Have you ever played this game listening through headphones?

Prev1
Klocko
1017 posts Member
edited May 2017
Have you ever played this game listening through headphones? The sound design is amazing!

So tired of all the complaint threads, I figured I'd write a positive one.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Agreed! The sounds were done quite well!
  • They are well done. It's a shame the volume is muted 99% of the time.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    Have you ever played this game listening through headphones? The sound design is amazing!

The funny thing is BentWookiee already have edited your post lol
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Yes! I love the SW soundtrack, sometimes i just leave the main screen open to hear the music lol, even without the headphones...
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Gamorrean wrote: »

The funny thing is BentWookiee already have edited your post lol

Yeah. He changed the title. No big. The title originally was just "Have you ever?"
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Agreed (except for the ship cantina music). Sound is half of what makes star wars so incredible and the devs know it
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I like to play on an emulator on my pc - with good speakers. I agree, the sounds are amazing and extremely well done. The first time I defeated an enemy Darth Vader, I literally laughed out loud.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Aside from the music, which is top notch, other things like the lightsabers. Kylo definitely has a different sound to his. Not sure if it differs between Jedi and Sith, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I like to play on an emulator on my pc - with good speakers. I agree, the sounds are amazing and extremely well done. The first time I defeated an enemy Darth Vader, I literally laughed out loud.

Also AoE killing 3-5 guys at once is pretty funny. It's a chorus of "ugghs". Lol
  • SkyeLeonne
    252 posts Member
    Yes indeed
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Aside from the music, which is top notch, other things like the lightsabers. Kylo definitely has a different sound to his. Not sure if it differs between Jedi and Sith, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Kylo's is supposed to be different. Just look at the blade. Thats how it is in the movies as well. Its cool, man
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Yeah. @DatBoi. It's that little attention to detail that makes it great. I need to pay a little closer attention and see if sith sabers have a lower pitch than Jedi. They're kind of supposed to, but on mobile it may have been skipped.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Yeah. @DatBoi. It's that little attention to detail that makes it great. I need to pay a little closer attention and see if sith sabers have a lower pitch than Jedi. They're kind of supposed to, but on mobile it may have been skipped.
    Even the jedi sabers have subtle differences between them
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I thought so. Wasn't sure, so didn't want to say. Too many hyper-critical peeps on the forums.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    OP, I have Bluetooth earbuds and usually only have one ear bud in.

Whenever I actually put both in I am always impressed with how cool everything sounds. Even the little clicking sound-effects sound great!

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    All the button clicks, upgrade sounds, etc too. Even the bronzium cards. People can complain about this and that on the forums, but sound design will likely not be one of them.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    All the button clicks, upgrade sounds, etc too. Even the bronzium cards. People can complain about this and that on the forums, but sound design will likely not be one of them.

I saw a thread a while back where someone was complaining about the music. THE MUSIC!
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

I saw a thread a while back where someone was complaining about the music. THE MUSIC!

Seriously?! Did they want a hip-hop soundtrack or something? Do they even star wars?
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Kylo's is supposed to be different. Just look at the blade. Thats how it is in the movies as well. Its cool, man

Yeah he has a cracked kyber crystal so it looks and sounds different.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

Yeah he has a cracked kyber crystal so it looks and sounds different.

Exactly. They could have just ignored that, and made them all the same, but they didn't. Kudos for that.
  • Roadburn12
    542 posts Member
    I really love the sound of magnaguard's electrostaff, makes me happy every time i use him
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    I agree, the sound is exceptional. But, it can't pass without errors/bugs :smile:

You know, you turn MUSIC off, go to credit challenge, get bobafett in cantina with...unsquelchable cantina MUSIC :smiley:

10/10 for sound/music, on a serious note :smile:
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Glad so many can actually agree on something around here. :)
  • almost done with that beer... that's what got me hooked on this game at first, saber Lazer sounds, Chewbacca and jawa shouts...and to think it all started with home appliances!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i guess i'm missing out, perma mute xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If you wouldn't put your boombox in the water....
  • there's something for everyone, my young daughter of course is thoroughly entertained by the various Ewok screeching (as I'm sure any youngster would be), I think Cody's Order 66 holo AT-TE Mass-Driver Cannon might be my favorite sound/animation in the entire game.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    leef wrote: »
    i guess i'm missing out, perma mute xD

The only time mine is on mute is when I'm using the bathroom to sneak in an arena battle. People get wierded out when they hear death screams coming from the bathroom.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I agree. 90% of the time I play it muted but when the sound is on, I always enjoy it!
  • Hmm I've had it muted since I started playing, except once when they added lightsaber sounds to the character screen. I like no one around me to know what I'm doing.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu