Triple cleanse problems? Try B2

DarthApok
277 posts Member
edited May 2017
This guy is the perfect counter to the cleanse team meta and I'm surprised I don't see more of him at the top. I think it's mostly because there's just no room for him on top sides. I know mine had been sitting on the bench since running zeta Maul Sith team. But I decided to resurrect him and see his usefulness. And man does this droid make a huge difference.

zMaul, zSavage, Nihilus, zKylo, B2 is what I've been running the past few days. (Plan on using SA once she's geared a bit more)

There's a few different variants of the cleanse teams but for the most part they have no way to stop B2. And with Chaze/GK's retribution always countering, B2 can dispel/buff block faster then they can cleanse allowing you to target who you need to. Now he does have some weaknesses. The big one being Sith. Daze, shock, stun all effect B2 quite a bit and could render him almost useless. I think the big question is, who do you replace? For me Chaze was sacrificed but it's paid off imo. On defense I think I'm more of a target since missing a taunt but offensively it works extremely well. As for mods I've tried giving B2 more speed, in case he gets dazed. Moving away from the +accuracy he did have.
Post edited by DarthApok on

Replies

• DarthApok wrote: »
    (Plan on using Sassy once she's geared a bit more)

FTFY

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    SA is a girl. Other than that, solid points.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

She's no girl. She's a women.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

That's still incorrect. *She's a woman. WomAn. Women is plural and I think SA is only one person last I checked.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    DarthApok wrote: »

zMaul, zSavage, Nihilus, zKylo, B2 is what I've been running the past few days. (Plan on using SA once he's geared a bit more)

That is the exact team I use on my alt account. I sometimes use EP and sometimes use zSavage, its a lot of fun.

https://swgoh.gg/u/bahlor2/
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member

Yes I did actually know she's a girl. Must've just been a type or auto correct or something.
  • DarthApok wrote: »
    This guy is the perfect counter to the cleanse team meta and I'm surprised I don't see more of him at the top. I think it's mostly because there's just no room for him on top sides. I know mine had been sitting on the bench since running zeta Maul Sith team. But I decided to resurrect him and see his usefulness. And man does this droid make a huge difference.

zMaul, zSavage, Nihilus, zKylo, B2 is what I've been running the past few days. (Plan on using SA once she's geared a bit more)

There's a few different variants of the cleanse teams but for the most part they have no way to stop B2. And with Chaze/GK's retribution always countering, B2 can dispel/buff block faster then they can cleanse allowing you to target who you need to. Now he does have some weaknesses. The big one being Sith. Daze, shock, stun all effect B2 quite a bit and could render him almost useless. I think the big question is, who do you replace? For me Chaze was sacrificed but it's paid off imo. On defense I think I'm more of a target since missing a taunt but offensively it works extremely well. As for mods I've tried giving B2 more speed, in case he gets dazed. Moving away from the +accuracy he did have.

I use Zaul EP Vader Nihilus B2 and I finished in top 2 the last 4 days. I love/hate B2, he is so useless at everything else but I really need his dispel. Still I am gonna gear up DT and see if he is a better alternative, or try using both DT and B2 in the same team.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Or use a team that isn't debuff dependent.

I get what you're saying, B2 is great. But the intent of allowing you to switch up your team before each attack is to enable a healthy meta--if your team has trouble with a particular composition, you can use a different team. Just make sure your final attack of the day has a good defensive AI and synergy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Or use a team that isn't debuff dependent.

I get what you're saying, B2 is great. But the intent of allowing you to switch up your team before each attack is to enable a healthy meta--if your team has trouble with a particular composition, you can use a different team. Just make sure your final attack of the day has a good defensive AI and synergy.

I don't rely on debuffs myself but they do help. Its really just about clearing enemy buffs and the buff block. No taunts, no HoT and no tenacity makes life a lot easier. I could always beat triple cleanse teams, it's just 10x easier and quicker with B2. Other Maul teams are the only teams that give me trouble. Sith v Sith is just all about RNG so either things go your way or they don't.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »

She's allllllllll woman.
  • I run B2 (Zaul, EP, SA, Nihilus, B2) and it gets me around 1-4 every day but I fall to 17-23 every day as well. B2 is not a problem solver to a Chaze GK nor it is a problem solver to a dual tank GK+sith trooper or GK+baze either. The ONLY thing that solves triple cleanse is RNG.
  • ^

I have the same problem, I finish 1 or 2 but I fall outside 20, I really hope DT is a better alternative

• Did you just assumed Sith Assassin's gender?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Did you just assumed Sith Assassin's gender?
    Well, strictly speaking, you can't apply human gender schema to alien species like sith or bothans or whatever. What you're assuming is the Sith Assassin's biological sex, which is an entirely different thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Did you just assumed Sith Assassin's gender?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/95673/character-strategy-sith-assassin

CG refers to Sith Assassin as being a "she" or female. Therefore SA is a female.
  • I know, i was just joking around with you :D