RIP Poe... Welcome the Era of Speed Leadership...

Replies

• If qgj leader skill does indeed give spd to all allies and not just jedis (at level 80) it should definitely be nerfed until the next cap increase so it continues to only benefit jedis.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    gives the ability for dozens of characters to now reach tier 1 speed before Poe, which was his main issue prior to this update.

Poe's speed was not the issue. It was his ability to manipulate the turn meter of the opposing team. But, I'm undecided on this change though.

Well, his speed most definitely was an issue. If he had 100 speed, his turn meter wouldn't be that big of a deal. But, this change to QGJ is 100 times worse than Poe. Mainly because speed INCREASES stay with you, thus each turn you are gaining a speed advantage over your opponent. Poe was a one time shot.
  • RayRevan wrote: »
    If qgj leader skill does indeed give spd to all allies and not just jedis (at level 80) it should definitely be nerfed until the next cap increase so it continues to only benefit jedis.

I don't think it does.. I used him with all Jedis and he went last.

• This is not the no Poe everyone has been asking for. Tanks should have a place in the meta. This change further refuces the effectiveness of most tanks. The game should include tanks who shield team mates from the start of the battle. Now it is even more about speed and damage.
  • People who actually farmed Han and Ackbar are about to dominate. It's gonna be a blooooodbath.

I really like this change, it doesn't change the speed + damage meta really, but it makes for a lot more viable team makeups.
  • I hope you realize the only speed leaders I see in arena are the occasional nightsister teams I walk over. This means simply that if you abuse Poe like I currently do, you will have to avoid QGJ led teams after the update. And QGJ is already a soft counter to Poe so...meh...
  • Barrok wrote: »
    gives the ability for dozens of characters to now reach tier 1 speed before Poe, which was his main issue prior to this update.

Poe's speed was not the issue. It was his ability to manipulate the turn meter of the opposing team. But, I'm undecided on this change though.

Well, his speed most definitely was an issue. If he had 100 speed, his turn meter wouldn't be that big of a deal. But, this change to QGJ is 100 times worse than Poe. Mainly because speed INCREASES stay with you, thus each turn you are gaining a speed advantage over your opponent. Poe was a one time shot.

lol, absolutely... things are going to get even more chaotic than they were in the past. I hope CG has some plan for slowing down the pacing of Arena, otherwise...
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • So we will finally see some different leaders other than Phasma and Sidious. B)
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    I hope you realize the only speed leaders I see in arena are the occasional nightsister teams I walk over. This means simply that if you abuse Poe like I currently do, you will have to avoid QGJ led teams after the update. And QGJ is already a soft counter to Poe so...meh...

Except everyone can see your team now... so all QGJ teams will snipe you.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    I hope you realize the only speed leaders I see in arena are the occasional nightsister teams I walk over. This means simply that if you abuse Poe like I currently do, you will have to avoid QGJ led teams after the update. And QGJ is already a soft counter to Poe so...meh...
    Err... don't you think that the lack of speed leaders in arena might be related with the fact that speed leadership didn't work?
    I fully spect a lot more Ackbar leaded teams soon. Probably Lobot leaded teams too. And QGJ will be much more prevalent.
    You can dodge those teams, ofcourse, but now they can beat you easier than before, so your position will fall more while defending.
    Also, we don't know what more speed leaders we are going to get, and we don't know which other teams will get out. Emperor Palpatine alone might make Moff Tarkin viable as a leader.
  • Lol - Poe goes from the hunter to the hunted.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ackbar as leader = 175 speed for Leia gear 8, which means THE UNIQUE CHARACTER AT SPEED TIER 5 in the game. WOW!!!

The combo: Ackbar + Leia + Han Solo will rule :)
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Correct, but his turn meter manipulation is not that big of an issue if he isn't tier 1 speed. If he had 142 speed he wouldn't be nearly as powerful. The issue with Poe was that he potentially allowed his entire team to go before the enemy team had a chance to take a turn.

I updated the PS note just for clarification.

I agree. But as you said his speed by itself was not the issue. Having tier 1 speed made him the only meta viable tank, but the inclusion of the meter manipulation broke the game.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, this is glorious. Did Jedi just return to the meta?

