WhipiT's Endgame PvP Q & A. Ask anything.

Replies

• @Keaven

The dev over on the subreddit has hinted that there are changes coming to Asajj that will make us love her so it looks like your decision to 7* her first might just pay off.

I'm almost finished getting her to 6* myself.
  • I noticed that DROIDS are farmable in the game early on:

HK 47 was offered in Droids pack. Farmable in Arena reward.
    IG 88 was offered in Droids pack. Farmable in Arena reward (darnit, HK 47, IG 88, Sidious, and Opress all in PvP reward!!)
    IG 86 was offered in Droids Pack. Farmable in Light and Dark Hard at Map 4. Cantina too, but too high for mention. also in Galatic War shipments)
    IG 100 MagnaGuard is Farmable in Cantina 3-C. Also in 6-E Hard, but hard to get there).
    Lobot is farmable in 2 places in Light Hard.

Poogle is farmable in Galatic War shipments.

So, pretty much , they'er all available to some degree. And many are readily available as early as level 42 when Galatic War opens. Granted, most won't use up Arena points for IG88 or HK 47, but they are there if there are players willing to take a chance. And in Galatic War, if you are not collecting Lumi's shards, then Poogle and IG86's are there.

Where do you see Droids fall in the end game? Surely they are there to provide some sort of balance in case all players go for Sidious, Lumi, Fett, JC, or Savage... right?

• I have read good things about both boba fett and fives. I am trying to decide who to focus on from cantina.

Which would be better for pvp?
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Keaven wrote: »
    Almost identical to the strategy I am using to start up the game, just slightly further along.

Personally I just can't see how a 3★/4★ Dooku is causing your opponents more problems than even a 6★ Talia.

What happens when you face a Dooku with your team? I would assume same as me. He goes down very fast and his attacks, multiple or not, barely do any damage.

You probably might not see many Talia to compare, I have and while she's not as formidable as many Heroes, she's far more annoying than Dooku, and quite simply she sustains more damage, even with her glitchy AI use of heal, and if she is not focused down her healing and special damage will hurt.

She is very quick and easy to promote super fast, as fast as GW shipment Heroes I am finding, so she's also not competing for shards from other important farming taps like shipments.

I am going between Talia and Consular to promote them with Cantina missions.

Sidious is of course solid, and is also who I'm picking up after Asajj is 7★

On a side note, getting Asajj early and deciding to max her before getting Sidous has been great for me so far. I'm destroying opponents who are now trying to promote him with very little squad synergy.

Yeah, I have seen you around posting and noticed we have a similar strategy.

To be fair, I might be being overly critical on my squad. I can beat Old Ben+Leia teams higher level than me usually.

When attacking I actually leave Dooku till last, he doesn't do too much damage as long as you refrain from AOE. I don't actually see him that much any more in the higher end of arena.

It's mainly that Talia doesn't bring the utility of Dooku. His lightning is a godsend to shut down a healer who is about to heal the target you are focusing. And he stuns more often than not on Jedi with his basic attack and counterattack.

Talia just doesn't do enough damage to compensate for the loss. And I don't even know why she is the only healer who has to sacrifice her own health to throw out an average heal. If her self heal was brought up to the level of Ahsokas it might compensate, but it's still only healing a paltry 300 it seems.

Anyway, I'll just have to experiment with a few different setups. They will both be benched in the long run once I get Sidious up and about.
  • JTEJ wrote: »
    I'm tempted by the path both of you guys are taking i.e. Ahsoka, Asajj, Talia etc but was curious about the viability of Ahsoka later on in the game. How does she match up?
    She will definitely be the weakest link in the squad, I'll wait and see, but I think she will get replaced.

I was initially getting Cantina tokens quite quick (was using a few 200 crystal refills while turbo levelling to open GW), so overestimated how quickly I could promote Cantina Shipment Heroes.

Will be very considerate of my next choice knowing how long it will take, and will likely stockpile Cantina tokens for quite a while in case the Hero list is updated in that time. Will likely choose someone with mission nodes as well.
    Slushie wrote: »
    @Keaven

The dev over on the subreddit has hinted that there are changes coming to Asajj that will make us love her so it looks like your decision to 7* her first might just pay off.

I'm almost finished getting her to 6* myself.
    Great. I wonder if he is simply referring to fixing the buff removal glitches.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Hi WhipiT. I just got Lando. I have been very curious about Lando after i saw your post. Could give me a video of Lando in high rank arena? ( i couldn't find on youtube) and Do you have any suggest to make him strong as much as possible? Thank you in advance.
  • Feel free to use this thread to ask any and questions

[/quote]

Well here is a question. How does ig86 do after level 50+ ?? I'm currently at 48 and i like this son of a b*tch. Especially his special attack is very useful. I know about his low hp but still...! So what do you guys think of him/her or whatever.
  • Is using an offense team to move up then changing to a defense team a viable strat? What is the best defense team?
  • slmcmr wrote: »
    Feel free to use this thread to ask any and questions

Well here is a question. How does ig86 do after level 50+ ?? I'm currently at 48 and i like this son of a b*tch. Especially his special attack is very useful. I know about his low hp but still...! So what do you guys think of him/her or whatever.[/quote]

He hits hard but his low hp means he needs high star level to stay alive as he gets focused down quickly. When IG-88 gets called for his assist, it hurts real bad. He performs best on a droid team.
  • Vladunk2 wrote: »
    Is using an offense team to move up then changing to a defense team a viable strat? What is the best defense team?

