R2D2 Event

Replies

• I just beat the 7* tier. The previous tiers were easy. Took me about 4 hours and a million credits moving around mods to finally get it. In my opinion, this has been the best event yet, not too easy, not too hard, with hopefully a great reward.
  • My complaint is a little different. The calendar for the events was updated yesterday. The R2 event is shorter than the old legendary events (11 days). Since there's no overlap between the two events, I can't 7* the event for 3-6months.

Can I survive? Sure.

But if they would have been clear about the timeline, I could have EASILY farmed Magma to 7* within the timeframe. Now, I can't. I should have Tarkin 7*ed by the second to last day of the event, but it's pointless beyond having a good second capital ship.
    In all seriousness, you might save yourself a few months of dissatisfaction by going ahead and buying that Magmatrooper pack they're offering. Soften the blow by dividing the price by the number of months of 7* R2 happiness you expect to get.

I did exactly same thing with Shorty.
  • My toons weren't up to par, TBH. It was a challenge. I ended up pulling the best speed secondaries from 4 of other toons and putting them on zVader. Needed him to go as soon as possible to avoid being horribly debuffed.... once he dropped his Aoe, the rebels all basically killed themselves. RG stuck around long enough to let my other guys get a hit or two, and run down the DoT Clock.

It was a pretty good challenge, even with Zader it was touch and go with the riff raff that made up the other 3 members of the squad.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • kyrolan
    56 posts Member
    these events are always the same you have the toons and it's easy. (my case this time) zader, emp, shore, RG, tarkin. tarkin was my weak link but he is still gear 10 7 star so it was easy. so I just literally walked thorugh all the tiers and never lost. so borderline too easy.

you don't have the toons and it is a mad dash to try to gear them before the events over and that sucks if you don't like spending money.

the very first yoda event was the one that got me. just did not have the toons to do it in the first event so had to live with 6 star until it came back.
  • I could only get 5* R2D2, but I still really enjoyed this event.
    I had 4 toons at 7* and the last at 5*, I know I could spend money to get him the rest of the way up but I've been f2p up to this point and this just isn't enough to push me over the edge. I'll have to wait for the next time the event rolls around, which is fine by me, by then I'll be ready.
  • Lebronaims wrote: »
    After about 20 tries I beat tier 6 with
    G9 EP
    G8 Vader
    G7 tfp
    G7 snowtrooper
    G6 tarkin
    Like 28k power total

Alot of RnG involved for me to kill it but it can be done with this ****.

Will try tier 7 when I get snowtrooper to 7 stars and repost. EP will be gear 10 and tfp 8 hopefully I dint break my tablet trying for this one. Almost did on tier 6

If youre on here with all g10/11 characters talking about how easy itwas of course it was for you lol.... we want to know what the minimum to complete it is not what soem level 85 account with fully geared empire characters can do.

It may be tough, I easily did 6 and massively struggled on 7 (though my Vader IS 6*, so he wasn't usable)
    One thing to know is the last one they start at 100% TM, are really Fast, R2 spams Burning like crazy, and they're immune to TM reduction.
    Lv.85 account
    I used:
    Gear 8 Pappy 80 lead
    Gear 8 Magmatrooper 76
    Gear 8 RG 75
    Gear 8 Tarkin 71
    Gear 8 TFP 80

I poured them all full of Speed Mods.
  • Daddyl
    46 posts Member
    Rng and smart modding. Took a few attempts but got 7star with 2 g 10 and 1 g 11 and g8 filler again modded well. Good event and enjoyed the challenge.
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    aclbosox wrote: »
    Event was perfect, not meant for everyone to complete on first go. End of discussion.

i'll second that. i only completed t6. i gotta wait until next time for that 7th star. no big deal it will come sooner or later. i'm not going anywhere.
  • Lebronaims wrote: »
    After about 20 tries I beat tier 6 with
    G9 EP
    G8 Vader
    G7 tfp
    G7 snowtrooper
    G6 tarkin
    Like 28k power total

Alot of RnG involved for me to kill it but it can be done with this ****.

Will try tier 7 when I get snowtrooper to 7 stars and repost. EP will be gear 10 and tfp 8 hopefully I dint break my tablet trying for this one. Almost did on tier 6

If youre on here with all g10/11 characters talking about how easy itwas of course it was for you lol.... we want to know what the minimum to complete it is not what soem level 85 account with fully geared empire characters can do.

