Countering Wiggs 3.0 without GK Chaze or Shoretrooper

While many people focused their atention on the reworked troopers I personally think that R2 will be the next Nihilus and that it will bring back Wiggs with Chaze on top of the arenas. Can this setup be beaten if you don' t have any pretaunter or GK? and what kind of setups will be recomended to do that?

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Wiggs and Chaze are always a good team. R2 will make them again better. The reason why there is less Wiggs is because of zMaul.

But those rebels well moded can still beat a lot of teams and R2 will make them greater. More offense, more protection, and the ability to stealth allies and let Baze and his retribution to be the single toon not stealthed, giving moreover retribution with a critical hit since he'll also have advantage.
  • I am aware that devs felt that having even a couple of months with Wiggs not being the top dog was some kind of crime against nature. What I'm asking if it is something that they missed in their quest to make the rebels gods, especially for people that don't own the premium toons mentioned in title.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Run EP lead, with Vader, TFP, Boba and a tank/taunter. That's the lineup I used to beat the old Wiggs meta. Under an EP lead, if Vader sticks all his dots, he gets 100% TM and can using culling blade to kill a character. Then gets 100% tm to attack with basic and block an enemy from using a special. Not to mention TFP will get faster as he gets 10% tm for each debuffed enemy.
    518 posts Member
    Deathtrooper + Shore + Veers > Wiggs.
    Stun + Daze because of rebels. Critical Immunity on the entire team, more damages against rebels, etc...
    Like Wiggs, they're not good against zMaul but at least, there's a small meta for our kind !
  • mlb1399 wrote: »
    Run EP lead, with Vader, TFP, Boba and a tank/taunter. That's the lineup I used to beat the old Wiggs meta. Under an EP lead, if Vader sticks all his dots, he gets 100% TM and can using culling blade to kill a character. Then gets 100% tm to attack with basic and block an enemy from using a special. Not to mention TFP will get faster as he gets 10% tm for each debuffed enemy.

I used the same team, B2 was my tank. I don' t think it can work against Wiggs R2 Chaze.
    The effectiveness of TFP is greatly reduced when facing Baze, Biggs turn is almost a guaranted kill, and R2 cleanses will severly impact the debuffs aplied by EP and Vader. That is without taking in acount rebels going stealth .
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Wiggs won't work because of GK. Most people have him now and just his presence will neuter their damage since his crit immunity will kick in after the first hit of their combo.
  • Guest wrote: »
    Stun + Daze because of rebels. Critical Immunity on the entire team, more damages against rebels, etc...
    Like Wiggs, they're not good against zMaul but at least, there's a small meta for our kind !

Ignoring the fact that I specifcally said no Baze, Gk or Shore in the title, i noticed you only adressed 2 out of the 5 enemy toons. Who will deal with Chaze and R2 while Veers, Shore and DT supposedly deal with Wiggs?
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Wiggs won't work because of GK. Most people have him now and just his presence will neuter their damage since his crit immunity will kick in after the first hit of their combo.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that most people do not have GK, for example I don' t even have an ally or know anybody who owns him. Anyway he doesn't belongs in this thread, at least according to the title.
  • So nobody else has any ideas ? They really can't be beaten without a pretaunter or GW?
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Ether be faster then their Biggs, and take him out first, then mebbe, or else you pretty much need a pretaunt
  • Ether be faster then their Biggs, and take him out first, then mebbe, or else you pretty much need a pretaunt

Well since apparently I severely need to delay my development just to save the 4k crystals needed for the privilege to pit my very own 3* Shore against a 7* Baze, because " logically " you need a light side to farm both pretaunters, at least do you think that the following team could successfully compete against a Wiggs R2 Chaze team?

7*EP 6*DT 3*ShT 7*B2 and one of the next: 4* Nihilus, 7* Vader, 7* Maul, 7* Boba, 7* RG or any other suggestion (with the exception of Gk off course)
    518 posts Member
    Guest wrote: »

Ignoring the fact that I specifcally said no Baze, Gk or Shore in the title, i noticed you only adressed 2 out of the 5 enemy toons. Who will deal with Chaze and R2 while Veers, Shore and DT supposedly deal with Wiggs?

Boba ? Execute on Baze is clearly as powerful as doing this on zSavage. And I know you don't want Shore but if you cannot include one of the best taunter, then we cannot find anything. Shore is also a good way to get immune to Lando.
    And clearly, I wouldn't go on Wiggs first, once Wedge is daze and/or stun, you don't need to deal with him except if you want to put it again. DT can strike twice, which is great considering his damage, plus critical chance from Veers, TM reduction from zVader lead, etc...

I personally recommend to use zVader, TFP, Shore, DT and Veers. This is the counter team IMO. Buff immunity and AB on Baze, then AB on Chirrut, Daze + stun on Wedge and you can go. Like always, the thing is about to be fast which is the real meta.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    If you have Vader zeta'd then I would go with his lead, shore , tie ep/boba and nihilus , if not ep lead would likely be your best bet, and go Vader tie shore boba/nihilus,

• Jimbob
    62 posts Member
    You can get a 4 star shoretrooper in the store now for £20 so probs just do that. Also given that he provides crit immunity to whole team, he's gonna be very useful against R2s cleanse on crit Zeta which is a real pain to face.
  • Jimbob wrote: »
    You can get a 4 star shoretrooper in the store now for £20 so probs just do that. Also given that he provides crit immunity to whole team, he's gonna be very useful against R2s cleanse on crit Zeta which is a real pain to face.

Actually even though until now I was F2P i did just that. Hope it's worth it.