First Ever Perfect, Truly Arena-Breaking Team Incoming?

Prev13
JohnnySteelAlpha
2794 posts Member
edited May 2017
Given the potential for Luke to finally be in the game, and with what heroes we have in the game at this time, I believe we have the real possibility to actually break arena and have the first perfect team. Please note I do not think arena has ever been truly fully broken where there was one perfect team that was unbeatable at a 60% rate or higher. Even Poe had counters, but they were very uncommon.

Let's assume Luke is released and let's also project the following:

1. He has a tremendous leader skill (cause why not it's Luke) that covers at least Jedi and Rebels and is considered among the best leaders in the game if not the best
2. He has great ability generally as a character (again, Luke)
3. He has buddy synergy with R2 (maybe the lowest chance of these 3, but possible)

Given those assumptions, what comp is going to stand a chance against the following team:

Luke (L) buffing rebels and Jedi with great leaer skill and bringing a nasty overall kit with Chaze-like synergy with R2
R2Z2 - pushing out sizable health and offense to rebels and Jedi
Chaze - what perfect team wouldn't involve Chaze right?
GK - Mr. do it all - elite arena stud - 2nd highest usage on GG

What's beating that theoretical comp aside from a mirror team or a team that also features that same core of heroes?

Replies

• What i wonder is how they are going to release him....
    New raid? Or the recent trend of the marquee events...
    Like R2 will suddenly everyone have him at 7* the first week out?
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    I assume Luke WILL be OP in a way but given the amount of toons and abilities we have in game now I think there will be counter teams out there capable of beating Luke and his team.

BTW I am 95% sure Luke is the next fan favorite and if it is him and he has the Jedi Tag I will use him with my QGJ lead Jedi team. I could consider using him as lead depending on what Synergy he gives Jedi. Also I don't know why but if its Rebel Luke Skywalker being added I don't know if he will have a Lead at all given that version of Luke isn't exactly the leader type. If its ROTJ Green lightsaber luke then thats a whole nother ball game.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    I'm actually not sure he should have number 1. He's a beast, yes, the most accomplished force user (especially of the old EU), a highly decorated Rebel fighter, and rebuilt the Jedi Academy. However, thinking through the movies, he wasn't actually a leader in anything. I think it makes more sense to have an amazing unique with the explicit "as long as Luke is alive" text.
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Luke will be given at 3*...pay to upgrade. That's my guess anyway.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Can't break what's already broken.
    Arena is a joke. No real balance, and the devs aren't even trying.

Luke will probably be a GK-like character. My guess is an Attacker with loads of utility that will be perfect in a Rex team.

The truth is, he doesn't do much as a Jedi. Heck, there should not be any Jedi synergy considering he didn't spend much time with any besides Yoda and Old Ben.

He doesn't do much with the Rebels either, except in ep IV.
    After that he pretty much follows his own agenda and tries to protect his friends.

I don't believe he will come soon though.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    I'm actually not sure he should have number 1. He's a beast, yes, the most accomplished force user (especially of the old EU), a highly decorated Rebel fighter, and rebuilt the Jedi Academy. However, thinking through the movies, he wasn't actually a leader in anything. I think it makes more sense to have an amazing unique with the explicit "as long as Luke is alive" text.

Exactly. He had very little training with the force. Before Order 66 there were many Jedi, and they were trained from a very young age. Remember the council reservations of Anakin being too old to begin training? Luke was just the only Jedi left, since Yoda, and Ben didn't really count.

But, then again this game doesn't take lore into account much when determining skill of a character. Look how weak Jedi are outside of Kenobi compared to everyone else...
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Jedi luke's ability descriptions will be so long due to multiple 2 person synergies with Leia, with Han, with Old Ben, with yoda, and with R2... and that'll break the game

and as we stand in awe of trying to make sense of it all and the subsequent theory crafting... it'll also break the forum.

c'mon, tell me that's not the trend it's going in
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Luke is the most powerful force user? His Daddy was the Chosen One.
  • Luke was never a great leader
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    Luke is the most powerful force user? His Daddy was the Chosen One.

For real.. compared to all the Jedi and their real training before him.. he's a joke.. he's the strongest compared to....???? Vader got emotional and Palp just shook his **** until daddy threw him over the top ropes lol
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    Assume Luke is the prize for the new mode being announced later this month.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Arena is already broken.
  • Given the potential for Luke to finally be in the game, and with what heroes we have in the game at this time, I believe we have the real possibility to actually break arena and have the first perfect team. Please note I do not think arena has ever been truly fully broken where there was one perfect team that was unbeatable at a 60% rate or higher. Even Poe had counters, but they were very uncommon.

Let's assume Luke is released and let's also project the following:

1. He has a tremendous leader skill (cause why not it's Luke) that covers at least Jedi and Rebels and is considered among the best leaders in the game if not the best
    2. He has great ability generally as a character (again, Luke)
    3. He has buddy synergy with R2 (maybe the lowest chance of these 3, but possible)

Given those assumptions, what comp is going to stand a chance against the following team:

Luke (L) buffing rebels and Jedi with great leaer skill and bringing a nasty overall kit with Chaze-like synergy with R2
    R2Z2 - pushing out sizable health and offense to rebels and Jedi
    Chaze - what perfect team wouldn't involve Chaze right?
    GK - Mr. do it all - elite arena stud - 2nd highest usage on GG

What's beating that theoretical comp aside from a mirror team or a team that also features that same core of heroes?

