Lost the will to play - not really

Prev1
The_Doctor
50 posts Member
edited December 2015
I just got to 40. It should be a thrilling time openning galáctic wars and all, but its not. I followed guide lines posted in this forums but it didn't work. I spent my crystals on arena and cantina (srry don't know how its called in english) but my rank dropped from 33 to over 100 without notice, shards aint dropping and the whole game feels like chores now. I got Dooku from a shard and I don't have a single character over one star apart the starters. I feel like a Tatooine farmer under imperial opression. I'll try not to give up. But i'm changing my evaluation on google play, this aint 5* anymore.

Edited - Disregard this post, go to the last one
Post edited by The_Doctor on

Replies

• Just bought cantina shards, played it all on chew. Not a single drop. What's the point?
  • Arena rank hard to keep, but don't worry about it too much. I don't lose any sleep over that at all. Now you have access to GW, get as far as you can each day and spend the points on Luminara.
  • Take my advice:
    1.Put down the phone.
    2.Go pick up some power converters.
    3. Become a Jedi Knight.
    4. Save the universe.
  • Yeah, shards can be a pain after update, but that's very little reason to quit. Also, why would you give it a 5* rating without really playing it?
  • Don't force yourself to play a game you don't like.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    You were very lucky to ever get to 33 in the arena. In think that has raised your expectations.

How long have you been playing?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • The_Doctor wrote: »
    Just bought cantina shards, played it all on chew. Not a single drop. What's the point?

there is way to do it...if you do not have "that feeling from your experiences of playing games"just quit the game and the other similar games like this since it will upsets you all the time...
  • Man you're lucky..I ve never reached lev 33.. At the start of the game (2 weeks ago) i was put in a server full of people (over15k).. Now usually i snipe the top 100 position (85-100) and i feel very good..
    A total F2P user.. i'm having fun with this game..
  • If you were high on PVP rank, don't get excited as you were probably on a newish server...You will absolutely lose your spot to those who are buying packs or getting lucky with bronzium. Expect to hit around 100-500, but you gotta make sure to keep up with the grind to even achieve that.
  • This is a game of patience and as you travel from Level 40 to the 60 Endgame, life will be consumed with farming shards and replaying old missions to gain gear, shards and ability mats and it's boring. Eventually, from Level 50 forward, new areas and levels will open and life will be better. Also think that EA will be adding more after the movie is released..
  • This game is about grinding your player abilities, levelling filling gear slots. Stop looking at the top, you can rise up the ranks. Focus on key players you choose and get them better! The GW will level with you I'v just reached level 60 and only finished it 2 times don't feel so down..
  • Im now lvl.51 and yes the only fun mode is GW.
    Arena is boring.I stay since 2 weeks on my Rank 110-80 and get my 10 Shards/Day and its ok.
    I win every fight in my range like the others.
    Cantina is sim,sim,sim,100 crystals,sim,sim,sim..out of energy.
    Light/Darkside the same with 50,50 crystals.
    Challenge mode is easy=autoplay.
    The only challenge in this Game is the drop rate for shards/gear.^^

• Thanks all for the support. This was pretty much a rant. I didn't quit. I'm trying hard.

Since I almost rage quited, stuff has evolved, and why not, instead of making another thread, I'll ask for help in this one.

Currently, I'm 48 and do have a roster to choose from (imagine that) and would appreciate some general input.

Current mentionable roster

(Name - * - skills - equip - lvl)

LS
    Chew 4* 3/3/3/3 V 48
    Cônsul 3* 3/3/2 V 48
    Luminara 3* 3/2/3/3 V 48
    Luke 3* 2/2/2/2 IV 48
    Jawa 3* 3/3/1 IV 45
    Ahsoka 2* 2/2/1/2 IV 45
    Biggs 2* 2/2/1 IV 45

DS
    Dooku 4* 5/5/4/4 V 48
    Sidius 4* 4/4/4/4 V 48
    Talia 4* 2/2/3/1 V 48
    Phasma 3* 3/3/3/4 IV 48
    Veers 3* 2/2/1/2 IV 46

Also worth to mention, Consul and Luminara will be 4* pretty soon (7 And 15 frags missing, respectivily) and I've managed to clear gw twice in a row last couple of days.

This will leave me with Chew, Consul, Luminara, Dooku, Sidius and Talia 4*. Should I drop Talia?

Also, should I keep focusing Luminara in gw or add phasma to the 4* roster?

Thanks in advance
  • Luminara is already 4*. Even though she needed more than twice the shards of consular, drops are bad, and the third gw closure made that possible.

Ty for no response.
  • Have you opened any chromium data card so far? Xour first pull is 100% full unlock
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    There is another thread with a similar sentiment..

You're not the only one feeling it at these levels... :# <-- this is a clickable link, not showing on my phone.
  • My thread is about ten days earlier than his. Ty anyhow.
  • Have you opened any chromium data card so far? Xour first pull is 100% full unlock

Yep doku
  • Ty for not reading and not answering anyhow. I actually posted full info about 8-10 chars... Stuff already changed and it was updated.

If you would like to give input on my current situation, thats appreciated.
  • This game isnt too hard, just need to get the hang of it. If you can afford it, throw money at it and you will win. If not, abuse the retreat button in gw, it takes some getting use to and unless you get more healers its going to be near impossible to finish. Hang in there though, get to the top of the hill and its easier.
  • The_Doctor wrote: »
    I just got to 40. It should be a thrilling time openning galáctic wars and all, but its not. I followed guide lines posted in this forums but it didn't work.
    Edited - Disregard this post, go to the last one

What about the GW didn't work?

