Challenges suck

The challenges suck. Period. Most are so easy you can just hit auto and come back and others are borderline impossible where you have to get the good rolls and the opponent get the bad rolls just to win.

The developer that designed these really did a terrible job.

Replies

• Huh? I like the challenges. They don't use resources like energy, and everyone gets the same amount per day. Most of them are facerolls - unless your roster lacks depth (usually very early into the game). None of them I have found particularly challenging.
  • Only thing I hate is that they don't yield enough rewards. Second, most days there are only two available. Once a week, more open but it should be daily..
  • Wish there were more tries for ability mats lol.
  • Arctrooper wrote: »
    borderline impossible where you have to get the good rolls and the opponent get the bad rolls just to win.

So what you're saying is, the challenges are... challenging?
  • The challenges require a roster that most players will not have for weeks. I have reached level 47 and I don't have a full team for half of the challenges (typically limiting me to stage 1 on them). Perhaps it's my fault for using my crystals on energy refills instead of fishing for characters.

Incidentally, how does one deal with Mace Windu's AOE that reduces your entire team to 1hp? :open_mouth:
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    swgod98 wrote: »

Incidentally, how does one deal with Mace Windu's AOE that reduces your entire team to 1hp? :open_mouth:

Mace or Opress? Me thinks the issue is not the difficulty of the challenges, but the challenge of figuring out the strategy. Some of them you can just auto-face roll. Others, not matter how good your team, auto will lose - like Opress.

Learn the strats. Opress only needs two healers and someone at the controls.

if you really mean Mace? - I dunno, I just burn him down.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    He means Opress. Mace is super easy.

Opress you need two healers. If you do, you can almost just auto it. If you only have one healer, and he can't heal in time, Opress just wrecks everyone lol. It's incredibly annoying. I wish I could figure out what causes him to do his AOE versus just a normal attack. Is it based on if he has living droids or not?
  • There was one challenge, i think the attacker only one where you kill the droids to get the big damage boost. i think it took me too long because the one guy was still alive with a red bar and i think he finished off all my guys in the next round. I don't even bother with the 2nd ones now, i just auto the easy ones. I pay attention to the full team ones since it's worth it to try and get the better rewards. I wish the full challenge day was saturday instead of sunday. hard for me to finish them all since i have to crash earlier to get to work on monday.
  • What has been working for me most times on Opress is to target a druid first beat it down to a sliver of health then after Opress blows you up take out the droid for the heal. If you have someone that can place a dot on him make that a priority , cant recall him using his big move while dotted.
  • Opress. Two healers, focus droids first since they will one shot you after his AOE. Heal, then burn him down.
    Windu, any armor buff or chewies heal will remove his anti-armor buff bringing his damage back down so save that buff for when you get debuffed.
  • Arctrooper wrote: »
    The challenges suck. Period. Most are so easy you can just hit auto and come back and others are borderline impossible where you have to get the good rolls and the opponent get the bad rolls just to win.

The developer that designed these really did a terrible job.
    That is till you try to do t2 or t3 tank only where mace windu kills you in 1 hit but has 5k hp
  • Cyn wrote: »
    Opress. Two healers, focus droids first since they will one shot you after his AOE. Heal, then burn him down.
    Windu, any armor buff or chewies heal will remove his anti-armor buff bringing his damage back down so save that buff for when you get debuffed.

Yeah I knew all this and the royal guard buff same thing removes maces debuff but there are plenty of times where he just 1 shots my under leveled guys. Like I'm not going to level up a storm trooper and royal guard
  • There was one challenge, i think the attacker only one where you kill the droids to get the big damage boost. i think it took me too long because the one guy was still alive with a red bar and i think he finished off all my guys in the next round. I don't even bother with the 2nd ones now, i just auto the easy ones. I pay attention to the full team ones since it's worth it to try and get the better rewards. I wish the full challenge day was saturday instead of sunday. hard for me to finish them all since i have to crash earlier to get to work on monday.

Attacker only is easy sauce. You have cpunsular and luminara. Plus tie pilot and resistance sniper
  • I may be a bit late to the party here but has anyone else seen that there is a tier 5 challenge locked at lv 70? Just found it today
  • swgod98 wrote: »

You have to buff your team whenever Mace debuffs them. If he hits when they have the shatterpoint penalty they die.

I haven't been able to do level 2 because I only had Royal Guard and Chewy although I was doing level one at around ~lvl35 with those two by just focusing Mace. Finally diverted some GW shards for Teebo and should have Fives in another day or two. I assume it'll be easy to clear level 2 after that.

Only other one that requires even a modicum of attention is the Savage healer challenge but there you just make sure you focus down the droids first.
  • I must have meant Opress. Sorry about that. Thanks for the input!! Ya, I realized I need a healer or two and part of my question was how to do it auto...but that seems difficult since the AI isn't really smart enough to space out the heals.
  • If you find the challenges to be a disappointment wait until you unlock events. It was really underwhelming to unlock events. All I've done with events is grab the first two unlock keys and get the measly rewards they give you and that's it. Neither event is worth 50 energy. There's better ways to spend your energy so why even bother or am I missing something.
  • Slushie wrote: »
    Arctrooper wrote: »
    borderline impossible where you have to get the good rolls and the opponent get the bad rolls just to win.

So what you're saying is, the challenges are... challenging?

Lol nice one. I'm lvl 4...6? Can't remember now. I wish the mining Droids were more available and the ability mats. Hard to earn enough money to level up my guys now. I'm finally at the point where I can do the hard ones. The ones I always had trouble with before we're beating cado bane on lvl 3. I still lose some guys when I get to him cuz he hits so hard but I can still do it now. And mace windu lvl 3. The mace windu one was hard cuz yoy don't get healers. Definitely upgrade your imp guards armor defense skill. Comes in handy here. You just have to upgrade upgrade upgrade. What I have trouble with is the stage battles. The stages are getting super hard and the gear I need is beyond where I'm stuck at. I don't like the energy usage feature. And low drop rate of ability material. Literally went through 10p energy before I got the one ability mat I needed.
  • Each challenge has a strategy to it. Once you figure it out, they aren't too bad. I auto, 3 star every single one of em and I would say my squads are only slightly above average.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I don't hate challenges, but once you've played this game every day for a certain period you do miss a little diversity. I love the ability mat challenges. :) many players are demanding more characters which is cool but I'm starving for more content and an event revamp.
  • Not a fan of the challenges myself. Just had Mace Windu deal 92320 damage to a tank. This was a level 1 challenge too...
  • lol. apparently he found your shatterpoint. Mace pt 2 is the one I cant get past either. I keep hoping ill draw a tank from bronzium or something soon. I cant auto opress stage but I can manually beat it by taking droids low and either killing them if they'll attack first after savage or leave them for a heal if ill go first after him.