What is the best capital ship?

tkl
295 posts Member
Im thinking between ackbar or mace but i just dont know which one i should run with

Replies

• Mace's is "the best" but it takes practice to use. Some people think Ackbar is broken, but when I play against a Home 1 team they take MAYBE 3 turns the whole match to my 4 to 6 turns with Endurance. On offense, Mace certainly is the best.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    ackbar is real nice, especially when running with scimitar
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    so tarkin is the worst and mace is the best?
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    I should work on mace now lol
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    I'm a big fan of tarkin. Nothing like your ties going crazy and hitting for 80k+. Depends on your ships tho
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Mazurka wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of tarkin. Nothing like your ties going crazy and hitting for 80k+. Depends on your ships tho

Yea i heard tarkin is great on offense
  • My best ships are
    Ashoka
    Consular
    Biggs
    Wedge
    Gs

Subs are sunfac tie pilot and 555

Am I correct in assuming home one is my best option
  • Mace is if you have good tanks like Biggs or fives complimented by reliable target lockers. Ackbar is good if you have followups or counterattack ships galore.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    tkl wrote: »

Great on D too, I haven't dropped out of the top 10 in a long time
  • Four target-lockers and a Biggs, and Mace spams his special (Fortune Favors the Bold) every turn and Biggs regains protection and taunts long enough (i.e. lasts long enough) for you to do some serious damage.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »
    Four target-lockers and a Biggs, and Mace spams his special (Fortune Favors the Bold) every turn and Biggs regains protection and taunts long enough (i.e. lasts long enough) for you to do some serious damage.

Dang i should invest in mace now
  • tkl wrote: »
    Four target-lockers and a Biggs, and Mace spams his special (Fortune Favors the Bold) every turn and Biggs regains protection and taunts long enough (i.e. lasts long enough) for you to do some serious damage.

I'm biased, because I use him. Ackbar and Tarkin are useful elsewhere in the game, though, and Mace has limited uses elsewhere. If it's ships you're after though, Mace is your dude.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member

I'm biased, because I use him. Ackbar and Tarkin are useful elsewhere in the game, though, and Mace has limited uses elsewhere. If it's ships you're after though, Mace is your dude.

Yea i use ackbar for my rebels squad but i wanna place higher in fleet so i could buy more shards in the fleet store
  • tkl wrote: »

Yea i use ackbar for my rebels squad but i wanna place higher in fleet so i could buy more shards in the fleet store

The rewards are comparable across the board. It's not as drastic between ranks as arena.
    If you're getting 1000 -- 1200 a day, I wouldn't push it too much. Unless you really like fleet arena. :D
  • I don't know if one ship is heads and shoulders above the rest. I run Tarkin and have no trouble beating Mace or Akbar. Tarkin's is probably the leAast desirable due to lack of ships to have synergy with him.
  • Carbonari wrote: »
    The rewards are comparable across the board. It's not as drastic between ranks as arena.
    If you're getting 1000 -- 1200 a day, I wouldn't push it too much. Unless you really like fleet arena. :D
    I really like Fleet Arena, I'm not playing too much as it's always lagging.

Lost a few victories due to the game crashing. Also "lost" victory once due to the Ackbar ship animation lagged, it was 3 on 1, and all Home One had to do was shoot. It took 20 seconds (maybe 25) to fire, by the time the enemy ship did it's twirl and exploded, it said Timed Out, Draw!
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Mace is an easy character to gear. If you have a good tfp, tofp, 5's, tie advance, biggs, jc i would recommend going Mace. His ultimate special really needs to be maxed out tho to be worth using imo (invulnerable +offense up for one turn). If you use it when opponent has low tm its pretty much wasted but with the offense up its worth using whenever it's off cooldown. Plus with all the target locked enemies you can spam the aoe and get the ultimate off cooldown well before any other capital ship.