I tried that and it really doesn't deter the good players. I tried 4 healers and Ben/Chewie. Tried the Ima counter team (minus Kit Fisto since I didn't have him - used Luminara instead) . I may have cost them a turn or two, but it never sticks. Trouble is, I know how to survive an onslaught with those teams, but you can see how bad the AI handles it when you attack. The AI is pretty bad in timing taunts and heals, so I basically just keep my killer team in there and wait for the opportune times to strike back.
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »
    This is truly a great link, thanks Whip!!

Anytime!! Lets just hope we can lure more endgame players like Sero into the thread to get more opinions for new players to dissect!

I should've listened to Ackbar...
    200.gif

There are actually lots of soft launchies lurking around here... They are just too tired to come out and say anything after seeing majority of the community here resort to QQing to voice themselves. Even I'm getting a little exhausted seeing all the "This is gamebreaking" threads...

There are a few exceptions like you of course, that devote quite a far bit of time to explain and provide information for the community.

On topic, sadly you can't edit threads after an hour, I believe you will have more info to add on and opinions changed shortly as you see more of the lvl60 scene. Because everyone is tied down by the same gear/level/7*, you really start seeing all sorts of trends go around. A week ago, it the lumi as leader trend started. Now suddenly, more droids are popping out. Who knows what's next, nightsisters? ;)

So 7* storm trooper Han? Is that basically what you're ssyijg to do?
  • Slushie wrote: »
    Nice post and I hope you, Sero, and @Qeltar continue to add valuable info/discussion to these boards to help all the new players :)

Kind of you to include me in such august company, but I'm a "hard-launcher". I just post here too much. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Rutank wrote: »
    SeroZero wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »
    This is truly a great link, thanks Whip!!

Anytime!! Lets just hope we can lure more endgame players like Sero into the thread to get more opinions for new players to dissect!

I should've listened to Ackbar...
    200.gif

There are actually lots of soft launchies lurking around here... They are just too tired to come out and say anything after seeing majority of the community here resort to QQing to voice themselves. Even I'm getting a little exhausted seeing all the "This is gamebreaking" threads...

There are a few exceptions like you of course, that devote quite a far bit of time to explain and provide information for the community.

On topic, sadly you can't edit threads after an hour, I believe you will have more info to add on and opinions changed shortly as you see more of the lvl60 scene. Because everyone is tied down by the same gear/level/7*, you really start seeing all sorts of trends go around. A week ago, it the lumi as leader trend started. Now suddenly, more droids are popping out. Who knows what's next, nightsisters? ;)

So 7* storm trooper Han? Is that basically what you're ssyijg to do?

Nop, why you want Trooper Han? If you like rebel teams, I think leia would make a better leader of sorts. I brought up nightsisters because of some reddit reasons.
  • Ok so I was looking for a rebels team to make it as high as possible. So far who I got is
    Leia 2* lv 45 leader
    Luke 5* lv 50
    Biggs 3* lv 45
    I was thinking arkbar as leader and a both scout? But I feel I need a healer maybe luminara? But I still want all rebels or as much as possible? How would lando do?
  • Wifi
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Can u guys suggest the best possible pvp team to focus on? Here is what I have (all chars are 4 star atm) : Leia, ObiWan, Dooku, Asoka, Cad, Baris, Finn, Lando, Sidious, Talia, Phasma, Chewy, CT5555, Luminara, Consular, IG88, IG86 and Qui-Gon. I will have Vader soon as well. I am feeling overwhelmed as to which end game team I should work towards. Thanks!
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    totally new here thanks for all the info just few questions
    whats the meaning of AOE? DPS? FF? F2P?
    also who should i focuses on getting from cantina Poe or Boba?
  • Hi, and thanks for the post! How good are taunters in endgame pvp? Im thinking of getting ST Han geared up because of his supposedly sick turn meter switches. Any advice?
  • Finn wrote: »

AOE = Area of Effect = attacking multiple targets at once, e.g. Demoralizing Blows skill that Darth Sideous has

DPS = Damger Per Second = Level of damage a character can pump out on average

FF = Focus Fire (I think) = Only attacking one target to kill them off before they can be healed

F2P = Free to Play = People who don't spend money on the game

As for Poe vs Boba, personally I like Boba better but not had Poe for Long or levelled him up to same level as Boba yet.

