Imperial Trooper Updates - ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Surovi
    21 posts Member
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Would it have been possible to have the Stormtrooper Zeta be for each living trooper? I would have dug that.

Actually ALL troopers get this zeta under Veers lead. If Stormtrooper or any other trooper dies they all get 40% offense. They will hit hard.
  • Surovi wrote: »
    Would it have been possible to have the Stormtrooper Zeta be for each living trooper? I would have dug that.

Actually ALL troopers get this zeta under Veers lead. If Stormtrooper or any other trooper dies they all get 40% offense. They will hit hard.

NEW ZETA: Stormtrooper gains 40% Offense for each defeated Empire ally

I wish, but no it doesn't. I'm not seeing anything in Veers that would give everyone STs zeta.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited April 2017

• I hope General Veer can bring out 5 troopers during battles ( an open 6th slot )
  • Surovi
    21 posts Member
    Surovi wrote: »

I wish, but no it doesn't. I'm not seeing anything in Veers that would give everyone STs zeta.

Veers have this in his unique description "Now grants all bonuses to all Imperial Troopers." I'm not sure that this will share trooper's uniques - it might
  • Surovi wrote: »
    Surovi wrote: »

Veers have this in his unique description "Now grants all bonuses to all Imperial Troopers." I'm not sure that this will share trooper's uniques - it might

That's referring to only his own unique. It used to only affect him with a variety of buffs, now it affects all troopers.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Did I miss the part where they talked about sharing uniques? I don't see any reference to it.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Did I miss the part where they talked about sharing uniques? I don't see any reference to it.

There's none. Only buffing other IT whit one stat upgrade
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Anyone holding out hope that TFP or anyone else get added to the Trooper tag should check out Wookiepedia.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper_Corps

The Stormtrooper Corps are also known as the Trooper Corps. Under specializations it lists all the ones here: Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper, Snowtrooper, Shoretrooper, and Death Trooper. It makes no mention of pilots or guards.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

Hmm. That's really disappointing given the language of the preview:

"With the addition of the new 'Imperial Trooper' category, debuting in May, Troopers will share a variety of unique abilities and advantages becoming a much more formidable force."
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Moicaliss wrote: »

Hmm. That's really disappointing given the language of the preview:

"With the addition of the new 'Imperial Trooper' category, debuting in May, Troopers will share a variety of unique abilities and advantages becoming a much more formidable force."

They do share many uniques with one another, just not the ST zeta.
  • Aero wrote: »
    Anyone holding out hope that TFP or anyone else get added to the Trooper tag should check out Wookiepedia.

The Stormtrooper Corps are also known as the Trooper Corps. Under specializations it lists all the ones here: Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper, Snowtrooper, Shoretrooper, and Death Trooper. It makes no mention of pilots or guards.

Actually it does mention guards. Check the imperial shock troopers tag.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

Actually it does mention guards. Check the imperial shock troopers tag.

Those are different than Royal Guards though. They are these guys,
    Imperial_Shock_Trooper_canon.png

And they can be seen guarding Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith and a few TCW episodes.

mKdysNZ.jpg
  • So is Imperial Thuper commando an imperial trooper? Guess not

Technically hes a Mandalorian.
  • Developers still giving garbage to empire. Now troopers are cannon fodder with more hp, nothing more. Why don't give Vader/Palpatine same synergy as Chirruit-Baze, or give Maul/Savage bonus like those of Biggs-Wedge? Biggs never fired a blaster and got dead within a minute screen time, so why don't give superior skills who actually matter?
  • I think the trooper rework is very good. The team is meant to withstand the first few rounds and when they start killing people off they get rolling on TM and recovery. Also has some TM reductions to ensure it goes into later rounds.

When the meta is GK chaze r2 and zbarris, what team could beat them except imperial trooper? It won't be sith, sith are done for with r2. You don't realize how an evade under zmaul carries that team. R2 will lessen that and make it harder to focus fire. It's not first order either, they don't have a dispeller to get past two taunters or the survivability.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Developers still giving garbage to empire. Now troopers are cannon fodder with more hp, nothing more. Why don't give Vader/Palpatine same synergy as Chirruit-Baze, or give Maul/Savage bonus like those of Biggs-Wedge? Biggs never fired a blaster and got dead within a minute screen time, so why don't give superior skills who actually matter?

I actually really wanted work done on troopers though and many others felt the same way. I love Emperor and Vader and all that, but I wanted a reason to run a military themed Empire group opposed to all these characters on the royalty side of things.

Glad that they chose to do something about troopers, just hope it is better than it sounds.
  • Aero wrote: »

If that's the criteria then the tag should be "Stormtrooper Corps" rather than "Imperial Trooper". An imperial trooper would essentially be any soldier in the empire
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

If that's the criteria then the tag should be "Stormtrooper Corps" rather than "Imperial Trooper". An imperial trooper would essentially be any soldier in the empire

Stormtrooper Corps would be too confusing since there is already a Stormtrooper in game. Since the Corps is also called Trooper, and all characters that would get the tag have trooper in their name (besides Veers who gets it since he leads them), it makes sense to just call them Troopers.

Also, a soldier is someone who fights in an army and an army is a military force that fights on the ground.
  • Stopper
    25 posts Member
    Sorry if someone mentioned already but is imperial trooper tag in addition to empire tag or in place of it?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Stopper wrote: »
    Sorry if someone mentioned already but is imperial trooper tag in addition to empire tag or in place of it?

In addition. These characters will have Empire and Imperial Trooper tags.
  • Well this is the Royal Guard definition from the same site:

"The Emperor's Royal Guard, sometimes referred to as the Imperial Royal Guard or Imperial Guard, was an elite unit of the Galactic Empire's armed forces (specifically the Stormtrooper Corps) tasked with the protection of the Emperor, Palpatine."

It is moot point, since off course devs will not give royal Guard the imperial trooper tag, but still i think that they qualified.
  • Tomuk83
    19 posts Member
    I get Tarkin and Vader got getting anything but what about Royal Guard?
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    As someone who invested heavily into the Phoenix hype, the shared uniques strategy doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies like it did then. This is better but it's going to take some serious creativity and sweet mods to make this arena viable.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    I think the biggest improvement here is going to be to people running Zader teams just shy of top tier arena viability that have Shoretrooper and either Deathtrooper, Magmatrooper, or both already included in the squad. Even just the Shoretrooper by himself got a good increase to survivablility out of this update.

Snowtrooper also looks interesting as the empires answer to Lando at lower levels, particularly as he can get partial cooldown reductions rather than a simple pass/fail.
  • When I 1st seen who the May character was, I was disappointed a whole month of loyalty for a Character who i and many others have had maxed for over a year. But then I seen that there was a rework and new tag and now I have a better understanding and want to thank the Developers for taken characters who were like a shoe you never wear and making them one of the hotest trends in the game. It was like finding out my penny is now worth a dollar even if this faction does not end up being a meta leader at least they should be bearable to play with.
    -FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
    191568986 Ally Code
    Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Snowtrooper's AE is a much weaker version of Lando's, in repeatability only. Damage-wise Lando gets the 100% damage increase and only requires 2 crits.
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Snowtrooper's AE is a much weaker version of Lando's, in repeatability only. Damage-wise Lando gets the 100% damage increase and only requires 2 crits.
    Except that snow give tm on kill. Gain offence up, and have an ability block on basic....and +20% crit dmg for troopers...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    What are the odds of getting this update today (seeing the notes are done)?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    What are the odds of getting this update today (seeing the notes are done)?

probably 0, they said they'll do it at the same time as r2 on may 4th
This discussion has been closed.