• There's really not much to say. You seem like you know what you have to do.
  • Sry for the brattish responses last night, this time of the year you know...

Anyhow, since people took interest on this f2p struggle, a quick update. Consular is now 4*. Unlocked Boba Fett. Lvled him and geared to IV without great effort. Skills still apalling.

Gonna start going for 5* elite squad now, and try to bring Luminara and Boba skills up to rank. Plus daka, I need to work on her.

Boba is my favourite star wars universe character since childhood. So yeee...
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The_Doctor wrote: »
    Thanks all for the support. This was pretty much a rant. I didn't quit. I'm trying hard.

Since I almost rage quited, stuff has evolved, and why not, instead of making another thread, I'll ask for help in this one.

Currently, I'm 48 and do have a roster to choose from (imagine that) and would appreciate some general input.

Current mentionable roster

(Name - * - skills - equip - lvl)

LS
    Chew 4* 3/3/3/3 V 48
    Cônsul 3* 3/3/2 V 48
    Luminara 3* 3/2/3/3 V 48
    Luke 3* 2/2/2/2 IV 48
    Jawa 3* 3/3/1 IV 45
    Ahsoka 2* 2/2/1/2 IV 45
    Biggs 2* 2/2/1 IV 45

DS
    Dooku 4* 5/5/4/4 V 48
    Sidius 4* 4/4/4/4 V 48
    Talia 4* 2/2/3/1 V 48
    Phasma 3* 3/3/3/4 IV 48
    Veers 3* 2/2/1/2 IV 46

Also worth to mention, Consul and Luminara will be 4* pretty soon (7 And 15 frags missing, respectivily) and I've managed to clear gw twice in a row last couple of days.

This will leave me with Chew, Consul, Luminara, Dooku, Sidius and Talia 4*. Should I drop Talia?

Also, should I keep focusing Luminara in gw or add phasma to the 4* roster?

Thanks in advance

Unless you are a P2P player, I can first tell you that you have a lot more heroes than I do (I am Level 56)! So don't get discouraged. :)

As for your roster, below is my view:

1. If Luminara is "only" 4*, you should definitely have her stars levelled up as your top priority (along with Sidious) since she will be your main healer and a mainstay in your Arena squad. Phasma is good, but don't get diverted
    2. Don't bother investing into Chewie. He probably has been a great help so far, but continues to lose his effectiveness as you progress
    3. If possible, get Old Daka as you will need her in the DS battles. Her heal isn't that great, but better than just with Talia and her stun is quite useful
    4. I would definitely choose JC over Talia, if their star level is equal. If between Chewie, JC and Talia, I would probably go with JC and Talia (see #2). Besides, Talia is already a magnet for drawing A.I opponent fire :D
    5. Can't say much about Boba Fett because I don't have him, but he is too slow for my taste. With the likes of Luminara (ability block) and Dooku (Stun) who are prevalent in the Arena around your level, it is very likely that your opponents can stop Boba from using his AOE ability block. But some soft launch players have mentioned him as part of their main Arena squad, so he must be quite powerful in the end game
    Post edited by obiwan1011 on
  • Dont be too serious about pvp rank.

I play this game because i am a star wars fan and it is very fun to collect and battle with the toon i love since i was young.
    Sometimes me too, get carried away with pvp rank but it is only because i want arena points and crystal to upgrade my characters.

I love this game but i dont like competition vs other players. I just like collecting and upgrade my toons and play with stories but i understand that pvp made people pay more money for the company. However i still hope the devs will not focus on pvp but keep improving other aspects of the game

Finally, I would love some cooperation modes for star wars fan to help each other or make someting like faction daily quests(jedi, nightsister,sith,rebel,first order or even evok) to encourage collection of all toon.

• Don't let tough moments ruin the game for you. There are a load of players here at all different levels and positions so to expect to be the top player will be difficult....
  • Obi, I see you've put an effort, ty very much. And no, I'm f2p, didn't even buy the 10 bucks thing. And I'm with you, Boba and Luke I managed to open cause you know, its starwars, isnt it?

The large roster have helped me a lot in gw, today was specially dificult, got to the last fight with just 4 chars, but the good ones, so I finished it (4th time in a row).

I have mixed feellings about daka. Since she is so important, she is omnipresent amongst ally help. I'll prolly just farm her through normal tables.

I'll prolly go Sid, dooku, Boba and the two heals. Just saying Sid Dooku Boba is already cool LoL.

About else, I'm just trying to be under 200 in arena now. Wont spend crystals in it anymore.

• If I may add one more thing, the reason you should seriously consider getting Daka is that Galaxy War becomes a lot easier to complete. GW is a war of attrition and I used to struggle with a) just three healers in Lumi, JC and Talia (Ashoka is too unreliable), and b) a big performance drop off from my A-Team to the rest of my roster. If one of the healers (especially Lumi or JC) was killed early, then the chance of completing GW diminished significantly. Even if I managed to survive through a tough battle, my A-Team would be down on health and the healers would have used up the healing ability which renders many of them essentially unavailable in subsequent battles. But adding another healer in Daka meant I have one more hero who could replenish and allow to field my A-Team - and thus, a huge difference maker. The same logic applies to Barriss, but as we all know, she isn't really farmable, not until you reach higher levels.
  • You have a good squad. I'm working on Boba too, if for no other reason than he looks absolutely awesome and his leader ability will be great for my B team. Good luck!
  • This thread turned out to be great. Ty guys. I get you about daka, Obi. Last gw was very tough, I've faced a fully grown team very early and they took my heals. From that point on was a suicidal struggle. I hv Sid and Dookan very strong and they took me to the end. I'm very thankfull for all the help. Merry xmas you all.