Possible Veers P3 AAT Team

Looking at the Veers rework and what some of the troopers can do - wanted to get some thoughts either thumbs up or thumbs down on possibilities here. The premise is a fast / heavy hitting TM gaining team under a zDV leader that can remove TM and keep buffs up naturally to mitigate the cannon shot. I'll go in to the base of the mechanics that I see there, but for now assume the following toons get some kind of rework that at least makes them decent generally:

Stormtrooper
Magmatrooper
Snowtrooper

Veers zeta gives troopers 50% TM, 2 turn O up, and 10% protection on enemy death. There are many adds in p3 to kill and for this team to gain a lot of TM / O up and prot just from that. Now I'll go in to the specifics of the 3 above:

Snow: Has a unique that he gains 30% tm on death and all other empire allies gain 15% - so he would gain 80% TM on add deaths and the other 2 troopers would gain 65% with Veers / DV gaining 15%. He also has a nice damage aoe that can be effective if you need to crowd-control the adds at some point.

Storm: 3 turn taunt helps focus fire to him and directs the cannon - but his current kit has 50% chance to remove 10% TM from all enemies when he's damaged. Paired with TM removal under a zDV squad when attacking this is a nice fit - could somewhat help counter the TM gain of the droid when counter attacking. He also gains a sizable amount of defense up from his unique and his taunt special and could be a solid damage soak if he gets buffed with some stats. He will also be gaining protection throughout the match as adds die from Veers zeta 10% prot gain.

Magma: His unique when facing debuffs gives him crazy TM - 60% when he resists or suffers a debuff. he will be moving a lot vs. the droid. AOE that removes a lot of TM, especially under a zDV team when stacked. Needs to have a better damage output on the basic though.

Now back to Veers a bit: Has 70% chance on basic to give speed up to self and 1 trooper - now given how many turns this team will take, not hard to imagine Veers and all 3 troopers having speed up fairly early in the match. He also has a special that calls the 3 trooper allies to assist - which would be 4 total chances to remove TM under zDV.

So in total we have a speed and O up Imperial team that gains A LOT of TM throughout the match, which affords it the chance to remove significant amounts of TM and do damage as a result. Paired with a nice speed down from zDV's aoe, I think this squad could really stretch out P3 pretty good and get a lot of turns in.

The main weakness I see is lack of a cleanser for the AB / O down / heal block - could be a possible deal breaker, but who knows maybe there's something in the update coming to partially address that. Secondarily I worry about Storm holding up for taunt even with the 10% prot gain. He probably needs a solid health / prot bump to get the job done. Also, these toons all mostly have pretty terrible basic attacks - they need to have some kind of update there even with the perma O-up.

Anyway, I think the base is there for a strong p3 squad - keeping fingers crossed they get a legit rework done for the troopers.

Would be curious to see any general comments on the framework laid out here....thx.

Replies

• MPac
    196 posts Member
    Is the only buff speed up from Veers? When that cannon shoots somebody gonna die.
  • MPac wrote: »
    Is the only buff speed up from Veers? When that cannon shoots somebody gonna die.

When adds die all the toopers get O up for 2 turns - and stormtrooper gives all Empire allies D up for 3 turns on his taunt special - and the skill has a 4 turn cooldown. Veers also gives self and Troopers speed up - I think buffs are totally covered here between Veers and Stormtrooper....assuming he can stay alive much of the match.
  • I like your train of thought. I'm figuring that the troopers will see a damage increase with the rework. I definitely think this could be a great phase 3 team.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    I like it as well for phase 3 I would leave out magma though add tfp for more damage
  • Good theory, but those troopers under Zader lead are too slow to have a good result at P3. You will lack speed to control B2 and the droids.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    fberbert wrote: »
    Good theory, but those troopers under Zader lead are too slow to have a good result at P3. You will lack speed to control B2 and the droids.

So are you thinking they can't kill the adds soon enough? Snow trooper will gain 80% TM when just 1 add dies, the other 2 troopers gain 65% TM and Veers / DV gain 15% (zVeers & Snow unique). Vader will speed down the droid, Veers will speed up himself and the Troopers with his basic, all the attacks on the droid can remove TM and while Storm is taunting he has 100% chance to remove 10% TM from all enemies. You don't see that being enough TM and speed control? I was thinking speed / TM control was fine - but not sure how well Stormtrooper can hold up taunting. If he burns out quick it would fall off a good deal I think.
  • I came up whit the same idea, but shore instead of storm.

And same for p4, except dt instead of magma
  • The only imperial trooper is Veers himself.

None of the trooper characters are imperial troopers
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    The only imperial trooper is Veers himself.

None of the trooper characters are imperial troopers
    Until the next update silly
  • Ooo, is there datamined/official information already?
  • fberbert wrote: »
    Good theory, but those troopers under Zader lead are too slow to have a good result at P3. You will lack speed to control B2 and the droids.