It may be tough, I easily did 6 and massively struggled on 7 (though my Vader IS 6*, so he wasn't usable)
    One thing to know is the last one they start at 100% TM, are really Fast, R2 spams Burning like crazy, and they're immune to TM reduction.
    Lv.85 account
    I used:
    Gear 8 Pappy 80 lead
    Gear 8 Magmatrooper 76
    Gear 8 RG 75
    Gear 8 Tarkin 71
    Gear 8 TFP 80

I poured them all full of Speed Mods.

Nice if you did it at tier 7 at thos3 gear levels I should be able to do it if I move all my mods around and soend some time waiting for rng. thank you . Thing that worries me is not having a taunt. At tier 6 they all went first and gave me a hard time too
  • I have tried different combinations. Best team is
    Moff (L)
    Vader
    Shoretrooper
    DTrooper
    EP

I beat it with
    Moff as lead G7 L70
    Vader G7 L78
    DT G5 L64
    Storm trooper G6 L68
    Magmatrooper G6 L68

• Tigzie wrote: »
    Gotta be honest if you can't complete this event your empire team is garbage

Event was good just wish it was a better toon as a reward not a fan or R2

Yet he's quickly establishing himself as part of the meta. He's THAT good.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Tantema_Garnik
    302 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    R2 Event was the best Event compaired with Yoda and EP.
    Loved him, since the Phönix event, where I could battle him the first time.

My troops were not ready for 5*, but I had a 4* Snowtrooper laying around. (Stopped him after reading he is(now: was) not good at all). No Zeta at all.
    Since I had 7*Vader, RG 5*EP, Tarkin and 3*TIE

I know from that time on, that the max target would be 5*. (It takes a month, for me, to get a new Trooper up to gear, mods and lvl for battle)

Getting Snowtrooper up to 5* was quicker as TIE. Got enough guild coins (thanks gilde 'Zukunft') and time to finish him. I had 6 days as a reserve. I saved 7 mil, 15 Omegas as a last Reserve just in case.

The event was great. I enjoyed every round fighting my way towardes the Rebels camp. Last fight was hard, but fair. Did not need to use any of the reserve at all.

R2 is now geared 8, lvl 65 and is compliting speed mod. Had his first battle in GW node 12 - now he is battle proved and gave me lots of confidence how to handle him.

Also R2+Yoda is acting as a zQGJ for poor(Zetaless) people:
    1) R2 gives foresight to Yoda and stealth to the rest
    2) Yoda gives foresight and tenacy to the team
    Result: Everyone has at least foresight (like zQGJ) and tenacy up.

Conclusion: I will always think back: as a very usefull lvl85 gift. 5 star (rating) :-)
    Post edited by Tantema_Garnik on
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    +1 I thought the event was great! I understand it's disappointing when you don't 7* an event but that's part of the game, especially if you're newer and/or F2P. The reality is unless you've been banking up gear or buying it, R2 is an expensive g11.
  • I'm waiting to get my TFP to 4* before I can do Tier IV and hopefully also get it to 5* and also my Snowtrooper to 5* with lucky pulls from Bronzium so I can at least hopefully unlock him. I was focusing on my Jedi for 7* Yoda and then Rebels for Emperor's Demise before R2 event was announced so now I'm kind of scrambling to get my toons up enough to at least unlock R2. But if I don't, I don't. It's not like I got Yoda or Palp first time around, and I still haven't unlocked Palp, hoping to do that this time around.

Update: I did get my Snowtrooper and TFP to 5* and managed to unlock R2 on the first try with TFP and Vader still alive out of my squad of Vader 7*, Tarkin 7*, TFP 5*, Snowtrooper 5* and RG 6*. xD
  • Sir_Travelot
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I thought this event was great, but I did feel a little bit annoyed that the T7 Rebels were immune to turn meter effects. I had to use magmatrooper, and he was useless. It felt kitten to get all the way to the end only to have the Devs say 'no, you can't use that character'. It felt unfair.

I feel like there​ should be a better solution to dealing with a particular mechanism than simply disabling it entirely for one battle. It's a cheap, kitten solution to a design problem.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Struggling with the last 7*battle. Using Palpatine Vader Stormtrooper Veers and Tarkin. All level 85 and omega. Gear 11 with 4 dot mods maxed. Not even denting rebels.

