[VIDEO] R2 Arena Play: Multiple Combos & Destroying Sith

Replies

• Darlex11 wrote: »
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Not trying to be lame, but it just looks like Chaze is the key to most if not all very strong light side team compositions.

I'm not complaining and thanks for the vids.

More or less agree here. Chaze is just a continuation of the rebels meta that has been floating in the top 10 for the past year. Just a matter of swapping out others to compliment them, whether that is GK, Nihilus, Zylo, Rex and now R2. R2 does make for a decent anti-dodge character so he is a good compliment against Zaul, making them easier and giving Chaze a chance to take back their top usage crown again.

The Jynn lead looks very effective and Cassian seems to lay down the law pretty well with her lead but the real driving force is Chaze. Basically run Chaze + 3 random meta characters and be able to compete in top 20, if not top 10.

I assume Snakes has them as well...but you could use a Jedi squad as a good example of the change in a squad with R2 vs. without. The clearest example would be a zJinn team WITHOUT GK with R2 and without R2 - the with R2 squad will have a big change in performance over the non-R2 squad against zDM teams.

I do not have direct evidence of this myself, but I've also heard droid teams have been materially improved with R2 in there as well.

It's hard to see in the videos with Chaze as Chaze was already....well Chaze...but R2 even has a big impact on how good Chaze is. The stat push is legit and smoke screen is a great tactical skill. Throw in a stun on basic....I think he's an elite tier arena toon, even in a non-dodge meta.
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Chaze is the pain. R2 or anyone is good. Chaze needs a nerf or others need synergy like that between two toons. Think it's more of a pain because of the bonus taunt at the beginning. They should remove encounter begin taunt from all toons.
  • Exwin
    19 posts Member
    Has anybody seen a R2 and clones team?
  • Darlex11
    235 posts Member

I assume Snakes has them as well...but you could use a Jedi squad as a good example of the change in a squad with R2 vs. without. The clearest example would be a zJinn team WITHOUT GK with R2 and without R2 - the with R2 squad will have a big change in performance over the non-R2 squad against zDM teams.

I do not have direct evidence of this myself, but I've also heard droid teams have been materially improved with R2 in there as well.

It's hard to see in the videos with Chaze as Chaze was already....well Chaze...but R2 even has a big impact on how good Chaze is. The stat push is legit and smoke screen is a great tactical skill. Throw in a stun on basic....I think he's an elite tier arena toon, even in a non-dodge meta.

Oh I dont disagree and can see how R2 is a definite benefit to many types of squads. Just that the squad showcased was caple of taking down Zauls on O in the first place and now its just easier. I imagine zQGJ squads with R2, Yoda, Kenobi are going to be supremely frustrating as well. That is the best thing to come from R2's release honestly, he is effective and bring benefits to many types of squads. But in the end I think the main impact of his release will be the movement of Chaze/Nihilus/Filler into the number one spot in place of the already shrinking zMaul field.
  • Prana_lama
    158 posts Member
    I've had success with Rex lead R2, Chaze, DN against Maul teams. Against other Rex teams I sub out Chaze and put in Zylo and Zarris. With a speedy R2 you can use smoke screen on Zylo essentially making him your taunter. Then keep off your AOEs an you'll gain the TM advantage since they will use their AOEs. As a bonus on defense R2 uses this same move using smoke screen targeting Zylo.
  • Chaze: Zzzzzzz. Already done to death
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Chaze: Zzzzzzz. Already done to death

Says the individual who barely even has them, and relies on Sith, Zylo, and GK in hopes of beating them:

https://swgoh.gg/u/oda_kosan_awa/collection/?f=rebel

Your arena rank is ALL over the place. Pay attention and you might learn something. Yawn.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Working on doing requests as mentioned above.
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Please try any combo that does not have Chaze in it. They alone were already good against everyone. I just would love to see something really different :)

Would just Baze or Chirrut be okay?
    This comes from a selfish place, but I'd like to know how well Ackbar(L), Leia, St Han, Ezra and R2. I have Lando in at the moment and I'm thinking of replacing him with R2

I don't have Ezra geared up enough to make him viable, yet. I'll keep it in mind as I work on him. Check out my profile so you'll know which combos I can make:

https://swgoh.gg/u/snakesonaplane/

Yes, would be ok.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Reading this the conclusion is CHAZE not R2 that is the star. What's new?!

