Emperor's Demise T6 - Do or Do Not?

Prev13
KorAgaz
105 posts Member
So I'm trying to get EP to 6*, but Tier 6 looks impossible with my squad. Wanted to ask whether to keep trying, since, at the moment and after 10 or so tries, after I kill the second royal guard I'm getting destroyed by EP who attacks again and again and again. This is my squad:

- AA (L) L73 G8 6*
- Biggs L75 G8 7*
- Wedge L75 G8 6*
- Lando L72 G8 7*
- Leia L72 G8 6*

Leia looks like the weakest spot in my team (since she does practically nothing, managing to get only a handful of attacks which are usually single). Mods is another problem of mine (they all have T1 health mods, with lando having 2 x T3 ones, and AA having 4 x protection and 2 x tenacity).

Do you think there's a hope? Should I just abandon and strengthen my squad for next time? I hope I'll have someone more useful (STH) instead of Leia by then.

Oh and these are all my 6* Rebels so there's no option of trying other combinations.

Replies

• RefugeAssassin
    123 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    6 You should be fine just focus down the RG's first. Id switch AA for Lando lead so you still get speed but also get crit so he can keep firing off his AOE. You dont have many other skills that arent attack so AA's second leader bonus is pretty useless.
  • Huh I use the same team w/ Wedge lead & had no problems. Mods maybe?
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    I just auto-ed it with:

Wedge-L (Level 71, Gear 8)
    Biggs (Level 71, Gear 8)
    StHan (Level 71, Gear 8)
    Lando (Level 70, Gear 7)
    Ackbar (Level 68, Gear 7)

They all have mediocre assortment of 3rd/4th tier crit/health mods. Sprinkles of speed secondaries here and there but nothing to write home about.

Only lost StHan and everyone else with at least 80% health.

I think you'll be fine.
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    if you can't beat it it's probably because of lack of decent mods.
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you for your replies (and so fast!).

I'm using AA lead for the extra tenacity. With Lando or Wedge I'm getting even more stuns.

After the RGs are defeated, I pretty much watch Palp killing all 4 remaining squad members (usually AA is dead by then) with back-to-back attacks, even if they are at full health at that point. Best I've done is get him to yellow health.

Looks like it's the mods then. Guess I'll build 'em up (we got 5 days left after all).
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Do you have a better modded arena team? If you do then just wait for the payout time to end tonight and move the mods over to your demise team.
  • KorAgaz wrote: »
    Do you think there's a hope? Should I just abandon and strengthen my squad for next time? I hope I'll have someone more useful (STH) instead of Leia by then.

This is just my opinion, and I'm sure some people will disagree, but I found Leia to be waaaay more useful than STHan in the event. I beat it with Wedge (L), Biggs, Leia, AA, STHan. Han was really weak and did basically nothing, but Leia was a superstar. She is good if you level her up. I would have much preferred to use Lando instead of STHan if I had him.
  • Is there a huge difference between a 6* and 7* Palpatine? Obviously 7* would be nice for heroic raids but other than that is there much difference based solely off star
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    None really. Like you said it's more just for raids.
  • I found 7 no to be that much harder.. just more bodies.. if you can take out EP quick you are probably set.. I did it with all gear 8 ...luke lead, wiggs, landó, st han.... I struggled a bit on 6* because EP was going crazy hitting me and stunning me.. then I put luke in for his tenacity.. I thought 7 would be a lot harder but I didn't feel it was.. took me 3 tries with luke lead. Kill EP first
  • I found 7 no to be that much harder.. just more bodies.. if you can take out EP quick you are probably set.. I did it with all gear 8 ...luke lead, wiggs, landó, st han.... I struggled a bit on 6* because EP was going crazy hitting me and stunning me.. then I put luke in for his tenacity.. I thought 7 would be a lot harder but I didn't feel it was.. took me 3 tries with luke lead. Kill EP first
    Try reading the OP's post again. ;)
    Scotte8797 wrote: »
    Is there a huge difference between a 6* and 7* Palpatine? Obviously 7* would be nice for heroic raids but other than that is there much difference based solely off star
    A little more health and damage never hurts. That's the only real difference in stats. You may also get targeted more with 6* palp because he's going to be easier to kill.
  • Would lando, wedge, Biggs, k2so, and Akbar be good enough for 7? I used wedge lead for the others
  • Wedge lead, that should be fine, I beat six with less. You may have it overkilled.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Would lando, wedge, Biggs, k2so, and Akbar be good enough for 7? I used wedge lead for the others

Should be.... It was easy. Are your toons at least gear 8?
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Is there a huge difference between a 6* and 7* Palpatine? Obviously 7* would be nice for heroic raids but other than that is there much difference based solely off star

He is rather squishy and slow at 7*. 6* is going to be more so on those points. The difference is not huge, but it's not negligible either. Will it make a difference in arena? yes, yes it will.
    Try reading the OP's post again. ;)

Haha my bad.. but really he is also trying to see if he needs to invest in more rebel power to get 7 stars right
  • You must not be clearing shock often enough. Use Ackbar to clear shock after 2-3 people in your party get it. If all 5 people in your party are shocked he is going to gain significant amounts of turn meter every time he casts it.

