Places of Power Assault Battle Major Lag

Prev1
Is anybody else experiencing huge lag on the Places of Power event? I didn't have any such problems last time around but it was practically unplayable on my tablet. I tried rebooting the device several times but to no avail so I switched to my Samsung Galaxy S7 and it was almost as bad. The rest of the game is behaving as normal but the lag seems to increase with each encounter. I captured a short video on the last encounter to illustrate my point. I'm not complaining, simply pointing out there may be a problem unless of course it's just me experiencing this. It's a shame as I really enjoy this event despite the meager rewards - I mean seriously Mk6 Biotech Implant on extremely difficult? Even worse I got 5 MkIV Stun Guns on the middle tier (I already have 1100 of these). Would it have been too much to ask for a few cuffs?

Here's the video link anyway:
https://youtu.be/DE-qWb3lksE

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    So i wasn't the only one...

Normally i dont have much of a problem with lag, and if i ever experience it, i just ignore it, but if its happening to other people there's probably somehing going on.
  • Options
    I am playing on my iphone 6s and experiencing bad lag also. Really annoying!
  • Options
    I did all 3 tiers and didn't have any such problems, although I did it right when it started.
  • Options
    Glad it's not just me!
  • Options
    I didn't notice any problems. Could be stealth mechanic causing the issue? I ran a DN lead.
  • Options
    That's something I did consider. Was anybody else using Zaul lead when you experienced lag? Last time around I used Zader and didn't have any problems.
  • Athena
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Might be stealth, I ran one tier with EP lead and had minimal issues then ran with Zaul lead and it froze after horrific lag
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    That's something I did consider. Was anybody else using Zaul lead when you experienced lag? Last time around I used Zader and didn't have any problems.

I was using zaul
  • Options
    I also got serious lag...
  • Options

I was using Zaul too
  • Options
    Must be that then. It seemed to clear up once you were down to just a couple of enemies as you can see in the clip.
  • TWD_Negan
    373 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I can confirm zaul causes lag. Issue seems to be that advantage notification stacks per phase, such that phase 5 flashes advantage 5 times for example.

I just led with palpatine to beat it.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Can you look into this please? Thanks
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Major lag here too. Using zMaul
  • Options
    That was the longest event ever, but is was cool seeing ep lightning in slow motion and then freeze.
  • Options
    No lag for me but i used DN(L)
  • Options
    +1 used zaul lead. Really annoying
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This issue appears to be related to using a Darth Maul lead with a zeta'd ability. We will investigate this issue for the next time we run this event. However in the meantime I recommend you do not use a Maul leader for this event.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    El oh el
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    This issue appears to be related to using a Darth Maul lead with a zeta'd ability. We will investigate this issue for the net time we run this event. However in the meantime I recommend you do not use a Maul leader for this event.

+1 to CG acknowledgment of bugs
  • Options
    Also issue with Zaul on iPhone 7 plus.
  • Options
    Np here. Auto'd to the last bit, then Nihilus one-shotted Kenobi. Never lost a toon.
  • Options
    Maul lead, massive problems. The word 'advantage' kept flickering above my toons
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Options
    @CG_CapGaSP Thank you for acknowledging this issue, it's good to know you are on the ball with this, we really appreciate your speedy response.
  • Options
    Hey All,

We're still looking into this right now. As soon as we have another update I'll share here.

Thanks.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I used my zeta maul on all three attempts. The only phase that I got of on was the 8th encounter, but it wasn't even unplayable. Just slowed it down a bit. I absolutely love using maul on this event. So many Jedi to one hit kill. Lol. Please let us do this event more often.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    This issue appears to be related to using a Darth Maul lead with a zeta'd ability. We will investigate this issue for the next time we run this event. However in the meantime I recommend you do not use a Maul leader for this event.

I completed the event with Zaul leader. There was a lag but I just worked through it. Although I did start about a minute after it appeared.
  • Kevo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely a Maul issue. So good to see responses from CG.
  • Options
    We found the issue and are fixing/testing it now. Will update again once the fix is live.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Thanks @EA_Jesse that was quick. Great work guys.