Is Zader in Heroic Pit a bug or will it stay?

Prev1
I'm approaching my first zeta decision time and want to be sure I'm making the right decision here.

I run an Empire team in Arena with Vader so I thought making him the leader instead of EP plus using it in the pit raid would be a nice two birds one stone.

But are we sure the thing that happens with his TMR switching phases will stay or is it considered as a bug by the devs and therefore will be removed at some point?

Has anyone heard this as a bug on a to do list for the devs?

Thx in advance

Replies

• Options
    i dont think its a bug. i have a zader led team w/ dooku, royal guard, palpatine & tie fighter pilot. using this team (equipped w/ 60-80% potency), im able to dish it out & kill the pigs (phase 1) in one straight battle using autoplay & scoring about 3m damage in the process. however, there are rare times that the pigs are able to squeeze in a few hits (some of my guildmates tell me that i need to swap in a toon that guarantees a tmr to compensate for the lapses of zaders leader ability like teebo or rex), making me easy prey for the rancor. since i got zader, ive become more effective in pit raids (w/in top 10) & the arena (staying in thes 51-100 rank), swapping him & palpatine for leadership every now & then. some vids also show hes good for phase 2/3 of haat (but i have yet to try it though). zader is a very good toon. flexible too.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    I have also been wondering about this, but I think there is a bug.

The amount of TM reduction from P1 to P4 increases dramatically. If I hit the rancor once in P4, he looses almost all TM (or maybe all). Definitely more than 20%, though!
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    I have also been wondering about this, but I think there is a bug.

The amount of TM reduction from P1 to P4 increases dramatically. If I hit the rancor once in P4, he looses almost all TM (or maybe all). Definitely more than 20%, though!

really? i though that, as you progress, the rancor becomes more susceptible to damage as stated in the raid description + the fact that zaders tmr cannot be prevented whatsoever. if that's the case, why hasnt ea looked into this? if they ever do, zader will get nerfed big time & those of us who invested in it end up losing big time.

hmm...

:neutral:
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Phase 4 is where rancor tenacity is the highest. So it's a stacked bug
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    Options
    It is definitly BUG, the lead does apply itself in addition in each phase.
    Meaning the lead work fine in Phase 1, then it is working twice in phase 2 and so on...

So you can use it until it is fixed (maybe he wont ever be ?) but dont Zeta Vader just for the rancor though..
  • Options
    It's a confirmed bug. You can find it if you look in the bug section.

Will/when will they fix it? Hard to say. You could zeta Vader if you want. If/when they fix the bug, I'm sure they will return the mats just like they did when they fixed Zarriss.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Will/when will they fix it? Hard to say. You could zeta Vader if you want. If/when they fix the bug, I'm sure they will return the mats just like they did when they fixed Zarriss.

I'd be surprised if it was fixed anytime soon considering it only has a large impact in the one raid, which can be solo'd using other teams anyways. If/when they release new content that will be affected, that is when it will fixed I would bet.
  • Options
    The bug only takes effect when you transition a phase and you can still solo P1 with Zader, so it's not like he's a terrible option for Rancor even if they do fix the bug. With enough speed I think you'd still get through P1-P3 with him without the bug (though I haven't tried)

Besides that he's useful in hAAT P2, and isn't too shabby in arena - I don't think he's a bad pick whatever happens.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I actually don't think they've confirmed it's a bug - just that's it's being looked in to (I did some research on it a few days ago, but I may be wrong if something was posted I didn't catch). I really think they should make a clear call on it though because if that is change it really reduces zDV's value a lot. Personally I feel it's likely a bug, but the silence this long...I don't know what they're going to say. I thought guild hopping at first should have been a bug out the gate, but it wasn't for the longest.

Kylo's zeta is another one that it would be nice to hear clearly on for P1 HAAT. Both of those have huge impact to toon value / zeta value if they are changed.

I think the zDV one is extra sticky though because this particular bug seemed to have come about after they "fixed" him - so really any player should have felt he was WAI at that point.
  • Options
    It seems to be the same in multi stage battles too. I sometimes replay some dark side nodes just to alleviate the boredom of farming cuffs, etc, and the TM reduction does seem to stack by the final encounter. Think it was the same in the Places of Power event last time around too. I've had great fun with Vader since I slapped the zeta on him and although I don't use his lead in arena any more he did me proud for a long time. He can be extremely useful in GW too although this won't be affected if they decide it is a bug that needs fixing.
  • Options
    It is a bug. Vader's TM removal is more than intended on an encounter beyond the first of a battle and/or raid. I cannot give a date as to when it will be fixed, other than "soon".
  • Options
    It is a bug. Vader's TM removal is more than intended on an encounter beyond the first of a battle and/or raid. I cannot give a date as to when it will be fixed, other than "soon".

