This awesome update needs some appreciation

Prev1
After reading through all the shard shop complaints, I can rarely find anything positive about this new update (what did I expect :o).

I for one and many others that I talked to (normal players on Line), really enjoy the update. The interface changes, the new Jedi stances (finally not every one hand saber Jedi has the same animation), the quick bugfixing on QGJ, the shard shop etc.
Also it feels smoother and less laggy.

So I for one, don't see any reason to complain. Would be interesting to see how it affects the meta as well. Now I know there is more to come and thursday we can expect the Yoda event.

I just wanna say thanks for this update and the effort you put in there. I can see a lot of changes in a relative short time which is impressive to say the least. Between all the cry... eh complaints about toons, shard shop and what not (every aspect will get complaints no matter what), I thought it would be nice to have a positive sound as well.

Thanks EA/CG for the big update. Nice to see things shake up!
439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    The shard shop is useless, but that affects a small percebtage of the players (who are rightly upset). Everything else is good
  • Shop useless, ui cluttered, fonts smaller, everything 40% slower, huge undocumented meta shifting patches. Thanks for the event at least. Even the missions tabs are harder to see like why even re do what wasn't broken.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Don't get us wrong, the update is great. Only the shard shop is borderline useless.
  • I enjoy the game. It's not perfect but it's fun. I like the update - it's moving the game in the right direction.

Ps. For negativity purposes, please nerf QGJ
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Well said CronozNL. I notice you're always positive and uplifting. I enjoyed reading all your comments mate : )

ps. Replacing heroes feel a bit laggy and I still haven't receive my droid money yet, forgot to sold them before the update hehe. Everything is very good !

ps 2. Shard shop will always be useless, if those spend money unlocking every heroes, you should know by now those shard shop are completely useless. My advice? invest wisely and go 100% f2p but its to late for some of you hahahahaha

jk... peace
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    After reading through all the shard shop complaints, I can rarely find anything positive about this new update (what did I expect :o).

I for one and many others that I talked to (normal players on Line), really enjoy the update. The interface changes, the new Jedi stances (finally not every one hand saber Jedi has the same animation), the quick bugfixing on QGJ, the shard shop etc.

So I for one, don't see any reason to complain. Would be interesting to see how it affects the meta as well. Now I know there is more to come and thursday we can expect the Yoda event.

I just wanna say thanks for this update and the effort you put in there. I can see a lot of changes in a relative short time which is impressive to say the least. Between all the cry... eh complaints about toons, shard shop and what not (every aspect will get complaints no matter what), I thought it would be nice to have a positive sound as well.

Most of the update seems like it's going to be good: new content, some fixes and balances, expanding the meta so it doesn't revolve around a group of 5-8 characters.

The UI updates are also nice; I've actually stopped playing the game on my phone unless I'm out of the house, because it actually looks decent on a 32" HDTV.

Overall, I think the devs might actually learn how to design and balance a turn based battle system with a deep roster.
  • Thank you @CronozNL Makes me happy we talk everyday. Now i'd like to say that this game is now my favorite game after XCom2 and SW:Battlefront, probably top 10 of all time. I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was 4, and now i get to collect all the awesome characters. Even tho i'm f2p i enjoy this game and i play on way too many accounts and spend way too many time playing it.

Thank you @EA_Jesse for being on the forum and answering to everything this forum throws at you. I really love this game and hope to see many more updates like this in the future.
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]
  • The ability to see full teams not gives the game a certain strategy it didn't have before now we can switch characters on the go to counteract other characters.
  • CronozNL wrote: »

I join in Thanks
  • Jsnazz wrote: »
    Well said CronozNL. I notice you're always positive and uplifting. I enjoyed reading all your comments mate : )

ps. Replacing heroes feel a bit laggy and I still haven't receive my droid money yet, forgot to sold them before the update hehe. Everything is very good !

ps 2. Shard shop will always be useless, if those spend money unlocking every heroes, you should know by now those shard shop are completely useless. My advice? invest wisely and go 100% f2p but its to late for some of you hahahahaha

jk... peace

if everybody goes 100% f2p the game will be closed :) The game should generate some profit in order to run and improve it. I am a light spender. We need whales on spending as well.
  • There are a number of hidden gems in the update.. a number of things that I'm not sure of and yep there are those changes that make me a very unhappy bunny...

But the good changes are the colour coding of items in the shipments... general UI improvements... and oddly the life steal fix...

Although characters like Maul, Rey and Sidious don't have a lot of lifesteal... it's made them slightly less flimsy! But under the right circumstances and timely use of certain abilities... it's removed the need to have dedicated healers in the Arena.. but also increased the importance of healing immunity debuffers!

Not sure where the dev is going with that change... but so far... I like it. For one it makes facing Poe a less daunting problem... Not saying it still isn't a problem but just a less daunting one
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Yes I love the update, but the reason many are negative is the shard shop, but many of us felt it like a kick below the belt, so we forgot how happy we were when we saw all the other things
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I like how lumi is now in the correct stance

QGJ has sleeves now ( now need to fix his lightsaber Pike )

Yoda <3

Some problems with the speed leadership skills.

Its nice to see more stuff added soon

If they could fix the defence problem by implementing % damage reduction

It would open the meta n make things more interesting.
  • I like it save for two things I HATTTE. Locking yoda behind and event for high rollers (thats what it is. Lets be honest save for lumi and QGJ no one was focusing on jedi) and being able to see arena teams which completely removes any mystery from arena....I would say I really don't like this update
  • Actually there has been a few posts showing appreciation towards the devs, the game, the update, etc :) but I'll take the opportunity to show some more appreciation here too :) GJ EA/CG!
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Haters will always speak louder
  • 20 extra shards to buy the shards you want. That's not horrible. It's not supposed to be easy. I love the update. The animations look great. Looking forward to seeing how Mace had improved. Love the QGJ beating Poe in the arena
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I haven't read up on all the Shard shop hate so I'm not sure what the complaint is. My only complaint is that if you already have a timer on resets, why limit it to only 6 random choices per day? Make all characters that are available have the possibility of showing in there show every day and you are still limited to getting two shards a day.

