Bariss Healing Through Immunity

Brigger
241 posts Member
edited December 2015
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's supposed to happen but in the Arena its happened to me twice today. I always target Dooku first (since he's on everybody's team, except mine) with Sidious to inflict healing immunity. The red debuff shows above Dooku's head but when Bariss heals, he receives the full healing effect.

Is this supposed to happen, even with the Healing Immunity Debuff? Has anybody else experienced this?

EDIT: Sorry, I just looked through the posts and this is clearly an obvious issue. If a mod wants to close this I'm okay with that lol. But I would also like an explanation

BTW Looking for more allies:
Lvl 47, Currently #81 Rank
586-864-482

Replies

• Yea i experienced same thing.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Heal immunity stops the 2nd part of Barriss' heal but doesn't affect the health balancing portion.

I'm in the camp that believes this is working as intended but a lot of people think it's a bug.

There's been no official word on it yet from the devs.
  • Yea dude this is bull I lost my galactic war over this and many arena battles. Why aren't they fixing these problems.
  • When every team in GW you face has a Sidious and the ai focuses your squishy, you will see the need for a counter to the healing debuff in Barriss' heal
  • Yea dude this is bull I lost my galactic war over this and many arena battles. Why aren't they fixing these problems.

Because it's not a problem.
  • Also this happened to me not only in GW but I was farming some lower level gear and I noticed it happened with one of the storm troopers who has a healing ability
  • "balancing" is not "healing" thus not affected by healing block... deal with it, Bariss is slow on a long cooldown... use ability block at a right moment on her....
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Yea balancing is not healing soni fully agree that bariss is working as she should. I dont see the issue here.
  • McRobert
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I dont see the issue, because you are blind and making things up!
    "FORCE HEAL" clearly a heal. It heals depending on different things. Like all heals in games. Not always just heal 3000 or 20%

Heals different much depending on damage to team and such. No "balancing"

It's a heal, don't change because you frase one part different.
    Force heal is clearly a heal. If it gives you "healt it's a heal effect in some kind"
    Even can't get Health from kills if you have the debuff on sidious.

Healing effect, every ability that's add health to the target!!!
  • Theres actually a quick fix to the problem and its called lvl up
  • Actually it is balancing. I've had characters lose health on the first portion when it balances. If all you're watching is the person you're trying to heal, you won't see it. Watch your other character's health. Some may go down and then back up on the second part of the heal.
  • McRobert
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It's still a healing effect, moving health to another.

Taking health from one and moving it to another is still healing. Or / and also gaining health equal to the average of the party. You are still getting healed. Healing immune Should be not able to get health even if it is balancing. You are immun to get more HEALTH
  • McRobert wrote: »

Taking health from one and moving it to another is still healing. Or / and also gaining health equal to the average of the party. You are still getting healed. Healing immune Should be not able to get health even if it is balancing. You are immun to get more HEALTH

So are you arguing for the devs to change the name of the skill or change the skill itself because that's 2 totally different things.
  • McRobert
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    McRobert wrote: »

So are you arguing for the devs to change the name of the skill or change the skill itself because that's 2 totally different things.

I'm saying it is not working as it is prob ably intended, we will see shortly because it's in the dev what to do list.

I'm saying its a healing skill, there is no buts. If healing immun they should not be able to gain health. No excuses!!

It's basic.

• Time
    293 posts Member

In saying it is not working as it is probably intended, we will see shortly because it's in the dev what to do list.

I'm saying its a healing skill, there is no buts. If healing immun they should not be able to gain health. No excuses!!

It's basic.

Think of it as a transfer, not an addition. A transfer takes from all heros and makes their health all equal. Think of your bank. You have a savings account with $200 but your checking account is empty. You want to buy something online so you transfer $100 from your savings account to your checking account. Now you have $100 to spend from your checking account and $100 in your savings account and yet you neither gained nor lost any money, just balanced your accounts.
  • Have you thought about what happens when you do that? What kind of effect this will have on the character balance? Those are more important questions than complaining about the accuracy of a tooltip.
  • McRobert
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    You don't get that transferring to another is still a healing effect. You should not be able to gain health.... Not by magixxx or anything!

It's like if you have 200 health and move 100 health to some one els he is getting healed by this effect even tho he is healing immun. Gaining health is healing. If you move HP from another player in the party it is still healing!

He should be able to get shielded and what ever effects there is( if they had it in)
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    But there is no addition of health, just balancing between characters. Developers have even stated it's working as intended. Imo its the one thing bariss can do that the other healers can't. Bariss already has one of the weaker heals in the game and has the lowest damage ive observed from any character. The heal part is stopped by sidious attack if you watch the animations. If bariss is by herself she gains no life at all.