Will this work?

xXItsTryhardPVPXx
101 posts Member
edited April 2017
With the upcoming R2-D2 event, people are obviously talking about his abilities should be used. I was thinking about this, and then I realized: Sith Trooper.
R2's Smoke Screen gives the target ally Foresight and all other allies Stealth. Sith Trooper's Vaiken's Legacy gives him Defense Up, Taunt, and most importantly, Retribution, but only in a Sith team. So if you put him and R2 in a Sith team, with Nihilus at lead, this is what I think will happen:
R2 uses Smoke Screen, targets Sith Trooper. All other allies gain Stealth and Sith Trooper gets the Foresight. Under Nihilus lead in a Sith team, the other Sith should then use their special abilities to give Sith Trooper the Defense Up and Taunt and Retribution (although Taunt won't matter). Then all the enemies will be forced to attack Sith Trooper. He will dodge the first attack and then counter them all! Under Nihilus lead, this will also lead to near-invincibility due to the Health Steal!

Will this work? 11 votes

Yes, this would work!
36%
LRMoserJasFonzMc_IavellxXItsTryhardPVPXx 4 votes
No, this wouldn't work (Explain in comments)
63%
Zombie961TooLElleMadarasumselkawumselPR01ZeusiMTooGodlllyInyan_Soi_Leau 7 votes

Replies

• No, this wouldn't work (Explain in comments)
    Offense maybe but you're making a 1/4 bet that the ai R2 targets trooper, also he can like anyone on a Nihilus team be shut down by heal immunity, shock, and stun.
  • Yes, this would work!
    I'm not talking about an AI team!! I'm saying this as an arena team! Plus,
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Offense maybe but you're making a 1/4 bet that the ai R2 targets trooper, also he can like anyone on a Nihilus team be shut down by heal immunity, shock, and stun.

Heal Immunity, Shock, Stun, will only be able to be targeted at ST, that's the point.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I think 5's, Aayla and SunFac r all better choices.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »

I agree it's a 1/4 chance. Also what happens if an opposing R2 targets a Baze or ST on the other team?
    Won't work because the minute SiTrooper has heal immunity applied, he's in trouble.

This would literally not function any differently than a current DN led sith team. If you have SiTrooper's unique omega'd, he gains taunt on the first Sith Special used, then retribution on the second. On a DN team with Dooku and Sidious or Palp, he probably has that before the other team moves.

R2 isn't doing anything that SiTrooper can't already do, except giving him foresight to avoid one attack.
    Won't work because the minute SiTrooper has heal immunity applied, he's in trouble.

This would literally not function any differently than a current DN led sith team. If you have SiTrooper's unique omega'd, he gains taunt on the first Sith Special used, then retribution on the second. On a DN team with Dooku and Sidious or Palp, he probably has that before the other team moves.

R2 isn't doing anything that SiTrooper can't already do, except giving him foresight to avoid one attack.

Completely agree, not to mention throw a B2 or another dispeller on the other team and all of that stuff is worthless, there's no need for all of the sith to be stealthed if sith trooper is taunting anyways, this makes no difference at all
  • Yes, this would work!
    Oh never mind
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Zombie961 wrote: »

If the AI targets the same way it does in ships it will go on the highest HP toon on the team, basically just gonna have to make sure Zid or Nihilus don't get more health than Trooper and that part should work

I am not sure the team would work though, at least on my shard it's useless to put Sith Trooper in a team because every team that doesn't have Nihilus has some other single or double dispel so essentially Trooper can't regain taunt or retribution until it's already dispelled again.
    PR01Zeus wrote: »

Completely agree, not to mention throw a B2 or another dispeller on the other team and all of that stuff is worthless, there's no need for all of the sith to be stealthed if sith trooper is taunting anyways, this makes no difference at all

Now, I'll tell you who this would be fun with. Dooku. Make them attack Dooku under Nihilus lead.
    Agree with Inyan. Dooku actually has enough attack power to restore more health than he loses upon attack. Sith trooper doesn't do enough damage, hence doesn't steal enough health and will be defeatet. Unless you can make him hit hard enough, but I don't know whether that's possible.

Final thought, I need R2, just for this very effect!!!
    You can't choose the ally for smoke screen? Would make the ability utterly useless.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Agree with Inyan. Dooku actually has enough attack power to restore more health than he loses upon attack. Sith trooper doesn't do enough damage, hence doesn't steal enough health and will be defeatet. Unless you can make him hit hard enough, but I don't know whether that's possible.

I'm not quite sure you know how high SiT's defense is. He can take a lot of fire and still stand, after I used him under Savage lead and saw him still in yellow after taking 2 Wiggs assists AFTER his protection was gone already I realised how crazy it can be with the right set of mods
    KeKattia wrote: »

I'm not quite sure you know how high SiT's defense is. He can take a lot of fire and still stand, after I used him under Savage lead and saw him still in yellow after taking 2 Wiggs assists AFTER his protection was gone already I realised how crazy it can be with the right set of mods

Yeah, but that is with the defensive boost from Savage. Under Nihilus, all he gets is health steal. If heal immunity gets applied to him, he's a goner. I use a full DN lead sith team in GW, and it never fails, I run into a Sidious that tags him with heal immunity, and sometimes he doesn't make it out of the battle.

Grant it, my SiTrooper is only G8 with 28k combined health/protection, but still. He gets beat down quick when the health steal isn't working because of heal immunity.

And his attack is weak. He doesn't recover much health from his basic.
    KeKattia wrote: »

Yeah, but that is with the defensive boost from Savage. Under Nihilus, all he gets is health steal. If heal immunity gets applied to him, he's a goner. I use a full DN lead sith team in GW, and it never fails, I run into a Sidious that tags him with heal immunity, and sometimes he doesn't make it out of the battle.

Grant it, my SiTrooper is only G8 with 28k combined health/protection, but still. He gets beat down quick when the health steal isn't working because of heal immunity.

It might work with a different lead than Nihilus if you give the hits to savage because that will give him healing in itself (assuming you have the zeta and he doesn't have healing immunity). Savage will get bonus turn meter and bonuses along with the healing, he is pretty tanky as well

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member

Savage lead "only" gives him 75% defense, that's about 5% armour depending on mods. My trooper has 39.5% armour before his unique, haven't seen him get hit for more than 10k even under Nihilus or Maul lead. At 85k health and prot and counters for 4-5k he does survive quite a bit as long as Savage is fast enough