Other than that, I love the patch so far. As others have said, the graphic touches and the new poses really enhance the game. Well done.
  • Really cant wait for YODA!!! Other than that, i must say that the update was nice. Is it me, or is it lumi stance are kinda different now? Hope they change more of jedi/sith stance coz looking at luminara and QGJ having a different stance is really cool. The lifesteal would really help in GW i think, though they aren't going to do much in arena since people usually just one shot kill there.

Thank you for the update!!!!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Perongeluk wrote: »
    Thank you @CronozNL Makes me happy we talk everyday. Now i'd like to say that this game is now my favorite game after XCom2 and SW:Battlefront, probably top 10 of all time. I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was 4, and now i get to collect all the awesome characters. Even tho i'm f2p i enjoy this game and i play on way too many accounts and spend way too many time playing it.

Thank you @EA_Jesse for being on the forum and answering to everything this forum throws at you. I really love this game and hope to see many more updates like this in the future.

:D
    Indeed, EA_Jesse and CG_John reply faster than most devs I've seen on forums (not that I've seen a lot but still).
    Let's keep it that way! Didn't expect this much reactions here but I appreciate them all (good or less good)!

@Jsnazz
    Thanks mate and likewise. I'm not always positive but I try to be as much as possible around here, which ain't easy hehe

PS: I do get the disappointment about the shard shop and I greedily spend my 450 shards on 2 DV shards. But nowhere is it stated that the toon will keep being exclusive in the shard shop (right?).
    Isn't there a chance that at some point, we might get it through some extra hard nodes or cantina battles?
    There are still some LS/DS missions and Cantina battles that have to be unlocked. Also on certain nodes there are no shards at all. I expect to see them filled in the coming time.
  • I was considering on buying something and the pack appeared so I went with that. My way of saying thank you for the big update (btw is GW rewarding way way better cristal and T3 mats or I was extremely lucky today? (no visual bug, actual numbers!)). So the pack is a nice idea, no farming, gambling, grinding, which I have a bit of an issue buying just for that.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • You don't realize the Event Droid change will mean you constantly run out of money. Also Training was nerfed severy as well. Why? Wait and see...
  • I like e dry thing about the update....
    Maybe give us a way to get 5 star training droids again. But I love how the made everything better looking and easier to use. Nice job with making so we will have events, fixing the speed and all the ajustments on the characters. Don't know if I like life steal yet. But I won't complain about it
  • Dashboard
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This update is great! Time for some righteous positivity in this post!

- The Shard Shops fills the exact role it should! Now you can spend excess shards, thus giving a otherwise useless concept, value.

- Nerfs, buffs, health steal galore. Not a single change has made me go into a sensitive "I want a refund frenzy", because I understand that changes have to be made. Sure, some heroes of mine we're nerfed, but they had it coming.

- Yoda, 'nuff said.

- For some reason, the game is faster, it loads faster and performs faster.

- UI changes are lovely, they really make the game feel fresher and less "beta-y".

- Finally, The arena, now you can choose to fight players that you feel you can outsmart with a nifty team change. Sure, that goes both ways, but more strategy has been added.
  • @Preemo_Magin
    What do you mean? The one that you have to pay energy for? If I'm not mistaken this was the old event in which you could unlock it with a key.
    That costed 50 energy and gave us little gc. They changed this but I'm not sure if you are talking about this.

The new training droid mission I got this day, was the exact same as the previous one, I got some 4* and 5* training droids.
    Credits has always been a problem, training droids no so much for me personally.
  • Ohw there is one thing that annoys me a bit with this new update!
    The sound of the lifesteal when it hits. The bleep is getting quite annoying for the 100th time :p
    Minor detail and I usually play without sound, but perhaps change it or remove the sound entirely.
  • I like it save for two things I HATTTE. Locking yoda behind and event for high rollers (thats what it is. Lets be honest save for lumi and QGJ no one was focusing on jedi) and being able to see arena teams which completely removes any mystery from arena....I would say I really don't like this update

Not everyone. I've spent only $30 and I refused to get poe or fotp or gs! ... Eoth, ashoka, etc are ready to go.. I thought the game was about creating synergy with teams and it looks like the update has gone some way to address this issue :)
  • I'm loving all the new features and UI changes made. This was a HUGE amount of work and they banged it out fairly quickly.
    Thank you again for the hard work and the devotion in what the team at EA do. Keep trucking, can't wait to see what is next!

So stoked about Yoda lol
  • 1h left before we can do the yoda challenge!
  • I love the update, I've said so several times in several forum posts. The only thing I don't like is the major change to Poe, not because I don't agree with it but because they never warned us of such a big change. Other than that, I love it. Aesthetically it looks like a game I'd love to have on a top end PC displaying on my top end HDTV, I love the minor changes like being able to see who uses gear (prior to this update I had hundreds of items waiting to be equipped by my seldom used heroes because I didn't want to risk using a piece of gear my main toons may need) I love how it gives you an indication that you've collected the gear/shards you're looking for an gives a running count of how far you are to obtaining enough to level up/gear up.

I am envious of anyone who can do the Yoda challenge, it'll take me a little while yet to get 5 x 5* Jedi, I currently have 3 at 4*, 2 at 2* and Plo Koon 8 shards off activating so I doubt I'll be able to tackle the challenge during the next week. Good luck to all who do, may the force be with you :)