150 per shard. So it is a 10:1 ratio.

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    It concerns me that the player has 45 shard currency in that screen shot.

It could be 15 or it could even be 45 per shard. 45 certainly wouldn't be too bad, roughly 7:2.
  • I assume the character is gonna be the Emperor to mirror Yoda
    Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking...
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Update is up for manual download, I got 2295 currency :smile:
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    It's 15 currency per shard.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    It's 15 currency per shard.

So 10:1. I never expected 2:1 but hoped for like 5:1. I guess they had to make it ungenerous enough that people wouldn't just farm this new character using excess GW tokens.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Does anyone know if the characters available in the shard shop will rotate or change on the daily refresh? or is it what you see is what you get? Currently in my shard shop I see two options for Asajj
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    In my guild we have people who see different characters... so I am guessing it's random.
  • So in other words the shard shop is as useless as we all thought it would be...awesome!
  • It'll be 5:1.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Tash wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the characters available in the shard shop will rotate or change on the daily refresh? or is it what you see is what you get? Currently in my shard shop I see two options for Asajj

They are going to change daily. In fact, EA_Jesse said:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a heads up that we will be adding that mysterious Shard Shop exclusive character later this month. I especially wanted to let those of you know who may have a large stockpile of extra shards. It wouldn't be cool if you spent all of your currency and then find out that there is a new character just a few weeks later after you've spent everything.

So, consider yourselves informed!

-EA_Jesse

That means not only there will be new characters, but shards for them as well in the shard shop. Right now my timer is due to reset in 14h10m
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    There is the "the more 7 :star: you have, the more you get" part, I have 3 7* and I get 15 per shard
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • How come some people have shard shop ??

Have to go to App Store and manually update. It will be forced tomorrow.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • GK23
    55 posts Member
    It's 15 to 1 guys

shard shop wont appear unless you have a character at 7* already that has extra shards
  • Ok, so a couple things about this "Shard Shop". I traded in my extra shards. I'm finding the ratio is 20 shards PAST 7 stars for 300 currency which equals 2 shards...If we are going to get 2 shards per 20 we trade in then I have a couple things I want to express.

I traded in shards for my phasma which obviously is already 7 stars just to get in this shard shop and see Phasma as one of the slim choices to buy shards for. Is there a way you guys can filter out characters you already HAVE at 7 stars? I think it's silly that a spot gets taken by a character I can't even buy for. Also if it cannot be refreshed then give us more options then 6 characters. Especially since there is no filter to not offer shards for a character we already have at 7 stars.

10/1 ratio is already challenging especially for shards PAST 7 stars. Which is fine but give us more than 6 characters to choice from. The first line up for me was sub par while getting a repeat phasma.

Rant over
This discussion has been closed.