We need a toon with passive heal block.

Prev1
Olddumper
3000 posts Member
edited May 2017
Okay so there are a few toons that are making arena a mess right now.

Chaze, Zylo, Zarris and zavage. The AI just doesn't have any clue how to handle them. They all have one thing in common. They heal heal heal heal and the AI doesn't know how to target them. We need a toon with a unique similar to DN but with heal block instead of health down. It would probably look good on mother talzin. This would help the AI win a little more on defense vs these toons. They should find a way to start shortening the battles a little again.

Replies

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    We also need a toon with passive Annihilate, passive cleanse whenever an ally takes turn, passive shock, passive ability block, passive tenacity up and passive revive as well.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and Rey should be buffed.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    We also need a toon with passive Annihilate, passive cleanse whenever an ally takes turn, passive shock, passive ability block, passive tenacity up and passive revive as well.

We have like three of those... OP isn't out of line at all. Not sure why you're being so sarcastic.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options

We have like three of those... OP isn't out of line at all. Not sure why you're being so sarcastic.

Because he is being out of line. You have Palpatine with shock on his basic, you have Anakin with buff immunity/health immunity on his basic, you have Sidious with health immunity on his basic, you have b2 with buff dispel and buff immunity, what exactly is it that you want? If anything those abilities are far better than putting health immunity on a random toon..
  • Options
    Go the path MAA did and make it double edged:
    Pestilance made ALL debuffs unremovable while he was around. For both sides, only giving your side DoT resistance. Make someone who locks healing for both sides, while active, making them a risk-reward type.
  • Options

Because he is being out of line. You have Palpatine with shock on his basic, you have Anakin with buff immunity/health immunity on his basic, you have Sidious with health immunity on his basic, you have b2 with buff dispel and buff immunity, what exactly is it that you want? If anything those abilities are far better than putting health immunity on a random toon..

Have you ever actually fought one of these teams? They have three cleansers. You're only using Palpatine or Sid in arena if you're running a Zaul team. There's no way you're winning with a Zaul team now that R2 is out. Anakin only has 70% chance for HI/BI. On the occasion you actually land it, its cleansed immediately. Against a Rex lead, B2 just feeds the other team TM. An irresistible HI like Darth Nihilus' would cause the triple cleanse team to burn through all of its cleanses immediately, and Anakin would actually be a decent counter.
  • Options
    People moaning about chaze and zylo on here all the time. Gets a bit boring, everyone has had there turn, their not even meta so I don't understand the fuss at all
  • Options
    People moaning about chaze and zylo on here all the time. Gets a bit boring, everyone has had there turn, their not even meta so I don't understand the fuss at all

"Their not even meta"
    Well, if you think that your input is irrelevant. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about, or how to use the proper they're.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yeah, I wonder where people get the idea they are meta.... :wink:

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#all

Sure it's only a sample.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options

Have you ever actually fought one of these teams? They have three cleansers. You're only using Palpatine or Sid in arena if you're running a Zaul team. There's no way you're winning with a Zaul team now that R2 is out. Anakin only has 70% chance for HI/BI. On the occasion you actually land it, its cleansed immediately. Against a Rex lead, B2 just feeds the other team TM. An irresistible HI like Darth Nihilus' would cause the triple cleanse team to burn through all of its cleanses immediately, and Anakin would actually be a decent counter.

*Sigh* I am kind of bored of writing the same thing to all of those posts. Those team are not unbeatable. You need someone to dispel that annoying tenacity that Rex gives them in the beginning. And then you need someone to inflict an aoe stun or ability block. Well guess who can do that. Baze or B2 can dispel the problematic first tenacity up. Boba or Palpatine ca stun or ability block them. Is there RNG involved? Of course there is.

Also your whole idea is based on the fact that those toons will waste their dispels on an irremovable effect. What actually makes you believe that, the devs won't simply set a new rule to the A.I., that such negative effects, shouldn't be cleansed? Then what?
  • Options

*Sigh* I am kind of bored of writing the same thing to all of those posts. Those team are not unbeatable. You need someone to dispel that annoying tenacity that Rex gives them in the beginning. And then you need someone to inflict an aoe stun or ability block. Well guess who can do that. Baze or B2 can dispel the problematic first tenacity up. Boba or Palpatine ca stun or ability block them. Is there RNG involved? Of course there is.

Also your whole idea is based on the fact that those toons will waste their dispels on an irremovable effect. What actually makes you believe that, the devs won't simply set a new rule to the A.I., that such negative effects, shouldn't be cleansed? Then what?

I said irresistible, not uncleansable. Second, try running a team with EP and B2 in high-end arena. Let me know how that goes. You won't drop any less than 50 spots overnight.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options

I said irresistible, not uncleansable. Second, try running a team with EP and B2 in high-end arena. Let me know how that goes. You won't drop any less than 50 spots overnight.

You're going onto a completely different topic. Stop changing the subject. This topic was about the problem with 3 cleansers, not how good the team is on the defensive. You wanted to know how to BEAT the triple cleanse teams, I told you. If you want to stay in the top 10, the get the exact same team, you will always lose when you're the one defending the spot if the same team goes against you.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options

Good luck on defense when none of them know who to target. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. This would clearly balance the game out with out being OP.

