Down goes MAUL, Down goes MAUL, Down goes MAUL!!!!

Replies

• sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    I think GK would be just as popular as Nihilus if the devs had given him out free to everyone. The triple cleanse team (with pretaunt) counters super fast toons, crits, and debuffs all at once. That is a lot more than just countering Maul, it also counters empire, Wiggs/Lando, and droids. The only reason it took so long to show up and take over is that most of the toons were crystal only until recently. It will be interesting to see where the game goes next.
  • Broulan wrote: »
    Does any of this matter? Until you get to the top QGJ squad (at 5% or less usage) every single top squad is still running Nihilus. The meta hasn't really been "zDM" as much as it has been "protect DN"... Rex leads have finally outpaced Maul a bit, but its all still protecting Nihilus?... As a single char he's in a HUGE lead at 78%, with GK following at 48%, and Rex at 40%...

It's WHY he is necessary that is the problem. Chaze, Zylo, Zavage and so on were made near indestructible without an instakill toon. In fact it's Rex triple cleanse teams that make him even more necessary. You can't use debuffs at all so a vast swathe of your roster is pointless. You're facing teams with so many HoT's the screen can't handle the buff payload. I run Nihilus lead on a full Sith team because it can withstand the Zaul barrage and can sit there waiting for Nihilus' autokill to come up so you can break the Chaze/GK/Rex immunity fest.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • I think GK would be just as popular as Nihilus if the devs had given him out free to everyone. The triple cleanse team (with pretaunt) counters super fast toons, crits, and debuffs all at once. That is a lot more than just countering Maul, it also counters empire, Wiggs/Lando, and droids. The only reason it took so long to show up and take over is that most of the toons were crystal only until recently. It will be interesting to see where the game goes next.

would you want triple cleanse at the top for 3-4 months without an way to get Chirrut? Nope.
  • This morning.

A Nov '15 shard top 20
    8 Rex leads
    7 maul
    2 vader
    1 nihilus
    1 phasma
    1 jyn erso

Rex and maul are still pretty much even.

Recently, I tried several variations on Jedi and was promptly pushed out of top 20 (only in a few hours).

My shard is pretty consistent with the meta report. Also, I'm one of the 2 running Vader, which is just as good as maul or Rex when done right.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Kane13 wrote: »
    @Any. There you go bud. Zaul isn't meta anymore. Can't wait to read the rex threads you'll be posting now.

lol, Maul is not META not relate to this Rex now is most use.

META is best not most use,man
  • I hate Rex(L) with Chirrut and GK. :p

My theory, you only see triple cleanse squads at the very top of the arena, that's why many people have not faced them -> they don't complain. zMaul is seen everywhere, leading to more annoyed people. And now r2d2 will be released leading to more triple cleanse squads, so Rex(L) will be even better :'(
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • SumiXam
    68 posts Member
    Rex and maul are still pretty much even.

Probably the most accurate statement in this thread. Everyone else can now continue with your regularly scheduled interwebz hyperbole.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I love it when people start debating what the "true" meta is, or better yet, what the "true" definition of the word "meta" is.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nerf Rex ! :)
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Dec 17th 2015 shard
    9 Maul
    10 Rex
    1 Vader

I'll be switching to Nihilus lead tomorrow because in my shard, only 3 of those maul teams are actually any good. It's the Rex teams that are good and actually make it to the top.
    Maul is dropping quick
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Jetlife wrote: »
    ... in my shard, only 3 of those maul teams are actually any good. It's the Rex teams that are good and actually make it to the top.
    Maul is dropping quick

Yeah, I'm seeing similar. Maul is holding quantity wise in the top of my '15 shard, but nearly all the Rex leads are top 10 whereas the majority of the Maul's have dropped to the 11-20 range.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    fascizio wrote: »
    Jetlife wrote: »
    ... in my shard, only 3 of those maul teams are actually any good. It's the Rex teams that are good and actually make it to the top.
    Maul is dropping quick

Yeah, I'm seeing similar. Maul is holding quantity wise in the top of my '15 shard, but nearly all the Rex leads are top 10 whereas the majority of the Maul's have dropped to the 11-20 range.

