Shard Shop Exclusive Character later this month

Replies

• I think, they need a refresh. Whales need a 1/2 year to get a 7* toon. If they can buy 2 shards every day ....
  • So it's already challenging to get a character to 7 starts.

This shard shop exclusive character will take 10 times as long!

You will need to collect over 3,000 shards on order to 7* him :D

I hope he's super strong at 2*!
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    five2zero wrote: »
    I think, they need a refresh. Whales need a 1/2 year to get a 7* toon. If they can buy 2 shards every day ....

If the new character is in the shop everyday, and you can only get 2 shards and it takes 330 shards for a 7* character it will take 165 days. This is exactly what you said, but yah it stinks.
  • the shard shop is a great idea... But unfortunately uselss for 99% of the players at that exhmchange rate.

The real fix here is to add logic to the chromium packs to not spit out shards for already maxed out characters that the buyer has. Otherwise this will be a huge deterrent from buying packs.
  • For me it's ok, i got 2 vader shards. But for whales... i don't think it's ok.
  • If there is an exclusive character, and you can only buy 2 shards a day, (assuming present everyday) and he is minimum 4*, it will take 40 days to unlock. 12,000 shard shop credits, or 800 surplus normal shards... I dread to to think how long 7* will take unless the number or shards is higher for he exclusive character.

• @EAJesse -- The Shard shop will be a complete failure if it is going to be a 10:1 exchange ratio. I actually used the Key Card battles to get credits from time to time, but I don't see going to the shard shop unless there is a ridiculously good character. It's a waste of space in the game at the current exchange ratio. 10:1 is a ridiculous discount off of what is earned. I think it should be an effective 2:1 conversion, but at most a 5:1 conversion.

The Shard Shop concept is a good idea but this conversion rate makes it a waste of time. It is not that hard to avoid extra shards. If the character is awesome, then that could change things. In that case, though, why have the other characters, like Rey, in the shop. Converting for Rey shards is a waste. Make it all exclusive characters -- maybe then it makes sense at that conversion rate, but doubtful.
  • So all 6 of my Shard Shop options for today were characters already had at 7*. Thanks CG.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    EM650 wrote: »
    Smite wrote: »
    Chromium Chars should stay exclusiv. That's the nature of these chars and that's wh people invest and invested money in them!

Cheers,
    Smite.

People invest in them to get them before they are available to the general public. After a few months once the new toon smell has worn off they usually are available to everyone while a new exclusive toon is available. It is the nature of things. Accept it and move on.

There is no rule or law requiring this line of thinking. Some games have literal p2p exclusives, or ones that are way to difficult to get any other way, while some games limit the exclusivity.

No reason to accept it and move on...since we don't know 100%. Qgj is the only example, and how often that happens we have no idea.

Absolutely. If they stay exclusiv people will be forced to buy Chromium
    QGJM wrote: »
    330 Lumi Shards = worth around 0-5$
    330 Ben Shards = worth around 2000-3000$
    (At the moment if EA they stay chrom "exclusive")

So 1:1 exchange rate? Ansolutely NO!

It's 10:1 exchange ratio on selected characters.

And I have a 6* Ben - 2000-3000$ is quite accurate number.

Cheers,
    Smite
  • Generally speaking, it doesn't matter if you are a whale or not. No one is getting the new character quickly. The exchange rate could be ok but only 1 refresh per day. You are talking months, not days to unlock the exclusive. And that's if he is always in the list for purchase.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    How long am I supposed to take to spend all my tokens? 300 per day, considering every day I will have a interesting character available. Thanks EA, you're not going to see a penny while I spend all this tokens (50 days or more).

6DU2N28.png

And I still have loads of extra shards from characters not upgraded to 7 stars to convert.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • The ratio should be 5:1. So every day from galactic war you could get 3 shards. .. that's more fair than 3 to 1. You still have to take a while to earn them
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    five2zero wrote: »
    I think, they need a refresh. Whales need a 1/2 year to get a 7* toon. If they can buy 2 shards every day ....

They could buy 6 at the same time.... IF they could get the same 6 everyday. But if it is random, no point. A good question is... can you get the option to get shards for a char you already have maxed? If not, those leviathans who already own all chars but a few at 7* will be able to get those everyday (including Vader)
  • We should be able to choose any character in the shard shop not just 6
  • Haha, they're offering shards for characters I have 7* in the shard shop. Great design there *rolls eyes* Sorry if others already stated, I just loaded the update and saw this, had to post this. I can't believe they're still making 101 coding errors like this
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    Haha, they're offering shards for characters I have 7* in the shard shop. Great design there *rolls eyes* Sorry if others already stated, I just loaded the update and saw this, had to post this. I can't believe they're still making 101 coding errors like this

+1

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Yes, so now if you pull 4* in cromium(worth 80 shards) you get 3.2 shards when the toon is 7*
    I just can't contain my exitement :neutral:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    Generally speaking, it doesn't matter if you are a whale or not. No one is getting the new character quickly. The exchange rate could be ok but only 1 refresh per day. You are talking months, not days to unlock the exclusive. And that's if he is always in the list for purchase.

