IOS To Android And Vice-Versa Now Possible!

Prev13456
3Cheers4Tyranny
2084 posts Member
edited May 2017
I think it's about time this thread made it to the OF as many people have been bummed out on not being able to transfer accounts between operating systems. Well, good news! Found this gem on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6a3dsu/thank_you_ea_cg_account_transferred_from_ios_to/

EDIT: First clone helmets and now this! I think it further proves our feedback doesn't fall onto deaf ears.
Post edited by 3Cheers4Tyranny on

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Supposedly. EA/CG's stance on this since the beginning has been it isn't possible. This guy has offered zero proof, so I wouldn't bank on it actually working.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    nice, just in case the next iphone sucks
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon any confirmation on this? Does the account to copy to have to be completely new?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Broulan wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon any confirmation on this? Does the account to copy to have to be completely new?

Are you asking if you can combine the collections of two accounts? That would be pretty nuts...
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    You're asking kozi to confirm a post she already made?

That's a screenshot, not a post, so why not? Where would I go to confirm this otherwise?
    Liath wrote: »

Are you asking if you can combine the collections of two accounts? That would be pretty nuts...

No, but the account on android that I use I played around with for a few days, so just making sure it didn't need to be "completely new" to work.
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Victory screech!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)

Hiya!
    This has been confirmed and in place since the new year. Also included in the Bugs Bin. ;D A new account is preferred, but not necessary. I would note that upon transfer, any content will be overwritten and lost as both accounts cannot be merged.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member

Hiya!
    This has been confirmed and in place since the new year. Also included in the Bugs Bin. ;D A new account is preferred, but not necessary. I would note that upon transfer, any content will be overwritten and lost as both accounts cannot be merged.

Very cool (and good news for people who get new phones!) I'd like to use it to take my iOS account and use it also on an android device, without losing the ability to play it on my iPhone. Would something like that be possible? As a follow on question I contacted EA through the little online chat window support, and they didn't seem to know about this feature yet, so is there another channel I should be going through?
  • Kozispoon
    @Broulan Apologies you received this response. Provide the information necessary, confirm this is possible, and politely request that your ticket be escalated.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    @Broulan Apologies you received this response. Provide the information necessary, confirm this is possible, and politely request that your ticket be escalated.
    Doing so now, but it definitely won't impact the ability to play on the old platform?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Doing so now, but it definitely won't impact the ability to play on the old platform?

My guess is it will only let you switch completely from one to the other. But let us know if it lets you stay connected to both.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    imo it should be synced to both platforms, but play once at a time like steam. and on the same platform for this game as is right now
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Give a mouse a muffin....
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Kozispoon
    edited May 2017
    If you have follow up questions regarding this process, or anything else regarding account transfers, I encourage you to include it in your support ticket! =D
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

My guess is it will only let you switch completely from one to the other. But let us know if it lets you stay connected to both.

Indeed, that's the answer I received, one time service and it would essentially create a copy to my android device, but they would not sync. Perhaps I should've just bought an iPad instead of the Android based tablet. XD
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    djvita wrote: »
    imo it should be synced to both platforms, but play once at a time like steam. and on the same platform for this game as is right now

I like that idea as well, but without going into a lot of detail, that's between Google and Apple. The request to play across both platforms requires deals that are out of CG's hands. For now, I'm just thankful that there is a way for us to switch our devices without losing our accounts, because that took a lot of work on its own. Thank you CG Dev Team!

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    i understand like i said in my opinion. but others will benefit for this and its great that this is possible now.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member

I like that idea as well, but without going into a lot of detail, that's between Google and Apple. The request to play across both platforms requires deals that are out of CG's hands. For now, I'm just thankful that there is a way for us to switch our devices without losing our accounts, because that took a lot of work on its own. Thank you CG Dev Team!

Yeah I'm in this boat too. Very cool its available for those switching phones/devices, but I would also definitely dig being able to have it on both with the ability to sync.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    i understand like i said in my opinion. but others will benefit for this and its great that this is possible now.

I got you, but it's a good question/observation/idea, so I'm bringing it up for future readers.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • crixvane
    88 posts Member
    I have an iPhone and an android tablet. So you're saying it's possible to have my account on both now, or can only one be active at a time? According to the Reddit user, both are active at the same time, but that may not be intentional.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    The gist of it that I got from support is it would basically copy your current account to the other device, and then they would not sync. Basically its a service for if you switch from one phone type to another, but not to run on both.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Kozi just confirmed it can be done.

1SStXbq.png

@ouchie how do you get this colors in the signature
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    nice, just in case the next iphone sucks

Nice, just in case the Android keeps getting malware, viruses and hacked.
    Or should simply explode. Again.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    The gist of it that I got from support is it would basically copy your current account to the other device, and then they would not sync. Basically its a service for if you switch from one phone type to another, but not to run on both.
    @Broulan did they mention if you would have to rejoin your guild after the change? Or if you would keep your rank on your arena shards or have to start lower down over on a different shard?

• Broulan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

The gent on Reddit says he can actually use both iOS and Android devices to play the same account, and that it updates between the two, but that he can only use one at a time (just like it has always been). If this is factual, I can see why it'll work: Both devices have the same account on them.

IMG_3920.png

IMG_3921.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member

I agree, its disappointing that we are still being restricted on one device like we were before from a certain point of view. Either way its tedious to go through support (Ive had a really bad experience from EA support) and it would've been better if we could sync our account from the settings option. I own different devices and would love to play the game through all of them but unfortunately that might not be possible.
  • Bobby777 wrote: »

I agree, its disappointing that we are still being restricted on one device like we were before from a certain point of view. Either way its tedious to go through support (Ive had a really bad experience from EA support) and it would've been better if we could sync our account from the settings option. I own different devices and would love to play the game through all of them but unfortunately that might not be possible.

@Bobby777 did you read my post just above that states the gent on Reddit is playing the same account on different platforms?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »

@Bobby777 did you read my post just above that states the gent on Reddit is playing the same account on different platforms?

Yes but kozy stated that two accounts cannot be merged and that upon transfer that any content will be overwritten. I would like to contact support and ask more about this but its going to be a headache so I think I will just wait.
  • Bobby777 wrote: »
    Bobby777 wrote: »

Yes but kozy stated that two accounts cannot be merged and that upon transfer that any content will be overwritten. I would like to contact support and ask more about this but its going to be a headache so I think I will just wait.

She states this @Bobby777:
    Hiya!

That has nothing to do with whether you can play on the same account on 2 different platforms. She's saying that you can't merge the earnings, such as stats, shards, abilities, etc. i.e. If you have 6* Vader on 1 and a 5* Vader on another, you're not going to get a 7* Vader. You'll get only the account you choose.

As for playing on two different devices, I've asked the gent on Reddit to chime in here, or at least update more info over there. I'm surmising the accounts have different Player IDs but the same Ally Code. Or they both could have the same. We will see when he replies.

SnakesOnAPlane