R2D2 Event

Replies

• I've liked the event. +1
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Gotta be honest if you can't complete this event your empire team is garbage

Event was good just wish it was a better toon as a reward not a fan or R2
  • kaze0718
    49 posts Member
    Honestly I cant believe people cannot beat it. I havent invested in my Empire squad directly for this event before today because I thought I had no chance to 7* it anyways, but it was way way easier than I thought it would be, and also feels like way way easier than EP / Yoda events were.
    Beat it with a G11 EP, G10 TFP, G9 Tarkin, G7 RG and a level 35 Vader all the way to 6*. Gave a few tries to 7* and it felt like manageable, so I level up Vader and geared him up to G7 and beating 7* was a piece of cake. I understand the reluctancy from CG's side to make it too hard but it was certainly a bit of a disappointment in regards of difficulty.
  • I did it with Vader, Palp (lead), Tarkin, RG, and good 'ol Stormtrooper all G10. Had to try it a few times and messed with my mods a bit.
  • ZVader, Palpatine, TFP, Magma, Tarkin. Cleared final tier after about 3 tries. The trick is to keep concentrating on R2 first. The rest are easy after he's down.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Entity wrote: »
    G10 palps, G10 vader, G9 RG and G8 magma and Tarkin... not even close to clearing :/ its just Weird to read here how easy some find it. Is tfp that essential?
    Not at all. I cleared 7* with G10 EP, G9 Vader, G9 RG, G6 Tarkin, and G7 (but level 65) Magma.

I could almost clear it without worrying about mods. EP was the only toon with mods because he's been on my arena team for a while. Once I temporarily redistributed my other arena mods to the other toons, it was easy enough. I had the credits and mats to raise Tarkin and Magma to G8 (and Magma to level 85), but was trying to avoid having to use them.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Ruivussan
    310 posts Member
    Just about everyone says they used EP as lead to win. Which is probably why they pushed the event up. So no last day sniping.
  • Zephon
    122 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I ran 1-6 using a zVader lead then switched to EP lead on 7.

Team was EP (L), Vader, TFP, RG, Magma.

It's only now I realized that I haven't been 7* toons. I guess it's the mods that matter too.

What I regret though is doing 1-6 in auto coz I was still in the office and I wanted it done quickly. It's like having a fine lunch or dinner and just wolfing everything down and just savoring dessert.
  • I'm waiting to get my TFP to 4* before I can do Tier IV and hopefully also get it to 5* and also my Snowtrooper to 5* with lucky pulls from Bronzium so I can at least hopefully unlock him. I was focusing on my Jedi for 7* Yoda and then Rebels for Emperor's Demise before R2 event was announced so now I'm kind of scrambling to get my toons up enough to at least unlock R2. But if I don't, I don't. It's not like I got Yoda or Palp first time around, and I still haven't unlocked Palp, hoping to do that this time around.
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I like rare events we are given no time to prepare for, with RNG shard packs that don't give you a reliable way to unlock the event. I also like waiting 6 to 12 months for the event to come back. Yes, it's a great event and really fun.....honestly I usually don't really post to complain but people like OP who post to congratulate CG on being greedy and ruining the fun of the game really grind my gears.

For the record, here's how it should have gone down:

-Oh sweet, R2D2 is coming in a month or two.
    -Great, they announced ahead of time what we'll need to complete the event.
    -Excellent! We know when the event is coming back if we can't complete it this time.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Loved the event! @CG_Conduit23 congratulations!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    Celebration day? DAY? D A Y ? ? ?

15 min event... the party is over...
  • I beat it with Vader G10, palp g10, rg g10 and magmatrooper g8 and TFP gear 8
  • What's absolutely **** about this event is that they pulled their norm. They say it's for 80+ at T7. Realistically that should mean any squad of 85's with a lead in place should probably be able to take it. I've pretty much gone through all of my viable combinations of full 85's and unable to clear out T7. They're all G9 & 10 with full mods.

I also know that RNGesus hates the ever-loving crap out of me, but it's still annoying.
  • osamamatix
    158 posts Member
    What's absolutely **** about this event is that they pulled their norm. They say it's for 80+ at T7. Realistically that should mean any squad of 85's with a lead in place should probably be able to take it. I've pretty much gone through all of my viable combinations of full 85's and unable to clear out T7. They're all G9 & 10 with full mods.

