Imperial Trooper Updates - ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev1345
Below is the breakdown of changes for the Imperial Troopers. Please note these changes will not be visible in game until the next game update.
IMPERIAL TROOPERS

Death Trooper
  • Now has the "Imperial Trooper" category.
Unique: Krennic's Guard
  • Gains: "While Death Trooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +10% Health Steal."

Magmatrooper

Basic: Line of Fire
  • Secondary damage no longer excludes selected target.
  • Damage Penalty reduced by 5% at all levels.
  • Upgrade 6 now grants +10% Damage instead of +5% Damage.
  • Upgrade 7 now grants +15% Damage instead of +5% Damage.
  • Omega: Now adds +50% (up from +15%) Secondary Attack Chance and -10% Damage Penalty.

Special 1: Thermal Imploder
  • Upgrade 5 now grants +10% Damage instead of +5% Damage.
  • Omega: Now adds +30% Turn Meter Reduction Chance in addition to previous bonus of +15% Damage.

Unique: Hazard Training
  • Gains: "While Magmatrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +30% Tenacity."
  • Omega: Now adds +10% Turn Meter Gain in addition to previous bonus of +5% Tenacity.

Shoretrooper

Special: Regroup
  • Now grants Health and Critical Immunity to Shoretrooper.

Unique: Stand Guard
  • Gains: "While Shoretrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +10% Max Health."

Snowtrooper

Basic: Assault Shock Troops
  • Upgrade 7 now grants +10% Damage instead of +5% Damage.
  • Omega: Now adds +15% Damage in addition to previous bonus of +15% Ability Block Chance.

Special 1: Overwhelming Assault
  • Base description now reads: "Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns."
  • Upgrades 3 and 6 now grant +10% Damage instead of +5% Damage.
  • Upgrades 7 now grant +15% Damage instead of +5% Damage.
  • Omega: Now adds "For each Critical Hit scored, reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1" instead of +15% Damage.
  • Final description now reads: "Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns. For each Critical Hit scored, reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1."

Unique: Assault Training
  • Gains: "While Snowtrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +20% Critical Damage."

Stormtrooper

Basic: Imperial Marksmanship
  • Omega: Gains "If this attack does not score a Critical Hit, or is Evaded, the target becomes Exposed, which can't be Resisted"

Special 1: Stormtrooper Bravado
  • Omega: Now adds +50% Turn Meter Reduction Chance in addition to previous bonus of Taunt Duration + 1.

Unique: Wall of Stormtroopers
  • Reworked to grant 25-40% Defense for each living Empire ally.
  • Gains: "While Stormtrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +30% Defense."
  • NEW ZETA: Stormtrooper gains 40% Offense for each defeated Empire ally

Replies

• Excited to see a vid
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    Why'd you keep that -10% minimum damage on stormtrooper
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Nojow wrote: »
    Why'd you keep that -10% minimum damage on stormtrooper

Haha cuz its hilarious
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Poor stormtrooper. Idk how he will ever get to use his zeta.
  • Sweet. Looks like a fun team
  • @EA_Jesse why didn't Tarkin get a rework?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Stormtrooper always dies first, how is that zeta any good?
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Hm. The "imperial trooper" sub faction of the empire faction is kind of like the "Phoenix" of the rebels. I like that their uniques benefit each other but don't require a specific leader.
  • It's good to see these guys all get stronger. Buffing terrible toons is a plus. So I like this. Good job devs.

That said, I don't think this changes all that much for us that are "end game". Magma Trooper will be a beast in a Vader Pit team. But other than that I don't see a lot of utility in arena or raids here. They get bonuses with Veers for getting buffs but there aren't many opportunities for that. Nothing here makes me wish I had these guys.
  • I approve of all of this. Having Stormtrooper actually function as the anti-STHan makes him genuinely decent (so long as you can mod him enough to let him survive a decent number of attacks).
  • Now to figure out which 4 work best. Or just ignore stormtrooper since he's the lowest geared
  • War wrote: »

I am not sure how much EHP the 200% defense represents, but that zeta is very useless. Bit if combined with Shore I see a good combo here that can keep him alive. Does he still grants defense up as well when taunting?
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Mmmm, Looks like Magma improvements will make my stubbornness to keep Zader and never zMaul in arena finally pay off!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    War wrote: »

I am not sure how much EHP the 200% defense represents, but that zeta is very useless. Bit if combined with Shore I see a good combo here that can keep him alive. Does he still grants defense up as well when taunting?

He should still be granting Defense Up and be a lot tankier, but he taunts for 3 turns, he's going to die first. If he's not dying first, it means more important characters are dying around him, when as a tank he should be protecting them.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Do the troopers themselves benefit from their unique gain?
    Ex: does shore get +10% health ?
  • zhtd17 wrote: »
    Ex: does shore gets +10% health ?

don't see why not. magma is getting +100% tenacity
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    zhtd17 wrote: »

Where does that come from? 30 from his own unique. 30 from that he grants to imperials. What else?
  • Iffy
    55 posts Member
    I might gear Magma to 11 if the damage increase is significant. With Stormtrooper's zeta it would be funny to see how much damage he'll do by himself and if it might be worth putting all defense mods on him.

Maybe a double tank with Shore and Storm could work decently.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    stumpoman wrote: »

I hope so, I'm asking because it reads: imperial troopers allies gain..
    So don't know if a given trooper is considered an ally to himself?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    stumpoman wrote: »

I hope so, I'm asking because it reads: imperial troopers allies gain..
    So don't know if a given trooper is considered an ally to himself?

Effects not applied to self are usually written as each other ally.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    War wrote: »

Effects not applied to self are usually written as each other ally.

Ok great, thanks for clarification
  • stumpoman wrote: »

Where does that come from? 30 from his own unique. 30 from that he grants to imperials. What else?

I read it wrong. took the original 60% TM gain, added the new 10% TM, then added the 30% tenacity.
  • @CGkozispoon will the troopers also have some stats changed? like storm?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Is Magmatrooper going get a bug fix with the update? He still isn't gaining TM when debuffed while already debuffed.
  • Weak... all I can say is weak
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    So is Imperial Thuper commando an imperial trooper? Guess not
  • So, who would be the best leader for these troopers?
  • So, who would be the best leader for these troopers?

Some people say there are no dumb questions... to that I say, allow me to introduce exhibit A
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    So, who would be the best leader for these troopers?

Some people say there are no dumb questions... to that I say, allow me to introduce exhibit A
    There are 6 options for leader. They are still Empire. I don't know why you would pick Tarkin though
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    So, who would be the best leader for these troopers?

Not thinking just arena. For example does a Zader benefit from magma in raids?
This discussion has been closed.