That's clear enough, thanks a lot!
  • Options

Well I hope with this "fix" comes the zeta back option like you did for barriss. This would be what? The 3rd nerf to Vader since you gave him a zeta.
  • Options
    Romarrene wrote: »

Well I hope with this "fix" comes the zeta back option like you did for barriss. This would be what? The 3rd nerf to Vader since you gave him a zeta.

Quit whining. It wouldn't be a nerf, but rather a bug fix that gave him more than his description says.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

Quit whining. It wouldn't be a nerf, but rather a bug fix that gave him more than his description says.

+1
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    This was so obviously bugged it is hard to imagine anyone who has been taking advantage of it in rancor for the last months was unaware
  • Trubadu
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dundadarr wrote: »
    This was so obviously bugged it is hard to imagine anyone who has been taking advantage of it in rancor for the last months was unaware

Even if, it's such a long time since this issue has been made public without CG making any statement if it's going to be fixed or if it's gonna stay like that because it's WAI.
    This forced a lot of players to use their 2nd or 3rd zeta on vader just for the rancor if they didn't want to lose grip and end up place 20+ in stronger guilds where a lot of people were already able to solo it with their zader.

Thats the real reason why mats should be refunded if they ever change the way zader works in rancor.

Edit: spelling
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Trubadu wrote: »

Even if, it's such a long time since this issue has been made public without CG making any statement if it's going to be fixed or if it's gonna stay like that because it's WAI.
    This forced a lot of players to use their 2nd or 3rd zeta on vader just for the rancor if they didn't want to lose grip and end up place 20+ in stronger guilds where a lot of people were already able to solo it with their zader.

Thats the real reason why mats should be refunded if they ever change the way zader works in rancor.

Give it up! You're comical at best.

If you needed Zader to solo Rancor, IMO, you were just a 2nd best player in the 1st place. This will help put the real players back on top.

I guess I can complain all the times I came in 2nd or 3rd on HAAT, due to the phase to phase bug they just fixed last night (after over 6 months), owes me back mods and abilities and rewards, huh? Whatever.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

Players should give back rewards gain in Rancor gain with Zader as well then.
  • Options

If you needed Zader to solo Rancor, IMO, you were just a 2nd best player in the 1st place. This will help put the real players back on top.

I guess I can complain all the times I came in 2nd or 3rd on HAAT, due to the phase to phase bug they just fixed last night (after over 6 months), owes me back mods and abilities and rewards, huh? Whatever.

What phase to phase bug was there in HAAT?
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

What phase to phase bug was there in HAAT?

The same as rancor. if you were in a phase when it completed, then when you started the next phase all the cd's were off cooldown, like the fire aoe in p2, for example.
  • Options

This
  • Options

I thought this was fixed weeks ago since they have done a few fixes on him
  • Options

People should not get back their Zetas for Vader. People got them back for Barriss because CG changed the way the Zeta work - it was originally "all the time", which was deemed to powerful, so was changed to "while Barriss is active". This is reasonable, you buy something, it gets changed, you get a refund.

With Vader, you are getting more than you bought, it isn't working as intended and needs to be fixed. What you will have after it is fixed is the Zeta Vader that you should have had all along. If you expect a refund because you bought into something that you knew was broken, honestly, that's you problem and CG shouldn't refund you for it.
  • Options
    The zeta hasn't changed everyone no need for a panic or a refund at all.

They are probably looking at altering the phase to phase setup in the raid and also ls/ds & cantina battles.

Awesome - nothing changes with zader himself. That's great news right because everyone got themselves a zader because they just love a villain. Right???
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    I put on a zeta on my vader. Idc if they refund it (i have 20 zeta materials sitting unused anyways), but I think it is funny how up in arms people get over someone else getting one.
  • Options
    I put on a zeta on my vader. Idc if they refund it (i have 20 zeta materials sitting unused anyways), but I think it is funny how up in arms people get over someone else getting one.

No, we just get sick of folks always attempting to take advantage of the system to 1 up others.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

No, we just get sick of folks always attempting to take advantage of the system to 1 up others.

Man, step out of your bubble for one minute for once in your life.
  • Options

+1, bro
    I gave Vader my first Zeta in order to use him in the Pit and on AAT p3. First fix made it useless on AAT p3 and now they tell us that it will be useless in the pit. That's a bit unfair.
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    churepan wrote: »

+1, bro
    I gave Vader my first Zeta in order to use him in the Pit and on AAT p3. First fix made it useless on AAT p3 and now they tell us that it will be useless in the pit. That's a bit unfair.

But you did so KNOWING the risk. Also, I doubt he'll be useless in the pit.