You haven't watched any of the videos have you? If you did, you'd see the star is the synergy of the entire team. R2 has made many combos great again, including off the wall combos.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Roux
    90 posts Member
    The fact that R2 is bugged giving twice the offensive bonus is making things easier as well :)
  • Roux wrote: »
    The fact that R2 is bugged giving twice the offensive bonus is making things easier as well :)

@Roux can you prove there is a bug? Info showing such?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    Resistance with r2 also got a boost against zaul teams... r2 will significantly impact the number of zaul teams in arena. I now have to switch to zader to beat r2 teams...
  • Roux
    90 posts Member
    Roux wrote: »

Friend of mine showed me **** last night mate, from the group chat my understanding is R2 is getting twice the bonus and others getting the increase the same as R2 rather then the 10-15% of base stats they should get.

Could be a total misunderstanding of mechanics on our part.
    But that's our belief currently.
  • Roux wrote: »
    Roux wrote: »

Friend of mine showed me **** last night mate, from the group chat my understanding is R2 is getting twice the bonus and others getting the increase the same as R2 rather then the 10-15% of base stats they should get.

Could be a total misunderstanding of mechanics on our part.
    But that's our belief currently.

A group of us went over R2's mechanics on our Discord channel and didn't find anything concerning with them, nor felt as if they were bugged. They look solid. Is there any gameplay from any of your mates showing oddities?

@scuba

SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Roux here's the mechanics:

https://swgoh.gg/characters/r2-d2/ability/number-crunch

Number Crunch Level 8:
    At the start of battle, R2-D2 gains 10% Max Protection for each Droid ally, 10% Offense for each Galactic Republic ally, 10% Max Health for each Rebel ally, and 10% Potency for each Resistance ally.

So in my setup of R1 toons, R2D2 is only getting the 10% max protection (since he's considered his own ally), and 10% max health x 5, since all are Rebels.

Zeta adds:
    At the start of battle, and when R2-D2 revives, other Droid, Galactic Republic, Rebel, and Resistance allies gain 10% of R2-D2's Max Protection, Offense, Max Health, and Potency until R2-D2 is defeated.

R2 then gives all the above to all my Rebels (but not himself), which also works off the Protection and Health gains he gave himself above prior to the Zeta kicking in.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    Please try any combo that does not have Chaze in it. They alone were already good against everyone. I just would love to see something really different :)
    +1

This. Chaze suggestions are useless. Provide actual and concrete content by showing a team without Chaze.
  • amusedam_1
    125 posts Member
    Here are a few of my rex/r2 squads on autobattle with no chaze going against sith:
    https://youtu.be/4QtKA9pZKyg
  • amusedam_1
    125 posts Member
    Above is with Aayla and below is with sabine:
    https://youtu.be/ItwlczVbgis
  • amusedam_1
    125 posts Member
    Here is another with rex/r2/aayla vs DN lead, again on autobattle:
    https://youtu.be/avmConoddpI
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    Thx for posting amusedam... interesting compo
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    +1

This. Chaze suggestions are useless. Provide actual and concrete content by showing a team without Chaze.

What is useless? Name something you want to see.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Roux
    90 posts Member
    @SnakesOnAPlane it's very impressive with the bonuses zavage is getting one hit by Chirrut.
    Either way R2 is a game changer.
    On a zaul team a very fast SA and Very good RGN now essential to beat the Rex R2 combos.

Rex GK chaze teams always required a good understanding of mechanics and a little luck for zaul now u need a whole lot of luck :)
  • @SnakesOnAPlane would you be able to try Rex lead, gk, boba, R2, nihilus? I would like to see how it does before I swap mods over and try it myself.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @ImYourHuckleberry requested I post this video for him
    zeta QGJ jedi with R2 Number crunch Zeta vs DN lead, GK, Baze, Chirrut, R2
    https://youtu.be/f976pc-MCnE
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    @SnakesOnAPlane
    I know this if for Arena, but have you tested any combos of R2 in the tank raid yet?

I was thinking R2 could work really well on a Jedi team in Phase 1, especially for those guilds that either don't have Kylo or only allow one attempt for Phase 1. But I think he might need the zeta on Combat Analysis to make that work better than other combos.

Also, any idea how he might do just elsewhere in the raid? Just looking to get the most out of him in arena and raids as well.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

kGGddtz.png
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I love counter attackers. Is making one possible with r2 if you add a cleanser? So basically baze would be allowed with chirrut I suppose, but i would rather just see r2, baze, kenobi/rex, 2 other counter attackers of your choice.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    scuba wrote: »

kGGddtz.png

Lol. Yes Chirrut/Baze beat without Chirrut/Baze
  • scuba wrote: »

Thanks @scuba

@Mullato check this video out, since you love Jedi.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?