So are you thinking they can't kill the adds soon enough? Snow trooper will gain 80% TM when just 1 add dies, the other 2 troopers gain 65% TM and Veers / DV gain 15% (zVeers & Snow unique). Vader will speed down the droid, Veers will speed up himself and the Troopers with his basic, all the attacks on the droid can remove TM and while Storm is taunting he has 100% chance to remove 10% TM from all enemies. You don't see that being enough TM and speed control? I was thinking speed / TM control was fine - but not sure how well Stormtrooper can hold up taunting. If he burns out quick it would fall off a good deal I think.

Before you can do it you will face and entire wave of adds (they are faster than your squad), probably ability block from B2 and after that a cannon blast. You will need 2 turns to begin killing adds to gain TM, this time your squad will be very hurt in my opinion.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha Like the P3 idea. I am as well excited for Veers and Imperial Troopers (although it will take forever to gear them for me). One thing I wanted to point out in my own theory crafting was that if you add Shoretrooper to this lineup, you get more TM gain. Shore's unique reads "Whenever another allied Empire unit uses a special ability, while Shore is taunting, they gain 15% turn meter and Shore recovers 10% health."

So Snowtrooper theoretically can get to 95% TM gain on his aoe with Shore. This is why he is so interesting to me because he basically can do the old Lando double tap aoe if it all stacks and hits for more dmg.

For arena, I was thinking a zDV lead with Sith Assassin, Deathtrooper, Snowtrooper, and Veers against a Rex triple cleanse team would be good. SA basically makes sure your DV can go first and inflict those dots before Rex's tenacity up. And when the Imperial Troopers are throwing down nasty dmg on crits, enemy Rex gains TM yes but it also means more health is coming off with the dots. Add that DT can attack twice on basic vs rebels and daze (on Veers AOE assist too), Snow can ability block on basic, and Veers has a small chance to ability block on AOE & call the other troopers for assist, I like it's potential. DT can crit for 40k+ on his special too. Snow can do about 23k crits on his basic and Veers does like 15k crits on his basic. Of course on defense it probably sucks but hey it's a team without Rex, Chaze, Zaul, Nihilus. And if you face a Zaul lead, then maybe you switch to Veers lead DT Snow GK R2-D2.
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha Like the P3 idea. I am as well excited for Veers and Imperial Troopers (although it will take forever to gear them for me). One thing I wanted to point out in my own theory crafting was that if you add Shoretrooper to this lineup, you get more TM gain. Shore's unique reads "Whenever another allied Empire unit uses a special ability, while Shore is taunting, they gain 15% turn meter and Shore recovers 10% health."

So Snowtrooper theoretically can get to 95% TM gain on his aoe with Shore. This is why he is so interesting to me because he basically can do the old Lando double tap aoe if it all stacks and hits for more dmg.

For arena, I was thinking a zDV lead with Sith Assassin, Deathtrooper, Snowtrooper, and Veers against a Rex triple cleanse team would be good. SA basically makes sure your DV can go first and inflict those dots before Rex's tenacity up. And when the Imperial Troopers are throwing down nasty dmg on crits, enemy Rex gains TM yes but it also means more health is coming off with the dots. Add that DT can attack twice on basic vs rebels and daze (on Veers AOE assist too), Snow can ability block on basic, and Veers has a small chance to ability block on AOE & call the other troopers for assist, I like it's potential. DT can crit for 40k+ on his special too. Snow can do about 23k crits on his basic and Veers does like 15k crits on his basic. Of course on defense it probably sucks but hey it's a team without Rex, Chaze, Zaul, Nihilus. And if you face a Zaul lead, then maybe you switch to Veers lead DT Snow GK R2-D2.

Good stuff - you always had great vision for team comps - going back to Heroes of Dragon Age. I didn't catch the shoretrooper TM synergy there. Those damage totals are impressive - Snowtrooper now is a fully equipped battle-station :)

I like the arena comp - working on some of those pieces now....and yes anything that can win without needing Rex / Chaze / DN / zDM / GK sounds great to me.
  • Thanks and you have always had great vision as well. Snowtrooper is throwing down up to 20k aoes in arena against Chaze teams.

My original vision for a team was to include Kylo and Snow together. Reason being I liked the idea of having those two spamming AoEs every single turn. That could be so annoying to deal with. The problem I was finding was how to round out the team. I guess Phasma was a possibility (not as lead) so that victory March and be used and AoE slow. So when Kylo uses his AoE, it grants 25% TM to any with advantage and FO. So he could also grant Veers/Snow/DT TM. But it would lack a cleanser. So I went more towards the Zader route. He still gives the 30% offense to Empire... Imperial troopers would just lose the 20 speed and 10%TM on buff. Worth it imo for Zader dots.

Let me know how your team compositions to with Snowtrooper.