• I can't believe how easy the EP event was. I was worried since all my rebels were only gear 9 that it would be difficult. It was a lot easier than the R2D2 event and some of the other past events which surprised me. I'm happy that I now have a 7 star Emperor.
  • I did mine with g8 toons.. I agree
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I posted in another thread that Cassian was a big help for this group (I had Lando, Wiggs, Akbar). His debuffs (Shock Grenade which is a potent cocktail of debuffs and Crippling Shot) followed by Wedge and Lando nukes melted all the guards and got EP into the yellow. It just took a few attempts to time the skills right ... i.e don't blow the big guns until you got the debuffs off and yeah, timing Ackbar's clear is crucial. My group is all L75 btw so not much higher than yours.

Of course if you don't have Cassian there aren't many other (easily available) rebels that can offer such powerful debuffs, but for me that was the key.
  • I would think that events that can get you 6 star and 7 star characters would be a lot more difficult then some of the past events where you only earn a couple of shards for a few characters. Doesn't make sense to me.
  • Chuwps
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    For me it's not possible..

I have:
    - Ackbar (Level 72, Gear 7) 6*
    - K-2S0 (Level 72, Gear 7) 6*
    - Luke Skywalker (Level 72, Gear 7) 6*
    - Leia (Level 72, Gear 7) 7*
    - Biggs (Level 72, Gear 7) 6*.

My boyfriend do not win the 7* level!

He have:
    - Ackbar (Level 75, Gear 8) 7*
    - Skywalker (Level 77, Gear 8) 7*
    - Biggs (Level 76, Gear 7) 7*
    - Leia (Level 77, Gear 7) 7*
    - Scarif Rebel (Level 74, Gear 7)7*

I'm frusted because I love Palpatine :'(
  • Vaylin
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    The last event I could not beat the 6 Palpatine.

I had a Leia, Biggs, Lando, Ackbar, and StHam all at 6 stars. They had gear level 6-7.

Today I ran it with Jyn, Chirrut, Baze, Wedge, and Biggs and easily won the 6 star event.

I'm still working on Wedge, need 25 more shards.

My team for 7 star event would be Chirrut, StHam, Wedge, Biggs, and Leia/Lando. Their gear levels are 10, 9, 6, 8, and 6/7or 8. I should easily win, but just in case I have enough gear saved for Biggs and Wedge.

The event is pretty tough with the easy to farm rebels with mostly level 1 mods and half your team not having ability upgrades. That was my first time when I tried rushing for a 6 star Palpatine about two months ago, but now I'm prepared. I'm fairly certain I can easily beat the 7 star event with my current rebel teams. I will be glad when this even is over to finally not need to farm that Wedge. I have no need for Wedge other than an extra rebel team in HAAT. I could use Wiggs in my light side team, but I'm already working on r1 and r2d2 team with Jyn lead instead.
    So I'm trying to get EP to 6*, but Tier 6 looks impossible with my squad. Wanted to ask whether to keep trying, since, at the moment and after 10 or so tries, after I kill the second royal guard I'm getting destroyed by EP who attacks again and again and again. This is my squad:

- AA (L) L73 G8 6*
    - Biggs L75 G8 7*
    - Wedge L75 G8 6*
    - Lando L72 G8 7*
    - Leia L72 G8 6*

Leia looks like the weakest spot in my team (since she does practically nothing, managing to get only a handful of attacks which are usually single). Mods is another problem of mine (they all have T1 health mods, with lando having 2 x T3 ones, and AA having 4 x protection and 2 x tenacity).

Oh and these are all my 6* Rebels so there's no option of trying other combinations.

If you can, kill Palp first.
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Can't give advice, I beat 7* tier today barely taking a hit. G10 wiggs, g8 cassian/k2so and a g9 lando. 1 shot ep and vader with assist attack from biggs before rg could taunt. I honestly think you need a lot less gear then I had and can do it easily. I just auto attacked with cassian and k2so. Can see my mods and characters on my swgoh.gg profile below.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Palp event was designed along time ago. That's why it's easy.
  • Yeah I was way op as well. G8 wedge lead. G10 Biggs. G8 ackbar. G9 sth and g9 lando. Was over before it started. Even alt handily unlocked him with wedge, chirrut, Biggs, Leia, sth. All g7 and g6.
  • Kane13 wrote: »
    Palp event was designed along time ago. That's why it's easy.

R2 event was wasn't very hard either

This is just my opinion, and I'm sure some people will disagree, but I found Leia to be waaaay more useful than STHan in the event. I beat it with Wedge (L), Biggs, Leia, AA, STHan. Han was really weak and did basically nothing, but Leia was a superstar. She is good if you level her up. I would have much preferred to use Lando instead of STHan if I had him.

St Han is not supposed to do anything, except taunt. He taunts and soaks up all the RG stuns. That is a big deal, makes a huge difference. So many rebels out there now, so many ways to go.

I would recommend spending all your cantina energy trying to get some arrows with a speed primary, if you don't already have them. Even 1 or 2* speed arrows would be a big help.
  • Im currently stuck on the 7*tier and im getting destroyed. Im using a luke lead lvl77 a lvl79 bodhi rook a lvl 75 sth a lvl 72 biggs and a lvl69 scarif rebel pathfinder. Im taking out the rg team kind of easily and even managed to take out vader once but i still generally keep getting wrecked. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.