• Finn
    111 posts Member
    Shenaria wrote: »
    Finn wrote: »

AOE = Area of Effect = attacking multiple targets at once, e.g. Demoralizing Blows skill that Darth Sideous has

DPS = Damger Per Second = Level of damage a character can pump out on average

FF = Focus Fire (I think) = Only attacking one target to kill them off before they can be healed

F2P = Free to Play = People who don't spend money on the game

As for Poe vs Boba, personally I like Boba better but not had Poe for Long or levelled him up to same level as Boba yet.

thanks for the replay
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Toolio wrote: »
    I'm at a bit of a crossroads with my squad. I went a bit off-spec and have been farming Ventress, Ahsoka and Luminara on their respective tables, and using Cantina energy for Talia.

My team until today has been:

Barriss (Leader) - 4* lvl 6 gear
    Dooku - 4* lvl 6 gear
    Luminara - 5* lvl 6 gear
    Ahsoka - 5* lvl 7 gear
    Ventress - 6* lvl 7 gear

I also have:

Talia - 6* lvl 7 gear
    Consular - 4* lvl 6 gear
    Windu - 4* lvl 6 gear
    HK47 - 4* lvl 6 gear

I usually time my pvp run well and finish in the top 10 on my server, as high as #3 some days. There's a power gap between 2nd and 3rd on my server though, those top two guys are almost lvl 60 with some insane costly teams.

Anyway I today replaced my Dooku with Talia. Not overly sold on her though, at her star level and gear I was hoping she would perform, but she still feels weak and I feel like I may be losing out by subbing Dooku. I also switched Ahsoka in for Barriss as leader because of the synergy, but I can't say I really noticed a difference in performance or more attacks being dodged.

From an experts point of view, should I persist with Talia and hope attackers struggle with a 3 healer setup? Or should I put Dooku back in? Also should I switch my cantina energy farming to Consular with the plan to eventually replace Barriss with him?

I feel like

Ahsoka
    Ventress
    Luminara
    Consular
    Sidious/IG88/HK47/Nightsister Initiate

Would be a great target lvl 60 team, not sure about that 5th spot though, everybody says get Sidious, and I do sometimes with I had heal block in PVP. I only need 80 more shards till 7* Ventress so I think I'll max her out first.

Sorry for the blog.

I feel that if you want to try Talia you need to upgrade attack ability to 6, and health until it only consumes 20%. Not sure where you have it now.
  • Thanks a lot for writing all this down, @WhipiT

Any chance to see you playing on Twitch?
  • Curious, hoping for some help. I saw that whipit WHOLEHEARTEDLY suggested Boba Fett, but what about Fives? I feel like he's good enough to get a mention, not to say that is who I have been working on lately.

Also, not to just copy pasta the whole thing here, but could I get some help with my team comp building? With both PVP and PVE teams? It's only a few posts down in the Character/Strategy subforum.
  • Who's a better leader for rebels Leia, Luke,han or arkbar?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Ashmor wrote: »
    Who's a better leader for rebels Leia, Luke,han or arkbar?
    This is like asking which is better, white chocolate or dark chocolate?

It all depends on the team you are using and the synergies that apeal to you. Even if rebel squads were common on the oldest arena advice would only be opinion, as there are many various squads you will face where one leader might work better for you than another.

I could give a list of ability types that I think work best on arena offense and/or defense, and mostly based on theory, experience, and the meta in my arena ranking in top 5, but I'm not sure what you really want here.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I am running Sid (leader) with Luke and I-88. Great single target nuke. I am looking for any way to increase the crit dmg and %. Any suggestions?
  • Lol kids thinks he's a pro. Too funny what a joke.
  • Great discussion thread. Wanted opinions on something. Running:

6 Sid gear 7
    5 Luminara gear 7
    5 Talia gear 7
    3 Poe gear 6
    3 Resistance trooper gear 7

Working on Poe to 7 via Cantina. Love the synergy with Expose from Poe and Turn meter synergy with trooper and his expose ability all of which works well with Sid aoe. Trooper is gonna be a long star process but wanted people's thoughts on Poe to 7 star? Also possibly sub in Vader for trooper or Ig98? Usually can get to 30-40 rank every day but can't break into top 20. Haven't spent a penny so far.

Mainly wanted to try something a little different and see what happens.
  • This is a good post. Every bodies endgame is different. If someone has 1k to spend, then their end game is going to be different then someone that doesn't even know if they will have the time to play at all.
    I enjoy this forum because people aren't stingy with info. Good stuff.
  • I hadn't thought of pairing the expose with the Sid AOE but I like the idea. I'll be farming Poe after my current Asoka is done.
  • Seasons Greetings

I'd like to hear thoughts on Cad Bane, admittedly its a character which is only chromium and 3star making it hard to upgrade, however in my arena and lvl range (55-58) there are so many annoying Jedi on enemy teams to make me consider powering up Bane just to have a merry time knocking them over. I do have plenty of anti-jedi characters (sidious, maul, vader, dooku) so that isn't really the issue. Its just that i like the character and was curious as to why no one seems to use him despite the current population of Jedi in arena.