Imo this already happened with the Wiggs meta...
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    He's probably coming with either the new game mode or the next raid. Probably he actually won't be the newest fan favorite, unfortunately. Bad habit of EA. Also I doubt they'll make him so op s to break arena. Even if he's hard to counter in the right team for a while, the counter will come. He'll probably be awesome on offense but the AI will most likely muck him up as he'll likely have a very complicated skill set.
  • yes please.
    GK + Luke + Chaze + R2 will be great, but where's DN in that team?
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    Luke unique will be the most powerful in the game. It's going to be "Luke does everything baze and chirrut do, but he does it alone"
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Dralkyr wrote: »

RotJ showcased Luke's leader abilities. He sent the droids in and Lando to infiltrate Jabba's Palace. He lead Han's whole rescue. He was giving orders to Leia on the Forest Moon of Endor when chasing down the speeders.

Plus part of leadership is inspiring people, and he did that through all of the OT. He convinced Han to rescue Leia (he lead him to free her) in ANH. He was the one that came up with the plan to infiltrate as storm troopers. He lead Leia to rescue him in tESB.

Since then he has had students that he trained. He literally was THE leader of the Jedi for a short period of time.

He has shown leadership in every movie he was old enough to speak in. Depending on the time frame, some was better than others.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Y'all will have a great time when the new character is Jar Jar. ;)
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Zaul sith teams go first.

Stun, daze, CD increase'.

ANNHILATE.

GG.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    Y'all will have a great time when the new character is Jar Jar. ;)

Makes sense. People have been saying the Sith need a buff.

• Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Luke was never a great leader
    Well, QGJ is the best Jedi leader in the game... :)
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    If Luke would have been alive in the era of the prequels or even before that, he probably wouldn't have lasted longer than a day :D
    Don't get me wrong, I love the originals and I love Luke Skywalker but judging skills, he isn't even top 10.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    If Luke would have been alive in the era of the prequels or even before that, he probably wouldn't have lasted longer than a day :D
    Don't get me wrong, I love the originals and I love Luke Skywalker but judging skills, he isn't even top 10.

Well, Luke beat vader when like nobody could (legends material)
  • I think R2D2 can make mostly Jedi teams equal to the best Zaul and triple cleanse teams already, if Jedi Luke is introduced he won't even have to have that great a leader ability if he can improve on JKA or Yoda on a Jedi team.

Other than adding damage to a zQGJ team so that they have everything other teams have plus crazy amounts of foresight I have a hard time seeing how they could make him strong enough to make a significantly stronger defence team than existing triple cleanse variations. There are already six or seven borderline OP characters vying for spots on those teams, adding one more shouldn't make that much difference unless they go really overboard.
  • I think R2D2 can make mostly Jedi teams equal to the best Zaul and triple cleanse teams already, if Jedi Luke is introduced he won't even have to have that great a leader ability if he can improve on JKA or Yoda on a Jedi team.

Other than adding damage to a zQGJ team so that they have everything other teams have plus crazy amounts of foresight I have a hard time seeing how they could make him strong enough to make a significantly stronger defence team than existing triple cleanse variations. There are already six or seven borderline OP characters vying for spots on those teams, adding one more shouldn't make that much difference unless they go really overboard.

last I checked it was GK Chaze DN only for the "OP" tag?
  • Jamie_SWGOH
    160 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Just because Luke is the most hotly anticipated character in the game, doesn't mean he'll be OP - that's the hype talking. Sure he'll probably be great, even elite, but not game breaking.
  • Just because Luke is the most hotly anticipated character in the game, doesn't mean he'll be OP - that's the hype talking. Sure he'll probably be great, even elite, but not game breaking.

I think the point is that him + Chaze + R2 + GK will be game breaking. This team even without him is pretty close already.
  • Just because Luke is the most hotly anticipated character in the game, doesn't mean he'll be OP - that's the hype talking. Sure he'll probably be great, even elite, but not game breaking.

I think the point is that him + Chaze + R2 + GK will be game breaking. This team even without him is pretty close already.

My guess is some haven't faced a maxed / highly modded version of Chaze + R2z2 + GK yet to see that those 4 alone are getting pretty close to arena immortality as it is. R2 shrinks the roster further yet as he hurts zDM to a great degree (the prior main counter to Chaze) and also creates the need for an aoe buff remover like B2 or DT. There's no holes in that setup of 4 and you have all top elite arena skills packed in right there. Stick an elite leader on top of those 4 that buffs them more and make that leader also an incredibly potent attacker with top tier skills....I think if played on an even mod basis it would be incredibly difficult to create a team that beats that at a >60% rate that doesn't also include at least 3 of those same heroes. I'd be even more confident saying a consistent counter couldn't be constructed without using any of those 5. All speculation at this point...but it would actually be cool if Luke / R2 came in and shut the door on everything. Regardless, I hope he's on the game's horizon.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Being a Jedi already puts Luke on a considerable disadvantage against most Sith teams...
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    I'm still waiting for darkside to catch up in toon viability and synergy like the light side toons...

Darkside has no chaze
    Darkside has no GK
    Darkside has no R2

All toons who are plug and play and all but R2 have already been present in multiple meta.

I would prefer holding off on luke until darkside gets some actual toons to be able to plug and play with synergy.

Closest thing darkside has is

DN
    Palp