This is why people should be required to post their database links to comment on here. Gaurenteed he is playing around down in the 50's. Squads need a buff on defense. Passive uniques are the best way to do that. They play the same on offense and defense.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    What some players fail to realize is, at high end arena, it's about defending, not just winning on offense. We understand how to defeat those heroes. We want a way to actually defend our ranking.

Passive uniques are very good. I'm on board with them so long as they are active only while the hero who brings it is alive.

I also like the idea of double-edged swords that @Alsend_Drake mentioned. That way it's not just use the anti-heal with a heal focused team.

As toons gain more convoluted skill kits, the more of a liability they are on defense. I like the idea of passive uniques used to help balance.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

"Their not even meta"
    Well, if you think that your input is irrelevant. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about, or how to use the proper they're.
    +1
  • Options

"Their not even meta"

Isn't funny how people have found 2 random non meta toons to complain about?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Good luck on defense when none of them know who to target. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. This would clearly balance the game out with out being OP.

This is why people should be required to post their database links to comment on here. Gaurenteed he is playing around down in the 50's. Squads need a buff on defense. Passive uniques are the best way to do that. They play the same on offense and defense.

@Olddumper

Google is your friend:

https://swgoh.gg/u/neo2551

I don't know... Average arena rank #1 for the past 30 days (without Chaze) on a January 2016 shard.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    What some players fail to realize is, at high end arena, it's about defending, not just winning on offense. We understand how to defeat those heroes. We want a way to actually defend our ranking.

Passive uniques are very good. I'm on board with them so long as they are active only while the hero who brings it is alive.

I also like the idea of double-edged swords that @Alsend_Drake mentioned. That way it's not just use the anti-heal with a heal focused team.

As toons gain more convoluted skill kits, the more of a liability they are on defense. I like the idea of passive uniques used to help balance.

Yes exactly. Rex and Zaul teams defend well because they rely on RNG based mechanics that you don't need to control. For there to be a serious counter to them, that team needs to be able to defend against them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    All teams are bad on defense. WAI.

You have to be active to maintain arena position day to day. WAI.

You have to spend crystals to refresh to move up after the bad AI lost 12 times on defense against teams you crush on offense. WAI.

You have to spend crystals to snipe and lock out. WAI.

TL;DR Offense uses crystals that wouldn't be needed if teams could hold on defense. WAI.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Use Deathtrooper then, deals mass healing immunity...
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

You have to spend crystals to refresh to move up after the bad AI lost 12 times on defense against teams you crush on offense. WAI.

TL;DR Offense uses crystals that wouldn't be needed if teams could hold on defense. WAI.

But some teams are better than others at defending and the meta naturally gravitates towards those.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »

But some teams are better than others at defending and the meta naturally gravitates towards those.
    This is a fair point to consider.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    DN Zeta is the absolute speed increase: don't even need to speed to apply a debuff, that is why I think it is bad for this game to develop such skills.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Edited to show that I was replying to @Olddumper

Well you can just check him out from the in game ally search.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/105693/anyone-willing-to-lend-a-strong-jka-or-gk-for-the-hard-nodes

P.S. He is currently 262.
    Post edited by Huatimus on
  • crzydroid
    7299 posts Moderator
    Options

There's already passive cleanse and passive revive.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Well you can just check him out from the in game ally search.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/105693/anyone-willing-to-lend-a-strong-jka-or-gk-for-the-hard-nodes

P.S. He is currently 262.

And now 150. And I do play against Chaze teams. Your post is therefor irrelevant. Half of those who are crying are not higher than rank 100, so we are at about the same rank. The difference is, I am building mostly my clones so I can help my guild, you are building mostly your arena team for your own benefit.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

There's already passive cleanse and passive revive.

Yeah right, I meant passive cleanse whenever the ally takes turn (not when the healer takes turn) and for passive revive you should make it 100% and not 10% :) and ask everytime the healer takes then it has a high percent chance to revive the dead ally. Sorry for being so imprecise, it is Sunday.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Okay so there are a few toons that are making arena a mess right now.

Chaze, Zylo, Zarris and zavage. The AI just doesn't have any clue how to handle them. They all have one thing in common. They heal heal heal heal and the AI doesn't know how to target them. We need a toon with a unique similar to DN but with heal block instead of health down. It would probably look good on mother talzin. This would help the AI win a little more on defense vs these toons. They should find a way to start shortening the battles a little again.

Right... so... next team Chaze, Zylo, Zarris and Zavage. DONE AND DONE!

*** edit, yes I know it wont work so well just felt the urge for a shpost
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »

Perhaps, but I think some of it has to do with teams being perceived as "easier" or "harder" to defeat - regardless as to whether or not the perception is accurate.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near the meta end of the pool, but I'm wholeheartedly against anything reducing the effectiveness of Jedi abilities, including Zarriss (or as those of us like myself who can't afford multiple zetas would say, Barriss).

This strikes me as a whale-only problem. I'd prefer they work on things that benefit non-meta teams. Like Jedi, or droids, or republic, or even tusken raiders. People don't need help killing my Barriss, they need different goals to pursue, or different counters to existing powerful people :)