Mace is a defensive capital ship so he holds pretty well on defense. I run mace and have no issues beating other teams. Only times I lose is when rng is against me and when that happens nothing can be done. (i.e you land no target locks first round and opponent lands every one with tofp hitting both attacks, and they actually focus down fotp or tie advance = game over).
  • There's not an easily "best" capital ship.
    -
    There's good old Ackbar. A Rebel with lots of utility and the Home One is fun to play.
    A good mixture of offense and defense.
    Usually/often comes with Biggs in his starting squad and Scimitar in reinforcements.
    Most shards have like 2 of 3 top spots occupied by Ackbar players.

-

Then, there's Tarkin. That's a lot of damage! And the only Dark Side capital ship.
    He can utilize those Tie fighters like no other.
    Comes mostly with scary damage dealers and abuses synergies of the ties or huge aoe damages like Slave 1.
    Target-locking all day long. Might even be more fun to play than Ackbar, at least if you fell for that cookie and joined the Dark Side.

-

Last but not least: Mace.
    He's the lame guy. Remember Mace from the movies? His ship is even less exciting.
    Mace holds quite well on defense because nobody wants to battle an Endurance. And some of those who do fall asleep or get distracted by their TVs or other smartphone apps.
    Mace fleets tend to pick up all that salvage the others don't use or what's just too boring and time consuming on battle. Rex, Clone Serge, Umbaranian, Plo Koon - even Resistance fighters have been spotted.
    Strong Mace fleets also work on target-locks. But Mace even brings that on his auto to make sure you don't need a good setup.
    If you dislike the people in your shard and your roster is messed up from farming Mace and Plo or you're a whole-hearted clones player - then the Endurance is your best bet.
  • Ackbar has a great capital ship, but you have to have Scimitar to take advantage of it. Throw retaliation on Biggs under Ackbar's lead and he is super hard to kill. Add in a bunch of target locks and some cleanse and you can often beat equal strength teams without losing protection off any of your ships.
  • The main factor to your fleet is your crew members.
    I'd base my choice on the roster.
    A Wiggs and zMaul player should pick Ackbar, a FO/Empire/Dark Side player should pick Tarkin and a Clones or non-meta-Jedi player will have to go with Mace. If you favour Geonosians you might even keep some resources waiting for a seperatist fleet commander.

Your best capital is the one that best synergizes with your roster :smile:
    To play efficiently I suggest basing your commander on your roster and not your roster on your fleet commander.
  • Dakk
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2017

That's the illusion this game tries to create. You are never 'on offence' or 'on defense'. Every single battle is the same, you versus the AI. When it refers to Tarkin's ship being good offensively, it means the abilities it offers are oriented toward offensive bonuses. While Home One's are oriented more toward defensive bonuses.

The difference really is about the same as 'white' vs 'black' in chess.

The AI itself is the same level of skill for everyone, so if you can find the cracks in its armor and exploit them (there are many), you can win more often.

• Dakk wrote: »

That's the illusion this game tries to create. You are never 'on offence' or 'on defense'. Every single battle is the same, you versus the AI. When it refers to Tarkin's ship being good offensively, it means the abilities it offers are oriented toward offensive bonuses. While Home One's are oriented more toward defensive bonuses.

The difference really is about the same as 'white' vs 'black' in chess.

The AI itself is the same level of skill for everyone, so if you can find the cracks in its armor and exploit them (there are many), you can win more often.

Absolutely wrong :o
    The AI works based on the character you pick.
    Take Phasma for example.. Every player with phasma on his arena team will use his turn meter boost first on offence. Until they recently patched that, phasma under AI control used to always hit his AoE first. While a JE or SA on defence would always use his turn meter boost first. That's a huge disadvantage to phasma players. Aka phasma worked badly on defense.
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    And of course it matters a lot whether people will even fight you.
    If I can fight Rebels without Rex or zMaul, I will fight the Rebels. If I can fight Ackbar or Mace, I will fight Ackbar.
    Maces are attacked less, thus dropping less and holding rank better.

(sorry for double-posting but editing is too buggy)
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    so tarkin is the worst and mace is the best?

I wouldn't call him the worst. I think he has the potential to be really good but the amount of Empire ships is still lacking compared to other factions (Rebels and Galactic Republic).