I think it's just because most of the rex teams require a better setup than Maul. All a f2p has to do is gear up SA and DN since we got them for free, and then drop a zeta on Maul. Then that's like the core of a Maul team.

The whales who have Rex, 7* Chaze, 7* Gk etc are of course going to do better because they most likely also have better mods.

Point being said, im glad Rex is taking over. It's just food for my jedi.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    maul-get-it-nvm_o_4449375.jpg
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Happy for you, but it's less good for me, I don't have the mods to consistently compete top ten, and I find Maul (and all the dodge leads that came before him) exceedingly annoying. Right now all of them are stacking up in my 11-20 wheelhouse...
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member

Happy for you, but it's less good for me, I don't have the mods to consistently compete top ten, and I find Maul (and all the dodge leads that came before him) exceedingly annoying. Right now all of them are stacking up in my 11-20 wheelhouse...

Yeah dodge rng is the worst lol. What are you running?
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member

Yeah dodge rng is the worst lol. What are you running?

R1, Mauls not a big problem since cassian's grenade gets resisted and not dodged, so he still drops most of my debuffs and exposes... Still annoying though.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Don't worry, the "R2-D2 in every squad" meta starts in one day and 2 hours.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    It doesn't matter, i'll stick with my Jedi. Let them come.
  • kaether
    13 posts Member
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Is it worth the celebration that almost 80% of the people who've loaded their profiles up on swgoh run 1 of 2 leaders?

So so so true. :D Every game has its limits, but this one is like a brainwashing device imo. :D
  • I'm wondering about the one Ugnaught in the Meta Report. I'm sure someone found out a secret ability on him to make him meta!
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    I think GK would be just as popular as Nihilus if the devs had given him out free to everyone. The triple cleanse team (with pretaunt) counters super fast toons, crits, and debuffs all at once. That is a lot more than just countering Maul, it also counters empire, Wiggs/Lando, and droids. The only reason it took so long to show up and take over is that most of the toons were crystal only until recently. It will be interesting to see where the game goes next.

True, and true about the triple cleanse basically requiring DN. I am also interested to see, although I'm not quite sure new characters are really going to be the key to it until at least the next movie (and the subsequent release of toons to go with it.)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    March 2016 shard top 20:

10 Rex
    10 Maul

But 6 of the top 7 currently are Rex leads and I consistently see more Rex than Maul in my top 10
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I almost feel silly for asking, but what is so great about Rex against Maul? He removes Daze, awards TM for crits ... but it seems like Maul's big benefit is the stealth, dodge, and crit immunity. How does Rex counter that?
  • Lithalan
    153 posts Member
    I almost feel silly for asking, but what is so great about Rex against Maul? He removes Daze, awards TM for crits ... but it seems like Maul's big benefit is the stealth, dodge, and crit immunity. How does Rex counter that?

Rex doesn't need to counter it all. It's the TM on crit that helps, and the tenacity up to stop other Sith silliness too. But it's a triple cleanse team, so it can constantly get rid of or prevent debuffs from happening. The ones not in stealth aren't crit immune, so hit them with Chirrut special. GK assist does decent damage even without crits because the whole team is usually buffed. Stealth and dodge you just put up with because they can be as stealthy and dodgy as they want. You will eventually win with the Rex L standard meta team vs MaulZ.
  • I almost feel silly for asking, but what is so great about Rex against Maul? He removes Daze, awards TM for crits ... but it seems like Maul's big benefit is the stealth, dodge, and crit immunity. How does Rex counter that?

It's the fact that most of the sith use AOE on their opening moves, and coming out of stealth they have advantage, meaning AOE crit, which puts a Rex team at basically full TM (37.5% TM gain for non-clones, 75% TM gain for clones).
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    So unless there comes a new meta in town isn't this reactionary Rex meta's increase will plateau soon? As in you don't have as many Mauls to beat down anymore and are left to mirror matches.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Achilles wrote: »
    maul-get-it-nvm_o_4449375.jpg

:D
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    I use Zaul 90% of the time, but just switch out to Zader, Boba, Sid, DN and B2 to beat these Rex cleanse teams. There is no unbeatable squad these days