I also know that RNGesus hates the ever-loving **** out of me, but it's still annoying.

are you targeting r2 first?
    i bet it with ep lead g10, vader g10, tfp g10, rg g9 tarkin g7 with incredibly average mods (and tarkin didnt have full mods just some crap leftovers and like an **** when i leveled (80) and geared (7) him i forgot to level his abilities haha so they were all on level 1 and i didnt realize)
    couldnt beat t7, fail after fail, i was concentrating on defeating all the other damage dealers first thinking id be taking less damage, with my best effort leaving chewie and r2 still up. then i switched up tactics instead of going for others first then concentrating on r2, i targeted r2 first and cleared it easily first attempt with everyone still standing except tarkin. r2 is lightning fast in this event and the buffs he spreads is danger
    you should be able to beat it, you have better line up than me
  • C_Man101
    195 posts Member
    my main complaint with the event is that it's a non-empire event

my FO are better geared then vader/rg n a bunch of troopers
  • The people who have easy success so far have fielded shoretrooper. Without the encounter starting taunt, the rebels could easily take out g8 tarkin/tfp within the two rounds they get before Empire has their first turn.

Don't need Shoretrooper.

G11 EP
    G11 ZADER
    G11 TFP
    G10 RG no mods
    G1 level 1 no mods Magtrooper

Excuse me. Shoretrooper OR at least 3 g11 toons and a zeta lead
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Excuse me. Shoretrooper OR at least 3 g11 toons and a zeta lead
    Again, no.

I was able to beat it quite easily with:

G10 EP (L)
    G9 Vader
    G9 RG
    G7 Magma (level 65)
    G6 Tarkin

Not a single G11, no zetas, no shoretrooper.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    self entitlement anyone???
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Tigzie wrote: »
    Gotta be honest if you can't complete this event your empire team is garbage

Event was good just wish it was a better toon as a reward not a fan or R2

Not everyone has been playing the game long enough to have fully flushed out empire. Not everyone even has enough 7 star toons. Also some people have DT and shore (for example) at high gear but not seven stars. They might have a pretty sweet empire team but just not quite there on seven star toons.

Pretty flippant op.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Obviously you don't need at least shore, mostly gear 11 or a zeta lead. Are people gunning for R2 first on tier 7? Properly using shock. EP lead gives potency....
  • Second day and I managed to scrape through. Took it with Palp(L), Vader, RG, TFP and Snowtrooper, G8 all around. It's tough as hell and took a bunch of tries, but it's scrapeable.
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    I did it with g10 EP (lead), g10 Vader, g11 RG, g7 Magma, g6 Tarkin. Had to put my best speed mods on Vader and EP. They had speeds above 210, but I handled it first try.
  • T7 is c*ap! Just tried it for the umpteenth time & literally got 2 turns before all mine were dead! How r u meant 2 target r2 when he keeps getting stealth or Chewy taunts anyway?
  • It took me probably 20-25 attempts to beat T7 with some Leader swaps along the way. My winning squad was Lvl 85 EP (L)(G10), Vader (G10), RG (G9), GMT (G9), and Magma (G8). I was too lazy to do much on the Mod swap front and didn't even have all of Magma's Mods to Lvl 15.

As stated by others the key is to hit R2 at every available opportunity...I didn't even care if someone else was one shot from death as R2 is just too deadly not to take down. For me the AoE of EP and Vader slowly sapped the Health of everyone else (Magma and GMT were pretty useless on the damage front). Yes Chewie will taunt, possibly even on turn 1, but just fight through it.

Best news is that compared to other characters R2 is actually not as ridiculous to Gear up.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    Event was perfect, not meant for everyone to complete on first go. End of discussion.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Under geared, since I don't have Raid gear hoarded due to me running my own with more lower level people thanks to a bad guild at first (and let's me play with my brother)

Managed to cheese it after countless tries. Got shock on the rebels, and Pappy just took dozens of shots at r2, whittling him down, and the survivors see at critical HP and then it was just shock spam Chewie down.
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    After about 20 tries I beat tier 6 with
    G9 EP
    G8 Vader
    G7 tfp
    G7 snowtrooper
    G6 tarkin
    Like 28k power total

Alot of RnG involved for me to kill it but it can be done with this ****.

Will try tier 7 when I get snowtrooper to 7 stars and repost. EP will be gear 10 and tfp 8 hopefully I dint break my tablet trying for this one. Almost did on tier 6

If youre on here with all g10/11 characters talking about how easy itwas of course it was for you lol.... we want to know what the minimum to complete it is not what soem level 85 account with fully geared empire characters can do.
  • You people crying about not being ready.. you need to know how to read trends.. that's part of the fun.. a lot of what they do with events have been trending... empire has been trending before this event.. if you slept on it and kept working on your rebel squad for whatever reason or FO like I have.. then don't complain.. you could see a mile away that you needed an empire squad soon.. when the movie comes along you will need some type of FO squad for something.. maybe probably need some type of resistance squad.. who knows you will see the trend as it gets closer.. just shut up and play the game stop crying cause you weren't able to read what's coming