I love how cg_john made a statement yesterday about people shouldn't blow all their tokens straight away if they want to get the new exclusive. Not like you could even if you wanted to for the only people who could get the character in the shortest time, whales. Unless the exclusive character is end of February, 2017...

• fberbert wrote: »
    How long am I supposed to take to spend all my tokens? 300 per day, considering every day I will have a interesting character available. Thanks EA, you're not going to see a penny while I spend all this tokens (50 days or more).

6DU2N28.png

And I still have loads of extra shards from characters not upgraded to 7 stars to convert.

Wow that's a lot of money spent.
    | Level 73 | Power 28,729 | Rank #51-100 | Ally Code: 672-379-838 | Member of The New Rebellion |
  • Really?!?!? You can only use this after promoting a character to 7 stars! RIDICULOUS! I can see this game is only for people that spend actual money and not for the casual gamer
  • Relypre wrote: »
    Really?!?!? You can only use this after promoting a character to 7 stars! RIDICULOUS! I can see this game is only for people that spend actual money and not for the casual gamer

This function is basically only for people spending money. There is plenty to do in the game that doesnt require money.
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    Generally speaking, it doesn't matter if you are a whale or not. No one is getting the new character quickly. The exchange rate could be ok but only 1 refresh per day. You are talking months, not days to unlock the exclusive. And that's if he is always in the list for purchase.

I love how cg_john made a statement yesterday about people shouldn't blow all their tokens straight away if they want to get the new exclusive. Not like you could even if you wanted to for the only people who could get the character in the shortest time, whales. Unless the exclusive character is end of February, 2017...

Doesn't matter. With one refresh per day it will take months. IF the exclusive stays in the list all the time it's what 165 days or so to 7* that character? That's a bit beyond silly.
  • I'm F2P. I have 5 guys at 7*. With that being said. I had exactly 6 extra chards, basically from GW prize for beating last round.
    That converted to 90 Chard Currency, you need 300 to buy 2 chards of someone else.

So basically if I want 2 extra chards of FOTP (or whoever may be available that day) I have to use up 4 GW Shipments on players I already have at 7*. So the choise is simple. Do I want 20 Chards of 86 or Resistance Pilot, or 2 chards of someone else available in the shop.

Honestly, this wasn't aimed at the F2P people. And best strategy says until you have 7 starred everyone from GW Shipments, ignore this feature.
  • Well... The shard shop is a massive disappointment! Not much else to say that hasn't been said already... Terrible exchange rate and rubbish selection. Poor work.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    You go ahead and call 1:1, and then go ahead and call the backlack and the devs bending over to cater to the outcry when it isn't 1:1.

I'M going to go ahead and call it not 1:1, I'll agree with the outcry, and I'll call that the Devs will standby their decision and let it stand, just as they plan to go back to their GW shipment decision which is wholly in line with every other shop.

At some point, the Devs are going to get sick of the whining and the entitlement mentality running rampant here and put their foot down in a very clear and matter-of-fact way. They're making plenty of money and they'll make plenty more yet.

You can whine and threaten to leave all you want, but you'll be replaced by other consumers.

I'm very sorry, but it's true.

Who called it 1:1???? Thats absurd. No way will they do that (and of course they didnt lol) i only said 1:1 is logical in their model that all shards are equal. I NEVER said i thought they would do 1:1 lol. I do stand by my statemant calling a madsive backlash ahead of time (give it a day or so) the posts on 10:1 shard exchange rate will be endless until they change it (IF they change it).

While i want them to change it to a more reasonable rate, i really hope they dont. I wouod love to see them take a stand on this and stand behind their decision/product so that in the future there hopefully wouod be less crying about things. If ppl thought the devs would not cave, perhaps they'd not cry as much ;)
  • I dont think they should change it. Seems reasonable it is meant for big spenders.
  • Shard Shop is about to encourage people who have a lot of 7* to keep buying chromium data cards. Wait... Really? I think they messed up at some point.

Shard Shop is useless. I hope they fix it, a refresh every 6 hours with crystal boost would solve the problem. No way to whales keep buying data cards once they can't spend their extra shards.
  • The math simply doesn't work. It would be wise to change the exchange rate now rather than later bc otherwise this will go the way of key card battles. Otherwise, you will have even more disappointed gamers. In fact, it is more worthless than key card battles. It should be a two to one shard exchange.
  • Exclusives aside, do you think a filter can be applied that the shard shop isn't showing me the same toons in GW and Arena shipments?

5 of my 6 it is showing me are from the shops I do t want to spend currency on them in to begin with!
  • I think the shard shop is an addition to everything we already have. It should not be considered a main source to promote heroes. I think the exclusive character (s) should be obtainable by other means.

The shard shop should be there to assist with those heroes that you're just a few shards away from maxing them, for instance there was someone around here that said they had like 64/65 shards on Darth Maul. The shard shop allows for completions of these type of sets. It should be intended to compliment shard completion, not to be the primary method to do so.
This discussion has been closed.