Yes. I just switched out my leader from Phasma to QGJ and my jedi went first. I like this! I beat a poe team!!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Personally, I never liked having a tank in my group so this is great. It feels like a wasted space having a tank.

Qgj, yoda, rey, phasma, fotp. Cant wait.

Dooku will definitely make a come back
  • Misanthropist
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I still think a lot of jedi won't be in the same turn as Poe, as much as i know you need a speed of at least 143 to be in the same turn as Poe, so the only jedi who has this much speed are QGJ, Plo-Koon and Jedi Knight Anakin.
    This is true if the Team Instinct's speed guide is correct.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Lobot +23 speed do not allow any of the droids to break the 143 break point, so it's not going to change things for droids.

Except for the fact that QGJ teams are going to shred droids into pieces, that is. Pretty accurate, movie wise :p
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Leia breaks the tick6 barrier with ackbar.
  • Gald my
    qgj is 7*
    Ackbar. 4* but ready to be 7*
    Ventress 5* ready to be 7*

Finally all the time n energy I've but in to nightsisters and rebel squads will pay off....n I can just drop in my poe where ever now muhahaha
  • I still think a lot of jedi won't be in the same turn as Poe, as much as i know you need a speed of at least 143 to be in the same turn as Poe, so the only jedi who has this much speed are QGJ, Plo-Koon and JNA.
    The developers have said that our guide is not correct, but they have also failed to give any speed explanation which properly matches up to what we experience in game. So I take anything devs say with a grain of salt.

That being said, Old Ben should only have 135 speed with the QGJ leadership ability but as you can see in the opening picture, he most definitely goes before Poe.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • So qgj will still be a turn 7 hero with the speed leader buff old Ben will be turn 8. You are still looking at a coin toss
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I PMed Jesse to ask him to inquire about this. It's a major change not in the patch notes and seems like something they wouldn't have left out if it was deliberate.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • So Plo Koon and Eeth Koth are the new rising stars!
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I run QJ and Ben and I really can not complain about this at all. :)

I'm dying to try out my little 4 star Ben lol
  • Ackbar + Han + Leia + Luke + whatever, will rule the galaxy. Too bad I only have Han
  • oTradeMark wrote: »
    I still think a lot of jedi won't be in the same turn as Poe, as much as i know you need a speed of at least 143 to be in the same turn as Poe, so the only jedi who has this much speed are QGJ, Plo-Koon and JNA.
    The developers have said that our guide is not correct, but they have also failed to give any speed explanation which properly matches up to what we experience in game. So I take anything devs say with a grain of salt.

That being said, Old Ben should only have 135 speed with the QGJ leadership ability but as you can see in the opening picture, he most definitely goes before Poe.

i think that the picture in the first post is based off of a non-max speed poe. i just verified i was fighting a max speed poe, and with QGJ leading, their poe went before my ben.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I still think a lot of jedi won't be in the same turn as Poe, as much as i know you need a speed of at least 143 to be in the same turn as Poe, so the only jedi who has this much speed are QGJ, Plo-Koon and JNA.

Eeth Koth has 128, will break into tick 7 with QGJ. Also Kit Fist, Jedi Knight Anakin and Plo Koon. Luminara, Ima Gundi and others are just a few points shy.

But MORE important. Obiwan Kenobi WON'T. So the picture in the OP is meaningless. That opposing Poe wasn't gear 8, (or everything we know about speed is wrong, or speed as a whole has changed in the patch)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Eleiem wrote: »
    Ackbar + Han + Leia + Luke + whatever, will rule the galaxy. Too bad I only have Han

I have Han and Luke. I guess it's time to start farming ol' fishface...
  • Something isnt right, my QGJ went before my POE and QGJ isnt leader.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I think that maybe they fixed something and now speed works as intended. Because it was not working as intended, as one of the devs said that the previous guide was wrong (even if the previous guide matched reality)

The dev explanation didn't work then, and still do not explain the picture in the OP (Which, i'm going to ask... was taken in Arena, right? As GW work differently with speed sometimes). The dev in Reddit said that faster chars will always fill the turn meter faster, something that did not match with reality, and do not explain Ben going before Poe.