Rebel squad takes a good dozen turns before I get one turn, then rebel squad gets another 6 or so not even giving me a chance.
  • will chime in my two cents. i used a team of ep lead, vader, veers, tfp and rg. focused on speed and health mods and stunned r2 with ep's basic as often as i can. then i took out han, leia and luke, then ben and finished off chewy. only used ep's special twice and it took over 100 tries.
  • Hi there,

I did the 7* star event yesterday, after unlocking 7* Vader and Magma. It tooks me 5 try with this comp
    • EP G10 lead
    • Vader G9
    • Tarkin G8
    • RG G8
    • Magma G8

They were all modded with my arena stuff.
    Focusing order (depending on who is stun, stealth... :smiley: ) : Han, Leia, Luke, R2, Ben, Chewi
    Magma was almost useless except for taking damage during the fight but easy to farm to 7*.
  • I was able to do the event verily easily since I run Empire in GW. They don't have Arena Mods but good enough
  • Just had another 10 goes, for my profile I must need gear 12+. I can't see how people with lower spec toons unlocked so easy.
  • I wish I could record it as it hilarious lol
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Just had another 10 goes, for my profile I must need gear 12+. I can't see how people with lower spec toons unlocked so easy.
    The speed of your attackers will probably make a big difference. The faster your Emperor & Vader are, the easier it should be. Not sure what I would recommend for minimum speed; but the closer both of them are to 200 speed, the better. Ideally you should have at least one taunting tank (with 40k combined health/protection or more) who can keep R2 preoccupied and survive several of his stun attacks.

If you have any more fast, well geared attackers in your squad, that's even better. But not absolutely necessary if you fulfill the above mentioned.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • Its false misleader, at info, to begin with, favoring some to dis favor others
  • Warstaaker wrote: »
    I ran Palpatine lead, Vader, rg, Tarkin, and magmatrooper 50 times before I realized that you had to take out R2 first. His passive buffs make it impossible unless you focus on him FIRST.

And how did youbtake out r2 d2?
  • My EP is at 188, Vader 156, and TFP 200+. I don't have great mods but it's all RNG too
  • srgj88
    102 posts Member
    Any advice on getting R2 at 7*? I have Emp as leader (Gear 8, maxed abilities, lev 85), Vader (Gear 9, all but Zeta, lev 85), Tarkin (Gear 8, lev 7 or higher abilities, lev 85), ST (gear 8, maxed, lev 82) and RG (Gear 8, maxed, lev 85). Also have Magma troop that I can sub in (Gear 8, all but zeta, lev 80). Closest I've come is just R2 and Chewie left, but mostly get destroyed. I've hit it about 200 times. Take out Han first, then Leia, then Luke...then R2 goes on a rampage. Any ideas?
  • srgj88 wrote: »
    Any advice on getting R2 at 7*? I have Emp as leader (Gear 8, maxed abilities, lev 85), Vader (Gear 9, all but Zeta, lev 85), Tarkin (Gear 8, lev 7 or higher abilities, lev 85), ST (gear 8, maxed, lev 82) and RG (Gear 8, maxed, lev 85). Also have Magma troop that I can sub in (Gear 8, all but zeta, lev 80). Closest I've come is just R2 and Chewie left, but mostly get destroyed. I've hit it about 200 times. Take out Han first, then Leia, then Luke...then R2 goes on a rampage. Any ideas?

Shock everyone a d kill r2 first
  • I'm having trouble, even moved around my best mods to them. Best I can do is taking out Han, Leia, and Luke. Here's what I got...

EP G9 L lvl 78
    Vader G10 lol 84
    Tarkin Go lol 71
    RG G8 lvl 80
    Stormtrooper lvl 65

I know their levels suck. If we get a credit heist this morning, gonna try and pump those numbers up. Any advice on who I should focus on? I'm thinking I should pump Tarkin up as much as I can to make it happen.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    I had:

Palpatine G10 (Lead)
    Vader G10
    TFP G9
    Tarkin G8
    Magma Trooper G8

TFP was definitely the mvp, and I loaded all my speed mods onto him (to about 280 or so speed I think), and then just debuffed the enemy. I focused down R2 first, chaining attacks almost immediately with the TFP, and after he was gone it was a piece of cake.

I used 3 tries for this, after failing about 10 times with a completely different setup under Tarkin lead.